Buckets of KFC fried chicken smuggled...

Buckets of KFC fried chicken smuggled through tunnel in Gaza Strip

There are 63 comments on the WTKS-FM Maitland story from May 17, 2013, titled Buckets of KFC fried chicken smuggled through tunnel in Gaza Strip. In it, WTKS-FM Maitland reports that:

They say everybody needs a little KFC, and it seems they're right. Gaza residents don't have access to a local branch - so they're willing to pay more than twice the going price to get it delivered from Egypt in a highly complex process that takes some four hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKS-FM Maitland.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#1 May 17, 2013
I remember living in colorado back in the stone age, when Coors was not a national brand...and the lengths folks would go through to get it.

That's what this reminds me of, ha!
Feast

Huntington, NY

#2 May 17, 2013
Awesome. Fatten them up before Thanksgiving.

“Never underestimate a witch ..”

Level 3

Since: May 13

It might be your undoing ....

#3 May 17, 2013
So right Debra, if you can't get it, you want it more.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#4 May 17, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
I remember living in colorado back in the stone age, when Coors was not a national brand...and the lengths folks would go through to get it.
We had the same situation down here, a case of Coors was a very nice gift to give, it showed that you had "Connections". Now that it's legal, you can't give the stuff away.......

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#5 May 17, 2013
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>We had the same situation down here, a case of Coors was a very nice gift to give, it showed that you had "Connections". Now that it's legal, you can't give the stuff away.......
haha, it was not my beverage of choice either!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#6 May 17, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, it was not my beverage of choice either!
I remember when I was a kid someone gave my dad a case of the stuff for a party, and everyone walking around with a Coors like they were holding a trophy.It was even the subject of a Smokey and the Bandit movie. Now that it's available in the store, no one buys it. I don't remember the last time I saw someone drinking or buying Coors...

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#7 May 17, 2013
I always preferred Coors to Budweiser, had a couple of them last night.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#8 May 17, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
Beer is for amateurs..... I'll have a charcoal aged dusky musky full flavored smooth Kentucky sippin' Bourbon,thank you.
Level 7

Location hidden

#9 May 17, 2013
Original or extra crispy heart attack?

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 May 17, 2013
reebie wrote:
Original or extra crispy heart attack?
I prefer my heart attack to come in the Original recipe. Not sure I can blame them, I'd try to get it smuggled in too. It may be sad.. but it still darned tasty.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#11 May 17, 2013
It sounds like life is pretty cushy for the arab-Israelis.....collecting welfare and eating chicken. They should thank Israel. They live better than any of their brethren in neighboring arab states.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12 May 17, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
Oh Honey, I DO remember those times too! I used to live in Ohio, and I used to make beer runs to Colorado. The rumor was that you couldn't get Coors East of the Mississippi because it wasn't pasteurized. So I'd load up the trunk of the car with Coors, bring it back, and sell the cases to my friends. Then one day I actually tasted it---I about spit it out!-and I drove all that way just to bring that sh!t back! And now that I live in Arizona I drink beer from back East!--Go figure! I really think that your stomach gets used to the bacteria from the water that you grew up with---so for me it's beer brewed from DETROIT RIVER WATER! LOL!

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#13 May 17, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
coors is only slightly better than buttwiper...
Level 7

Location hidden

#14 May 17, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer my heart attack to come in the Original recipe. Not sure I can blame them, I'd try to get it smuggled in too. It may be sad.. but it still darned tasty.
Me too Im afraid, Im ashamedly smitten with original recipe thighs.. its a sickness
:)

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 May 17, 2013
reebie wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too Im afraid, Im ashamedly smitten with original recipe thighs.. its a sickness
:)
Reebie, if that's a sickness then quite a few of us have the same bug. It is admittedly pretty nice to have a buttermilk biscuit to eat with it. Yummmm....

Sorry reebie, all of props today or you would get one :).

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#16 May 18, 2013
I'd bet real money that the greasy chicken isn't all that's being smuggled through that tunnel from Egypt to Gaza!

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#18 May 18, 2013
Inject a bunch of liquid laxative into a few pieces just before they pack it up!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#19 May 18, 2013
nils wrote:
Since you are for Israel, I guess you won't mind me building my new house on your property after I take it from you. In fact I may just put you and your family out of your misery by taking you lives - just like Israel - in fact ill probably take over your whole town since I feel threatened because you are a lower life form- maybe then you will understand how it feels to be a Palestinian - in fact I am sure that your thoughts are right on par with what Jesus would want- you and your kind disgust me.
<quoted text>
The so-called "Palestinians" have no claim to the land of Israel. There is no such place as "Palestine" and no such people as "Palestinians".
The whole thing is merely muslim theater designed to legitimize the muslim agenda of usurping the holy sites of other more worthy religions and squelching their message. They furthermore have it as an intrinsic part of their hateful and malignant ideology to commit genocide against non-muslims in general and Jews specifically.

Free and decent humanity is at war. Islam is the enemy. Israel is our ally.
nils

United States

#20 May 18, 2013
Are you serious? Are you that ignorant? Surely someone of faith recognizes the bible who talks of the Palestinians. Surely you would know that the people of Israel lost the battle and were ousted from the area only to find a way back after ww2- Palestine is now a recognized state by the UN - Israel continues to build on land outside of their borders. They treat Palestinians like animals- Certainly if u were treated as a second class citizen you would revolt too. Your ignorance on the history of the Middle East is appalling. Further have you ever wondered why - through out time that the Jewish people have been forced out of numerous areas- could it be that past civilizations have witnessed their hatred and their heretics and became fed up with them? Have you ever read the Talmud or Kabbalah - two of their religious books that talk of magic and raping children? How about all of the notorious crimes against humanity that present day Israel commits? So many middle eastern states don't like us because of our beliefs and way of living- can you really blame them? What is so good about our way of life- we abuse nature- we are wasteful- we are hipocrits- we we are supposed to be protectors of freedom- yet we take away freedoms everyday and allow unspeakable injustices to occur (in the name of god) I don't know anyone who would want to worship a god full of hatred and revenge. Yet you sit back and watch it all happen - because you think your religion is right. Well so do Muslims. I admit there are bad people in every race and religion- but none seem to abuse others as much as the leaders of Israel. Oh you say it's the holy land? Really? With so much blood on that land- why is it so holy- you are merely a pawn and have fallen for the trick. They have been fighting for thousands of years and will continue to fight for thousands of years- we need to let those people be and let them sort it out. And you denying the existence of Palestinians just shows your ignorance- if you think I'm wrong google it or maybe read a book-since you are so educated on the subject matter. Why are you not teaching a class? Turn off your television and your racist views and accept that you are part of the problem- and the solution is not more hate but acceptance of every religion and ethnicity that spreads love and understanding and not doing harm against others. It's kind of funny though how you think Israel is our ally though- yet they have killed America's servicemen. And since you believe that Muslims states are the enemy (which is ridiculous ) what about Egypt and Turkey and many of the other nations in the world? And if Islam is so bad, why does it have such a big following? And if Christianity is so good - how come - with all the donations- there are still poor people in the world? How come the Catholic Church owns so much land? How come the Jewish religion teaches that non Jewish people are second class people that can be used and lied to?
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>The so-called "Palestinians" have no claim to the land of Israel. There is no such place as "Palestine" and no such people as "Palestinians".
The whole thing is merely muslim theater designed to legitimize the muslim agenda of usurping the holy sites of other more worthy religions and squelching their message. They furthermore have it as an intrinsic part of their hateful and malignant ideology to commit genocide against non-muslims in general and Jews specifically.

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#21 May 19, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>The so-called "Palestinians" have no claim to the land of Israel. There is no such place as "Palestine" and no such people as "Palestinians".
what's your evidence that the jews had any rights in that land?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min 8541 MARINE 73,305
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 2 min andet1987 5
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 5 min Random Task 8
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Just another Joe 220,525
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 min Random Task 21,419
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 8 min andet1987 47
News Toddlers escape crib 14 min visitor 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min Trump Two Terms 213,032
Icon Discussion 17 hr Crystal_Clear722 104
More from around the web