#22 Nov 30, 2012
milwaukee69 is fishing aagainnn=?=

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#23 Nov 30, 2012
Japan is the only country where foreigners are treated humanely and warmly.
milwaukee69 wrote:
Taken from another forum.
Black-friendly countries.
Note: These are countries I have researched myself, I have talked to women from the majority of these countries, and I have talked to black men that have visited each country and they have had positive feedback.
Anglo-Saxon countries
Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand
Europe
Croatia, Scandinavia (all), Germany, Romania, Latvia, Estonia, France, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Armenia, Turkey
Latin America/Caribbean
Belize, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Barbados, Puerto Rico.
Asia
Philippines, Japan, China, Indonesia, Thailand, South Korea, North Korea, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24 Nov 30, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I moved back to Milwaukee 3 years ago, there was a report that came out that stated, "80% of all black male men under the age of 25 were unemployed in the city of Milwaukee." I have a few black friends - read a few - and they've always had a job. I'm not sure how they got those statistics or whether they are true or not.
I have a few black friends too and an uncle as well and they aren't any different from me. We always joke that my black uncle is more white than us because he talks like a white guy and wind surfs and has interests that I wouldn't normally associate with black folks. He treats my aunt far better than her white husband ever did. I actually think he deserves better than her.

I'd also say they are even more skittish around thuggish looking black men they don't know than I would be. One was telling me how he was about ready to pull his gun out on some guy who was getting to close to him and his girl at an atm and acting strange.

Me, I got lost in inner city Louisville this summer (they had the expressway all tore up due to construction and I had to get off and was driving through inner city neighborhoods, trying to get back on but all the ramps were closed), on my way back to my home town and I stopped at what I thought was a normal gas station at like 2 AM. As soon as I pulled I saw about 20 or 30 inner-city black men who looked like gang bangers, and some guy behind a bullet proof glass working the store. I got out and asked for directions, lol. I don't exactly look like an easy mark, tho.

The guy who gave them to me wanted a little coin, but I only had $700 in my pocket (we were going on vacation) and I thought, there is no f'ing way I am pulling out a wad of cash her. I told him I only had plastic. He told me the guy behind the glass would give me cash for plastic and I was like no f'ing way, dude, but I do appreciate your help.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#25 Nov 30, 2012
On the other hand, Africans especially Kenyans are very hospitable to tourists.
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see what you're getting at.
I think territorialism and racism are intricately interconnected and way deep in our genes.
If you look for nice people, you can find them.
If you look for a**holes, they're all over the place too!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#26 Nov 30, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I moved back to Milwaukee 3 years ago, there was a report that came out that stated, "80% of all black male men under the age of 25 were unemployed in the city of Milwaukee." I have a few black friends - read a few - and they've always had a job. I'm not sure how they got those statistics or whether they are true or not.
I also think it's not uncommon for a lot of younger males, regardless of race, to be searching for direction and to be unemployed. In a poor inner city area, with few jobs, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it is high.
Linda the lonely widow

Woodridge, IL

#27 Nov 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
On the other hand, Africans especially Kenyans are very hospitable to tourists.<quoted text>
DUMBASS

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28 Nov 30, 2012
My hometown only had a few black folks (we had a lot of hispanics tho). I think there were maybe 3 in school when I was in high school. One was a girl and two were boys. The one guy was flaming gay. I'm not sure what happened to him, but the other one ended up going to prison.

The only other black guy I knew growing up, was a few years older, was good friends with my bro and he used to bounce at parties for us and get us alcohol when we were underage. He was cool as shyte, but ended up going to jail for armed robbery before I graduated. My good friend used to write him while he was in prison.

So, I can say, from my youth, I knew three black guys and two of them ended up going to prison. This wasn't the inner city, either.

I don't know what the answer is, but it's a shame that so many guys end up pissing away their lives for the fast buck.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#29 Nov 30, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure if you're right or not.
I have never heard of African/Americans disliking
Africans. Doesn't make any sense really.
And with whites....I'd like to think that racism
has been stamped out but that would be naive.
But we can always hope.
Trust me. I know. My sister was in NY last year. She told me that AAs are very mean to Africans. She quickly made friends with whites during her short stay there. Many similar stories about AAs still float around.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Freetown, IN

#30 Nov 30, 2012
They don't want others around to remind them from whence they came.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#31 Nov 30, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a few black friends too and an uncle as well and they aren't any different from me. We always joke that my black uncle is more white than us because he talks like a white guy and wind surfs and has interests that I wouldn't normally associate with black folks. He treats my aunt far better than her white husband ever did. I actually think he deserves better than her.
I'd also say they are even more skittish around thuggish looking black men they don't know than I would be. One was telling me how he was about ready to pull his gun out on some guy who was getting to close to him and his girl at an atm and acting strange.
Me, I got lost in inner city Louisville this summer (they had the expressway all tore up due to construction and I had to get off and was driving through inner city neighborhoods, trying to get back on but all the ramps were closed), on my way back to my home town and I stopped at what I thought was a normal gas station at like 2 AM. As soon as I pulled I saw about 20 or 30 inner-city black men who looked like gang bangers, and some guy behind a bullet proof glass working the store. I got out and asked for directions, lol. I don't exactly look like an easy mark, tho.
The guy who gave them to me wanted a little coin, but I only had $700 in my pocket (we were going on vacation) and I thought, there is no f'ing way I am pulling out a wad of cash her. I told him I only had plastic. He told me the guy behind the glass would give me cash for plastic and I was like no f'ing way, dude, but I do appreciate your help.
Sounds like some of my business trips to Auburn Hills, Michigan.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#32 Nov 30, 2012
Very well written and expressed Sublime. Trust me. The division between AAs and Africans is similar to the Japanese Chinese division.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't now if AA are any worse towards Africans. It really depends.
My BIL is African and I do know he doesn't hang out with AAs. A lot of his friends are African.
My personal opinion is that some AAs may not like Africans only because they make them look bad. Far more often than not, they come from FAR worse circumstances in Africa and when they get here they do fairly well.
My BIL makes over 6 figures, but he worked his way up, went to school, and drove taxis to get his education. Some AAs in contrast want the government to do everything to make their life better for them, instead of them realizing they are in control and doing it themselves.
These are generalizations, of course.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#33 Nov 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Japan is the only country where foreigners are treated humanely and warmly.<quoted text>
Sure, as long as you've got cash.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#34 Nov 30, 2012
Linda the lonely widow wrote:
<quoted text>DUMBASS
lol. I just love Americans and the insults :)

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#35 Nov 30, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
They don't want others around to remind them from whence they came.
very unfortunate. They say we sold them away to the slave owners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Earth is making a very weird noise, and sci... 1 min Old Sam 7
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min Old Sam 150,827
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 26 min honeymylove 6,714
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,752
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr -TheExam- 38,885
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Geno 32,079
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 225,985
More from around the web