Police identify teen killed in gunfight in KCa s Northeast area

Mar 20, 2012 Full story: The Kansas City Star 63

A teenager killed in a Monday afternoon exchange of gunfire in Kansas City’s Northeast area has been identified as Rio Barnes Jauregui-Ellis.Kansas City police said the18-year-old Kansas City resident was fatally shot about 4 p.m. Monday near North Denver Avenue and Budd Park Esplanade.Witnesses told police that Jauregui-Ellis arrived in a ... (more)

Full Story

“Jody”

Level 7

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Mar 22, 2012
Kids killing kids.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#22 Mar 22, 2012
The trick is always about letting the other person go out for what he believes...

hope his family gets peace...
thatperson

Kansas City, MO

#23 Mar 22, 2012
What does his race have to do with anything? not a damn thing. No he's not muslim. Until they talk to the other to people they dont know what really happened. They said he ALLEGEDLY went back to his car and got a shotgun. No I am not justifying what he did if that is what happened but he did not deserve to die. Rio is/was a good kid who took the wrong path but that doesnt mean that the other people involved should get away with what they did. His parents lost their child and now his 5 siblings have lost their brother. Regardless of what really happened he is gone and he's not coming back. Why cant everyone just leave him alone. Have some respect for the people who loved him dearly no matter what choices he made. He was only 18 so young he still had a lot of life to live even if it was in jail for what he did. Maybe he would of changed, or stayed the same person who freaking knows but now he doesnt have the chance to change, no one will ever know how he would of turned out he's gone just leave it at that.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#24 Mar 22, 2012
thatperson wrote:
What does his race have to do with anything? not a damn thing. No he's not muslim. Until they talk to the other to people they dont know what really happened. They said he ALLEGEDLY went back to his car and got a shotgun. No I am not justifying what he did if that is what happened but he did not deserve to die. Rio is/was a good kid who took the wrong path but that doesnt mean that the other people involved should get away with what they did. His parents lost their child and now his 5 siblings have lost their brother. Regardless of what really happened he is gone and he's not coming back. Why cant everyone just leave him alone. Have some respect for the people who loved him dearly no matter what choices he made. He was only 18 so young he still had a lot of life to live even if it was in jail for what he did. Maybe he would of changed, or stayed the same person who freaking knows but now he doesnt have the chance to change, no one will ever know how he would of turned out he's gone just leave it at that.
Muslim is not a race, it is a religion. As far as all the other stuff you said, he is now news, in the public eye and everything about him is about to be exposed and ridiculed to the point of absurdity, remember him as you will, that is who you know, the rest of us don't really care about his life, it is his death that even makes him known to us. What you feel is really all you should worry about, not our opinions.
be well.
Adios

Medford, NY

#25 Mar 23, 2012
thatperson wrote:
What does his race have to do with anything? not a damn thing. No he's not muslim. Until they talk to the other to people they dont know what really happened. They said he ALLEGEDLY went back to his car and got a shotgun. No I am not justifying what he did if that is what happened but he did not deserve to die. Rio is/was a good kid who took the wrong path but that doesnt mean that the other people involved should get away with what they did. His parents lost their child and now his 5 siblings have lost their brother. Regardless of what really happened he is gone and he's not coming back. Why cant everyone just leave him alone. Have some respect for the people who loved him dearly no matter what choices he made. He was only 18 so young he still had a lot of life to live even if it was in jail for what he did. Maybe he would of changed, or stayed the same person who freaking knows but now he doesnt have the chance to change, no one will ever know how he would of turned out he's gone just leave it at that.
Ok then, bye-bye.

Since: Oct 11

Dover, DE

#26 Mar 23, 2012
MissingUFriend wrote:
I'm not trying to justify what he did.. But hr didn't fire for no reason.. HE WENT OUT STANDING UP FOR HIMSELF OR SOMETHING HE BELIEVED IN.
" a coward dies a thousand times, a soldier only dies once..."
Rios gone. End of story. The person who took his life gets to live with that forever..
Speaking as a soldier who fought in war, do not insult me by calling this punk a soldier. He is a crimminal! He did this in a public park where an innocent child could have been hurt or killed. He had a choice to walk away and didn't. He fired first, so he got what he deserved!

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#27 Mar 23, 2012
Adios wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, bye-bye.
I'm just glad he "died for what he believed in". Whatever that is... Anybody know the righteous cause he believed in? It wasn't Marksmanship, that's for sure(fo sho!).
Good Wine

Dixon, MO

#29 Mar 23, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Teenagers have become a high risk group to die in shootings. Sad.
Just another scumbag gangbanger who got what he deserved. At least now, the taxpayers won't have to pay $50K a year to warehouse this dirtbag in prison.
lets care again

Lansing, KS

#30 Mar 23, 2012
muslims are the people ..islam is the religion ...... look it up
John Smith

Kansas City, MO

#31 Mar 25, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need a tissue to dry those teary eyes? He fired first, he got shot, HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!
Now STFU and deal with it!!
Actually, he didn't shoot at all. Someone else in the car was trying to protect him AFTER Rio was shot.
John Smith

Kansas City, MO

#32 Mar 25, 2012
Good Wine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another scumbag gangbanger who got what he deserved. At least now, the taxpayers won't have to pay $50K a year to warehouse this dirtbag in prison.
You're an ASS! Rio never even fired the shotgun, and he definately wasn't a scumbag gangbanger. A few teenage kids wanted to score some pot, big f'n deal. If pot was legal, he would still be alive. Maybe a little high from time to time, but ALIVE! How dare you judge those you don't even know, especially when you don't even know all the facts.
John Smith

Kansas City, MO

#33 Mar 25, 2012
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Rio Barnes Jauregui-Ellis, is that Irish? No? Well folks, this is why marksmanship is important. The kid had the drop on the two guys and could have popped both of them if he had used 00 buckshot at the proper range and kept on target. Instead he missed or grazed them(slugs or too light birdshot, range?) and they returned fire(pistols?) and nailed him. I'm mostly surprised he didn't use a knife or machete. Just sayin'
I agree, in siturations like this marksmanship is important, but so is following a few procedures like disarming the bastards that shot him. Yes, Rio HAD the drop but decided to trust these bastards and put the gun back the car, which is when he got shot. While he was trying to run for cover, the bastards gunned him down UNARMED. Someone else in the car was returning fire with the shotgun trying to provide Rio cover so he can escape. Rio NEVER even fired the shotgun.
John Smith

Kansas City, MO

#34 Mar 25, 2012
Kanye East wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is a child.....So, are you saying no one deserves to die?
....and another thing, he wasn't "GREATLY MISSED", their shot(s) hit him square on bro!!!!
Try saying that to the 200+ who showed up to his funeral. You shouldn't believe everything you see on the news, Rio wasn't even the one who fired the shotgun. Another teen in the car was RETURNING fire to provide cover for Rio as he was gunned down UNARMED.
John Smith

Kansas City, MO

#35 Mar 25, 2012
Steev wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as a soldier who fought in war, do not insult me by calling this punk a soldier. He is a crimminal! He did this in a public park where an innocent child could have been hurt or killed. He had a choice to walk away and didn't. He fired first, so he got what he deserved!
No, he didn't fire first. In fact, when he was shot, the shotgun was in the car. He was found roughly 100 yards from his car without the shotgun. You shouldn't believe everything you see on the news, and you shouldn't judge people or situations that you clearly do not understand. Rio was a great kid and his only crime was wanting to smoke a little pot. BFD! He didn't deserve to die over it. And if pot was legal like it should be, he wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.
John Smith

Kansas City, MO

#36 Mar 25, 2012
Paula Dean wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he believed in a lead filled diet.
Not funny shit head. Show some respect.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#37 Mar 26, 2012
John Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he didn't fire first. In fact, when he was shot, the shotgun was in the car. He was found roughly 100 yards from his car without the shotgun. You shouldn't believe everything you see on the news, and you shouldn't judge people or situations that you clearly do not understand. Rio was a great kid and his only crime was wanting to smoke a little pot. BFD! He didn't deserve to die over it. And if pot was legal like it should be, he wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.
Yes Mr. Smith, we get it, thank you for taking the time to point this out repeatedly. Not to be disrespectful, but in my opinion any teen riding around with a loaded shotgun in the car is not an outstanding citizen, rather an incident waiting to happen. Whether he actually shot at the suspects is not important - he produced the weapon in an aggressive, offensive manner, in a public area where innocent citizens could have been injured. I totally agree that he should not have died for 'wanting to smoke a little pot', but for producing a shotgun in an intimidating manner? Thatís something you may want to ponder a bit.
Kettle Black

Medford, NY

#38 Mar 26, 2012
John Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny shit head. Show some respect.
How much "respect" did Rio and his friend show the innocent bystanders in the park?
Simon Lebon

Medford, NY

#39 Mar 26, 2012
Did Rio ever dance on the sand?

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#40 Mar 28, 2012
Ever read Skippjon Jones?
There's Rio the shotgun bandito(clap, clap)
All he wanted was to smoke some pot-ito(clap, clap)
With a click and a clack and a bang and a smack,
he found himself dead on his back!(clap, clap)
My very first narco corrido.
Sitting In The Park

Medford, NY

#41 Mar 28, 2012
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Ever read Skippjon Jones?
There's Rio the shotgun bandito(clap, clap)
All he wanted was to smoke some pot-ito(clap, clap)
With a click and a clack and a bang and a smack,
he found himself dead on his back!(clap, clap)
My very first narco corrido.
Very entertaining......can you produce more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 7 min wichita-rick 1,206
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 20 min andet1987 7,755
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min _hellbilly_ 152,764
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min Hidingfromyou 133,974
raaxeeye77 40 min raaxeeye77 1
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr andet1987 16,189
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr andet1987 138,400
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 2 hr andet1987 1,127
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr andet1987 2,999
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 25,838
More from around the web