Farmer shoots woman, mistaking her fo...

Farmer shoots woman, mistaking her for groundhog

There are 110 comments on the WTLV story from May 9, 2014, titled Farmer shoots woman, mistaking her for groundhog. In it, WTLV reports that:

A 22-year-old woman is dead after a farmer mistakenly shot her thinking she was a groundhog in the tall grass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTLV.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Interesting

Omaha, NE

#110 May 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I see you have reading comprehension skills? I am Pro NRA!
Pro or anti NRA has nothing to do with the subject at hand. But your fervent "PRO NRA" tells me that no amount of discussion will get us anywhere. As with my earlier post, this will come down to a "my dicks bigger than yours" contest. Oh well, I'm quite happy with the size of mine and don't care how big yours is. Guess this discussions over.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#111 May 16, 2014
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro or anti NRA has nothing to do with the subject at hand. But your fervent "PRO NRA" tells me that no amount of discussion will get us anywhere. As with my earlier post, this will come down to a "my dicks bigger than yours" contest. Oh well, I'm quite happy with the size of mine and don't care how big yours is. Guess this discussions over.
Whoa there fella, you're trying to turn this into drama now..
Interesting

Omaha, NE

#112 May 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Whoa there fella, you're trying to turn this into drama now..
Actually it was you that started the "drama" thing with your attempt at demeaning me by asserting that I had no reading comprehension skills. Furthermore, your claim to be "PRO NRA" has no bearing on a discussion about whether or not some form of control is needed in order to keep them out of the hands of those who obviously should never be allowed to own them.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get this off my tracker.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#113 May 17, 2014
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was you that started the "drama" thing with your attempt at demeaning me by asserting that I had no reading comprehension skills. Furthermore, your claim to be "PRO NRA" has no bearing on a discussion about whether or not some form of control is needed in order to keep them out of the hands of those who obviously should never be allowed to own them.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get this off my tracker.
see more drama..
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#114 May 17, 2014
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro or anti NRA has nothing to do with the subject at hand. But your fervent "PRO NRA" tells me that no amount of discussion will get us anywhere. As with my earlier post, this will come down to a "my dicks bigger than yours" contest. Oh well, I'm quite happy with the size of mine and don't care how big yours is. Guess this discussions over.
Oh sure, but is it of high calibre?
Instigator

Fort White, FL

#115 May 18, 2014
Well obviously there have been a few intellectuals pondering on the use/ misuse of firearms. Quite a few valuable contributions, save the posters from Philadelphia, PA... seemingly. And quite a few of those posts there seem to be.

It would seem as though the city of "Brotherly Love" doesn't really have that much love. But it's STILL the home of the Independence Hall, best known as the place where the Declaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It was also where the Continental Congress met again 11 years later and wrote the United States Constitution. The highlight of the hall is Assembly Hall, where the Second Continental Congress met behind closed doors and drawn curtains to discuss their desire for independence from the British. This is where the Declaration of Independence was signed and where George Washington was chosen as Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army.
The central feature of the historic district is the Georgian-style Independence Hall, the "birthplace of the United States". Here the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 and the Constitution of the United States was written in 1787. In the restored chamber are a number of historic relics, including Washington's chair and the table on which the Declaration of Independence was signed. Oh, the History that the city holds. Just in that building alone.

I wonder what Old George W's reaction would be to all the gun hating, far left wing liberals Topix posters that apparently live there... in these days and times?

I bet he would hump their leg. And probably not receive any love for it.
Deputy Derpity

Chicago, IL

#116 May 18, 2014
Ooooooo, a chair. Wonder how many reichtards have journeyed to mecca and sniffed that chair just hoping to catch a whiff of one of George's farts still trapped in the wood.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#117 May 18, 2014
Instigator wrote:
Well obviously there have been a few intellectuals pondering on the use/ misuse of firearms. Quite a few valuable contributions, save the posters from Philadelphia, PA... seemingly. And quite a few of those posts there seem to be.
It would seem as though the city of "Brotherly Love" doesn't really have that much love. But it's STILL the home of the Independence Hall, best known as the place where the Declaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It was also where the Continental Congress met again 11 years later and wrote the United States Constitution. The highlight of the hall is Assembly Hall, where the Second Continental Congress met behind closed doors and drawn curtains to discuss their desire for independence from the British. This is where the Declaration of Independence was signed and where George Washington was chosen as Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army.
The central feature of the historic district is the Georgian-style Independence Hall, the "birthplace of the United States". Here the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 and the Constitution of the United States was written in 1787. In the restored chamber are a number of historic relics, including Washington's chair and the table on which the Declaration of Independence was signed. Oh, the History that the city holds. Just in that building alone.
I wonder what Old George W's reaction would be to all the gun hating, far left wing liberals Topix posters that apparently live there... in these days and times?
I bet he would hump their leg. And probably not receive any love for it.
Something does need to be done about the guns, but how do you go about it w/out punishing the ones that do follow Procedure to own and handle weapons properly? Once they go so far as to take away rights to bare arms then American Joe would surly lose his Voice..
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#118 May 18, 2014
Instigator wrote:
gun hating, far left wing liberals
Sniffle. You're the real victim, and don't you forget it.

Also, you might make sure to be aware of when the safety is on and when it is off during your next gun safety demo.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#119 May 19, 2014
Instigator wrote:
Quite a few valuable contributions, save the posters from Philadelphia, PA....best known as the place where the Declaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776.
1. Mor on, homes with guns are statistically less safe than homes without. That's the takeaway - they are a risk factor. The greater danger is the accidents, their use in domestic disputes and suicides. The home invasion or burglary scenarios don't happen that much and are successfully dealt with by the home owner's gun even less frequently. I know things like "statistics" are impossible for the tee baggr / Birther / Creationist mind, however.

2. You might take a trip to Philly and do the free tour of Independence Hall. Since you know nothing about anything you would learn that when such documents as the Declaration (and the Constitution) were signed is anything but clear. And there were multiple, "original" versions of each.

So stop your patriotic bleatings - you are ignorant of all that, as well. It's mere ideology you live by. As with climate denial, as with homophobia, as with Creationism, as with Birtherism - you don't know anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word (Jan '09) 5 min Mega Monster 15,762
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Bezeer 17,630
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min SweLL GirL 12,789
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 6 min Coven Ovens Novel 2,637
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 7 min Bezeer 2,454
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min SweLL GirL 191,099
one word (Apr '11) 9 min Bezeer 7,065
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr ZomBah 6,175
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 56,157
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 32,189
News 'Gay sex causes earthquakes' says conservative ... 3 hr RalphB 40
More from around the web