Sheriff: McCready shot dog before killing herself

Feb 18, 2013 Full story: The Kansas City Star 63

A two-year program will bring help from University of Missouri faculty and students to support a goal of attracting artists, tourists and eventually, residents, Lexington, Mo., which, like so many other small towns, seems to be gasping for breath.

Full Story

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#21 Feb 19, 2013
Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Drew stated she was in a treatment program, but only stayed 24 hours. She was concerned about the stigma of addressing her mental stability. I hope you're right about finding peace, as the religious folks will tell you just the opposite.:(
Religious or not and regardless of what ppl say, I hope she finds it..
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#22 Feb 19, 2013
Billy R wrote:
Well, she sure didn't shoot the dog AFTER she killed herself....
Did they find an empty Peanut Butter jar at the scene?

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#23 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic wrote:
I don't believe anyone wants to really take their own life. How does anyone that despondent have the ability to help themselves? I don't claim to understand the complexities of a suicidal person. It seems that some people are destined to have the predisposition to go that route, but something has to trigger it for whatever reasons, probably a matter of not dealing with life's problems effectively, growing up in a dysfunctional or abusive home, or perhaps genetics are involved. I only knew 3 people who took their lives, and at that time, they were so despondent depressed and out of reach, nothing seemed to get through to them. All were on prescription meds for depression and that seemed to make them worse after a while. I only know of one who was taking other drugs, other then what was prescribed by the doctor. A close friend of mine killed herself about 5 years ago. She was already on prescription drugs for serious depression. She lost her artist husband to Diabetes years before and never got over it. She had been a drug user since her high school days and perhaps that helped to cause even more problems leading to deep depression and suicidal thoughts. It seemed the last straw was when she learned that her deceased parents were really her aunt and uncle. She had a half sister she never knew about until 2 months before she died. So sad. Life is strange sometimes. I always wanted to be like her. She was the cool one of the crowd - beautiful, statuesque and hip, yet it didn't seem to matter in the end. Was McCready on drugs, taking prescription meds or taking a combination of both? Drug addiction of any kind can change the brain's chemistry, logic, reasoning, etc.; especially if the person has been taking them for a long time.
You had in within a few sentences.
Not dealing w/the problems in life as
they come. Letting them pile up until
there are so many that it's hard to see
a way around.

Drug and alcohol abuse often causes a
"man made" type of bi polar disorder.
The intense highs and lows.

Add those things together and you get
a recipe for disaster.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#24 Feb 19, 2013
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying, but people who think suicide is the answer are sadly mistaken.
The fact is that they are dumping their problems on their loved ones who have to deal with the aftermath. I think it very sad that someone can't find another soul to reach out to.
We all have issues .... the world is not easy.
Suicide does seem to be the ultimate in selfishness and I once felt there is no acceptable excuse for it, but my opinion has changed over the years. In fact, I felt like the selfish person for not understanding the depth of suicide, so I tried to educate myself. I now have more compassion then I ever had before. Of course, knowing a few people who have committed suicide was helpful, but it was a disturbing and sad thing for me. For a parent like McCready, she may have felt her children were better off without her. That's the tragic extent that mental issues and depression often take. Suicidal people generally feel worthless. They believe that their lives are completely meaningless and that they can only continue to cause more unhappiness and harm for others, particularly to the ones they love most. In their mind, everyone is better off without them and the pain of living becomes overwhelming for these people. Some people who have suicidal thoughts haven't sunk deep enough and are able to help themselves or get the help they need. For others, it's not so easy. I try not to generalize, particularly when it comes to suicide because everyone is different and has individual needs, concerns and issues. Genetics as to mental capacity, mental health, disease, etc., lifestyle, etc., can all have varying effects on humans.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#25 Feb 19, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
You had in within a few sentences.
Not dealing w/the problems in life as
they come. Letting them pile up until
there are so many that it's hard to see
a way around.
Drug and alcohol abuse often causes a
"man made" type of bi polar disorder.
The intense highs and lows.
Add those things together and you get
a recipe for disaster.
We're all responsible for ourselves, but some people are not as good at organizing their lives or forming strong relationships, friends and/or family. Those particular people may have been that way for so long and may not even be aware of their destructive habits or behaviors. They're likely confused as to why they're lives can't be as happy or simple as others seem to be. Failure seems to be around every corner or at least in their mind it is. I'm not trying to give excuses for suicidal people, only that many do not know why or even how to go about getting the help they need. If they're lucky, a friend or acquaintance may be helpful. If not, they're on their own. Depression and other disorders can be a vicious cycle that is difficult to break from and usually can't without some kind of help or medical care.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26 Feb 19, 2013
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have suffered a suicide in my family.
My point is that any problem can be worked out, it's a shame that people don't take the trouble to try.
Leaving her 6 year old and 10 month old sons behind, just does'nt earn her any props with me.....Hell, she even killed their dog....geez.....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#27 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#28 Feb 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Leaving her 6 year old and 10 month old sons behind, just does'nt earn her any props with me.....Hell, she even killed their dog....geez.....
Yeah, why kill the dog. Why do some who are intent on committing suicide, decide to take others with them? Cowards or some other reason?
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#29 Feb 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
Don't forget Dr. Phil as I'm sure he'll be discussing her suicide, if he hasn't already.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30 Feb 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
He's just as fake as Nancy Grace and Jane Velex Mitchell.....like Carnival Sideshows....Standup Comedy guy, Doug Stanhope does a great routine on Pinsky.....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#31 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Dr. Phil as I'm sure he'll be discussing her suicide, if he hasn't already.
Yeah, but she only stayed with Drew for 24 hours, then she killed herself. Kinda' suspicious, IMO.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#32 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why kill the dog. Why do some who are intent on committing suicide, decide to take others with them? Cowards or some other reason?
Maybe she shot the dog first because the dog might of started barking like crazy and alerted someone to the situation. Maybe she wanted to make sure she wasn't saved. Don't know never even read the story.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#35 Feb 19, 2013
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe she shot the dog first because the dog might of started barking like crazy and alerted someone to the situation. Maybe she wanted to make sure she wasn't saved. Don't know never even read the story.
Seems logical. You could be right. Who can know what is in a person's mind at that moment.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#36 Feb 19, 2013
MZ_Behavin wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you believe she did it because she loved the dog enough to worry where it may end up and with whom and was concerned this could hurt the dog as well? Messed up I realize, but possible.
Prayers and Peace to survivors of suicide. They truly will need it.
That could be a possibility. Difficult to know what she was thinking at that moment. Obviously she wasn't thinking rationally.

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#37 Feb 19, 2013
What did the dog do to her?

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#38 Feb 19, 2013
saw it was the boyfriends dog,

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#39 Feb 19, 2013
BF's dog or not, the question remains, what did the dog do to her? Did the dog bite her? Did the dog try to give her the BF's cooties? If the BF was the problem, why not get him instead? I've yet to see of a corpse having to go to court or prison.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#40 Feb 19, 2013
Spotted Girl wrote:
BF's dog or not, the question remains, what did the dog do to her? Did the dog bite her? Did the dog try to give her the BF's cooties? If the BF was the problem, why not get him instead? I've yet to see of a corpse having to go to court or prison.
You have no clue as to who this thread is about, do you?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#41 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic wrote:
I don't believe anyone wants to really take their own life. How does anyone that despondent have the ability to help themselves? I don't claim to understand the complexities of a suicidal person. It seems that some people are destined to have the predisposition to go that route, but something has to trigger it for whatever reasons, probably a matter of not dealing with life's problems effectively, growing up in a dysfunctional or abusive home, or perhaps genetics are involved. I only knew 3 people who took their lives, and at that time, they were so despondent depressed and out of reach, nothing seemed to get through to them. All were on prescription meds for depression and that seemed to make them worse after a while. I only know of one who was taking other drugs, other then what was prescribed by the doctor. A close friend of mine killed herself about 5 years ago. She was already on prescription drugs for serious depression. She lost her artist husband to Diabetes years before and never got over it. She had been a drug user since her high school days and perhaps that helped to cause even more problems leading to deep depression and suicidal thoughts. It seemed the last straw was when she learned that her deceased parents were really her aunt and uncle. She had a half sister she never knew about until 2 months before she died. So sad. Life is strange sometimes. I always wanted to be like her. She was the cool one of the crowd - beautiful, statuesque and hip, yet it didn't seem to matter in the end. Was McCready on drugs, taking prescription meds or taking a combination of both? Drug addiction of any kind can change the brain's chemistry, logic, reasoning, etc.; especially if the person has been taking them for a long time.
I agree with Arctic- you nailed it in the first lines. Excellent post!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Level 4

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#42 Feb 19, 2013
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she didnt want to go into the great beyond alone......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 9 min bob 302
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 17 min whatimeisit 7,874
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min MikeF 142,047
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 28 min Of honor 30,468
last word - first (Jun '12) 33 min whatimeisit 7,362
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 35 min Air 27,128
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 36 min city of Bahrain 3,366
"man" words 1 hr NEXT 251
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 38,482
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Good-Evil 155,297