How Long Have You Won in "Last Post W...

How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread?

Created by NotaGoth on Jan 18, 2009

482 votes

Click on an option to vote

About 10 seconds.

Never.

A minute.

A few hours, once.

Every time I post.

Everytime Dream Team posts

A second.

Don't care.

“Clinton or Trump?”

Since: Jun 08

...i hope they both lose....

#5784 Jun 22, 2013
...i remember those......

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5785 Jun 23, 2013
Concerned_American wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi NotaGoth. A good song would be "Ole Happy Day" (not sure of the title). Here is a young group of singers from southwest Sweden just around the north of Malmo (two dots over the "o") called "The Young Swedish Singers". They were in Lindsborgs Kansas for the mid Summer Festival in 2011, sang outdoors and they were wonderful.
This film popped up on Youtube a few days later so it would have most likely been filmed in Colby Kansas when they travelled west to Colorado for a festival close to Denver a few days later. The indoor quality does not reflex just how good they were outdoors.
Got to talk with about 8 of the gals and 1 of the guys, about 20% of the talk was in Swedish and 80% English, so I got some much needed practice in. NotaGoth, do you get to practice that Holland language much, Dutch I think it's called?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =i-JfTh3O2UoXX
I don't really speak Dutch very often, as my skills are mediocre at best....hard to find a good speaker in this corner of T.O....actually I can understand a bit of Swedish myself. I remember once a few years ago you asked me how I was (in Swedish) and I completely understood what you meant! I'm afraid that I'm not good at speaking in Swedish, though bummer...

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5786 Jun 23, 2013
My Sunday is nice Sam, ola and Mike. :)

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5787 Jun 23, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
My Sunday is nice Sam, ola and Mike.:)
mine too sweetie...got the office cleaned very early...then baked cookies after lunch...

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5788 Jun 23, 2013
8 hurs

“Clinton or Trump?”

#5789 Jun 23, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
My Sunday is nice Sam, ola and Mike.:)
....mine, too Emmie.....watched some ball games.....

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#5790 Jun 23, 2013
NotaGoth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really speak Dutch very often, as my skills are mediocre at best....hard to find a good speaker in this corner of T.O....actually I can understand a bit of Swedish myself. I remember once a few years ago you asked me how I was (in Swedish) and I completely understood what you meant! I'm afraid that I'm not good at speaking in Swedish, though bummer...
I wrote a letter to a gal in Lindsborg "Little Swedish Town" Kansas. I write about one letter to her per year asking if she wants to talk Swedish with me (about the best speaker of Swedish or maybe even the best in Kansas under 25 years old, and her mom and dad are way too busy to speak with me). No letter 2012 (gave up), but found out a need to re-write her (I don't want to put the long story on the internet for all to see). Wrote her a letter a few days ago, a reply (if any) should be Monday.

I mentioned my lack of success finding Swedish speakers in Kansas, and it sure came crashing down on me as I looked back into the past as I wrote.

1. Late 1990's, found one high school exchange girl in town just 30 miles away in a News story about how she would be talking about her school year that evening (I dodn't know she was there all school year). I went down there, heard her talk about the school year., after talk I met her to try to set up some times to talk in the next few days but she was leaveing the U.S.A. so nothing could get set up.

2 A few years ago, found Junior College gal in honor roll list from Sweden in first sesmester of first year. Wrote her for each of next 3 semesters but no answers.

3 This year, found story about gal coming to Kansas (all others thru the years not mentioned above were always after the fact and they were gone). Wrote her but no answer and/or did not get her letter.

So just like it is hard for you to find someone to talk Danish with, it's hard here in Southwest Kansas trying to find someone to talk Swedish with. I did go to Lindsborg for their Swedish Mid Summer Festival. I'm not part of any show, but on my own I like to walk around, have breakfast, etc. and pretend to be a Swede and just talk Swedish (Very simple, small words) I got there at 8 A.M. and just talked Swedish words until 11:30. Nothing major, mainly "God Morgon" (good morning) and all seemed to understang, or buying cookies (talking Swedish but pointing to the tray of cookies I want and saying the number but holding up fingers for the number of cookies I wanted. The Resturant was quite an experence as the waitress did not know Swedish and I never said a word in English (Kind of like a real Swede that might not know English), but we got thru it surprisingly good.

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#5791 Jun 23, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
....mine, too Emmie.....watched some ball games.....
Hi Sam, could you please teach me someday how to say just what I need to say like you do with only using 7 words or less.

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#5792 Jun 23, 2013
Concerned_American wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sam, could you please teach me someday how to say just what I need to say like you do with only using 7 words or less.
... can't be done CA he has it down to an art form ... look it took me 11 to say that ...

“Clinton or Trump?”

#5793 Jun 23, 2013
....sure.....

Buffalo, NY

#5794 Jun 23, 2013
... great news from the mine stop ... a vain rich in color and ore has been found stop ... am workin on a way to lower the donkey down mine shaft stop ... either grease the donkey or grease the shaft stop ...

... meanwhile im gonna head on over and see what them new preuivan miners are talkin bout ... figure they bees all talk out by now ... then inta "painless Lil's for a beer and free tattoo nite ...

“Clinton or Trump?”

#5795 Jun 23, 2013
.....be careful......donkeys are expensive.....

Buffalo, NY

#5796 Jun 23, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
....sure.....
... man said a thousand pictures with one word ... i wonder ifin thats just a male gene ... cause it woulda sur half saved a few of my marriages if them ex's could master the language of "ole samisms" ... yep sur wood have indeed ...

Buffalo, NY

#5797 Jun 23, 2013
... it ain't the expense its talkin one of the new guys of crawlin down the mine shaft with a bucket o grease and our donkey ... i guess we shouldn't mention that donkey is from Tia juana ...

“Clinton or Trump?”

#5798 Jun 23, 2013
....i'll drag yer ass down a hole-in-the-ground....tomorrow .....when i git back from the river.........later.......

Buffalo, NY

#5799 Jun 23, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
....i'll drag yer ass down a hole-in-the-ground....tomorrow .....when i git back from the river.........later.......
... always manyana ... bwano nachos ...

Level 10

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5800 Jun 24, 2013
Have a nice day, Mike, ola and Sam.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5801 Jun 24, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
U 2 Sugar...that ole bamboo didn't whip me this morn so all downhill now... iw ...

“Clinton or Trump?”

#5802 Jun 24, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
...thankee, Emmie......thankee.......

“Clinton or Trump?”

#5803 Jun 24, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... always manyana ... bwano nachos ...
....maƱana....not as many as there used to be...but still....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word (Jan '09) 1 min andet1987 16,639
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 3 min Ferrerman 27,479
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 4 min andet1987 13,306
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 6 min andet1987 4,742
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min ceemee2 11,751
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 8 min Go Blue Forever 7,849
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min F_R_E_D 58,096
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 18 min andet1987 197
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min grace-fallen 194,482
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr dress you up 8,531