Farmer shoots woman, mistaking her for groundhog

May 9, 2014 Full story: WTLV 110

A 22-year-old woman is dead after a farmer mistakenly shot her thinking she was a groundhog in the tall grass.

Full Story
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#90 May 12, 2014
justaguess wrote:
It's like taking about a BBQ with a vegan...
hilarious..!
Not so much as those gun show safety demos gone wrong.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#91 May 12, 2014
Instigator wrote:
You wanted stats, so I provided a few.
I knew that whole "causality" thing would go way over your head.

We should have started with the Evolution and vaccine and age of the earth thing.

“Boing, boing, boing, boing,”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#92 May 12, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
We should have started with the Evolution and vaccine and age of the earth thing.
Here, pull My paw.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#93 May 12, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>Here, pull My paw.
Oh, I'm not going to touch you during your gun show safety demo. I could distract you so no one would be "unexpectedly" shot.

Level 9

#94 May 13, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm not going to touch you during your gun show safety demo. I could distract you so no one would be "unexpectedly" shot.
So the meds ain't workin' out right for you,'eh?

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#95 May 13, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>Here, pull My paw.
That was nice & helpful! Offering a LUCKY rabbits foot! Might provide some padding
if they take a fall.
Do I need training & a permit to hide one under my shirt?
I like it doesn't need ammunition or a holster .
If any one ever makes death threats or is kicking in my door again I'll just clutch my blue one REAL hard,then throw it at them.thanks. Like I said educational. Rick
Instigator

Bridgeport, NY

#96 May 13, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did.

I guess if you wouldn't take Commander Bunny's paw then you won't be wanting that hug, huh?.

Level 9

#97 May 13, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did.
I guess if you wouldn't take Commander Bunny's paw then you won't be wanting that hug, huh?.
No, It looks like He's a real big-fat, poopy-headed meanie.

I think I'm going to tell my Mom about him, and She'll be really mad at him.
Instigator

Bridgeport, NY

#98 May 13, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>No, It looks like He's a real big-fat, poopy-headed meanie.
I think I'm going to tell my Mom about him, and She'll be really mad at him.
It's probably for the best I suppose.

I tend to get excited and start humping peoples leg.
Eltons John

Medford, NY

#99 May 13, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
It's probably for the best I suppose.
I tend to get excited and start humping peoples leg.
ooooh la la!!!!

8-)
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#100 May 15, 2014
This thread seems to have died down.

Was there _another_ gun show safety demo?
Instigator

Bridgeport, NY

#101 May 15, 2014
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
This thread seems to have died down.
Was there _another_ gun show safety demo?
Har Har..

The only person that was any fun left. Guess they they didn't like Commander Bunny's offer on the paw, or my hug proposition. Maybe it was the combination of a hug (from moi) and potential leg humping ?

It's entirely possible they computed the stats I provided them, and decided to arm themselves to fend off all the leg humpers. Or....they secretly like having a good leg humping, but were entirely too ashamed to admit it. And that's just a pity...

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#102 May 16, 2014
It didn't die,just had to let the bruise on my forehead heal .
The one I usually get when I "feel" like I am beating it on a granite wall.

I still am serious & really do agree with BOTH sides,BUT where does that leave me? When we have that national giant burn pile with all the guns ,all the ones missing are going to belong to people intent on using them for the wrong reasons.
The same argument is yrs old in our local paper,it has been interesting & that persons twin is in it.has been interesting & is full of info. from a LOT of professionals,professors ,cops,ex cops,lawyers.
As I have said before I have had this conversation in the d.a.'s office
Have also had 3 restraining orders against people 2 of which were making serious ,although drunken stupid,threats against me, 2 really did try to beat my door down. Had I NOT known them I would probably just be getting out jail ,BECAUSE no matter what the law says ,I would have shot through the door! NO question.
Stand your ground laws are amazing a very easy read. BUT also open to a lot of interpretation by the courts.
I wouldn't dare bring up the name zimmerman:(
I do understand,I purposely have never had a big affection for handguns,because I also was a wild drunk & have been in a lot of physical b.s.,have lost many to suicide also. that is another subject,if you want to do it a person will find a way NO MATTER what is available.
A lot of the repeat stuff above ,is exactly what i said BEFORE that lol lol BUT I didn't get the credit lol lol :) I believe I referred to the violent nature of US ,we ARE growing MORE aggressive & of course we will take the better weapon.
Drugs,alcohol,Hollywood WARS all add to that we idolize violent characters, we also hate those types in different degrees ?
Meaning NO ONE approves of a baby killer ,but people will marry a serial killer IN PRISON?
I see this A LOT deeper than one might think. I have been through the system & filed spousal abuse charges AS A MALE in THIS STATE:) & also sole custody rights in the family court system ,a rare thing in this county btw ,I know of two where the other person was not a drug addict or a felon.
I see the guns as a tool in the simpler & simpler minds of uneducated fools. Rick

Interesting

Denver, CO

#103 May 16, 2014
Debates (name calling contests) will never get us anywhere as long as we are still too unintelligent to get past the "my dick is bigger than your dick" phase. As long as "facts" are dismissed as mere numbers and not "truth", no amount of debate will bring us any closer to a solution on "any" issue.
Humans have not developed enough yet to where reason and common sense rule over emotion. These debates will continue for generations to come. Not because we don't see a problem, but because we all want to have the biggest dick on the block. It's the way it has been since the dawn of man. It's genetic. Until we learn to control it, we'll fight about everything.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#104 May 16, 2014
So, you just wanna Infringe on Rights?
Interesting

Denver, CO

#105 May 16, 2014
"Infringing" on someone's "rights", is very subjective. What you see as your rights being infringed upon might not be seen that way too me. The same is true in reverse.

Location hidden

#106 May 16, 2014
Yeah it's subjective, but why take away everyone's rights because of Irresponsible people? The Gun Trade then would be worse than the drug trade now, maybe even more bloodier. you would simply be putting all Guns in the hands of Criminals and leave home/land owners with no way to defend themselves, unless they are Armed with Illegal Guns, which leads to charges for a Crime, that should have never been one..
washburn

Henderson, KY

#107 May 16, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
"Huh, tallest damn groundhog I ever saw!"
lmao!!!
Interesting

Ankeny, IA

#108 May 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Yeah it's subjective, but why take away everyone's rights because of Irresponsible people? The Gun Trade then would be worse than the drug trade now, maybe even more bloodier. you would simply be putting all Guns in the hands of Criminals and leave home/land owners with no way to defend themselves, unless they are Armed with Illegal Guns, which leads to charges for a Crime, that should have never been one..
Your post implies that a "ban" on firearms is underway. Too me, that is simple hysteria brought on by ignorance.(Ignorance is not a bad thing from my perspective. We're all ignorant of many things) No such overall "ban" is being considered. Nor should it be. But, gun "control" however is needed. Example: the thread that we are posting on. This man should never have been permitted to own a firearm. At no time do you ever fire on something that you are not absolutely certain of what it is. He may be truly sorry as he claims, but that doesn't make up for what he did.
I'll have to research this to find a link, if one still or ever existed, but the man who shot his son by accident back in the early nineties thinking he was an intruder. The boy had gotten thirsty and wanting to be a big boy and not bother his parents, went into the kitchen and drew his own glass of water. When he got a glass from the cupboard, the glasses made noise when they touched each other. Upon hearing the noise, the father pulled out his pistol and went out into the hallway. When the boy ce around the corner, the father started blindly firing at the movement. The boy was hit in the chest twice and once in the head. He should have never been allowed to posess firearms.
I don't believe in a total ban on firearms, as I have stated. Hell, I own four myself. But there has to be some kind of control as to who is allowed to posess them. And there needs to be regulations on the types that the general public can buy. At no time does a civilian need an assault rifle with a 30+ round clip. If you can't protect yourself with a revolver and six rounds, you don't know how to handle a weapon and shouldn't be allowed to own one.
Those are some of my opinions and I stick by them. Anyone have a problem with that, feel free to vent it. Won't change my mind, but might make you feel better.

Location hidden

#109 May 16, 2014
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post implies that a "ban" on firearms is underway. Too me, that is simple hysteria brought on by ignorance.(Ignorance is not a bad thing from my perspective. We're all ignorant of many things) No such overall "ban" is being considered. Nor should it be. But, gun "control" however is needed. Example: the thread that we are posting on. This man should never have been permitted to own a firearm. At no time do you ever fire on something that you are not absolutely certain of what it is. He may be truly sorry as he claims, but that doesn't make up for what he did.
I'll have to research this to find a link, if one still or ever existed, but the man who shot his son by accident back in the early nineties thinking he was an intruder. The boy had gotten thirsty and wanting to be a big boy and not bother his parents, went into the kitchen and drew his own glass of water. When he got a glass from the cupboard, the glasses made noise when they touched each other. Upon hearing the noise, the father pulled out his pistol and went out into the hallway. When the boy ce around the corner, the father started blindly firing at the movement. The boy was hit in the chest twice and once in the head. He should have never been allowed to posess firearms.
I don't believe in a total ban on firearms, as I have stated. Hell, I own four myself. But there has to be some kind of control as to who is allowed to posess them. And there needs to be regulations on the types that the general public can buy. At no time does a civilian need an assault rifle with a 30+ round clip. If you can't protect yourself with a revolver and six rounds, you don't know how to handle a weapon and shouldn't be allowed to own one.
Those are some of my opinions and I stick by them. Anyone have a problem with that, feel free to vent it. Won't change my mind, but might make you feel better.
I see you have reading comprehension skills? I am Pro NRA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min HOG_ the Hand of God 117,439
Things you say while driving (Mar '14) 6 min Alias 568
last word - first (Jun '12) 10 min DILF 6,984
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Times are a Changing 147,681
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 11 min DILF 2,477
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 13 min DILF 24,267
Doctors Remove 9-Pound Hairball From Teen's Sto... 13 min Kid_Tomorrow 3
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 17 min ZkyClank 6,410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 41 min CrunchyBacon 21,353
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 2 hr Princess Hey 25
Jeff Goldbluma s bizarre new lightbulb ad 5 hr xxxooxxx 4

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE