Strange & Unusual - Anti-Mormon DVD G...

Strange & Unusual - Anti-Mormon DVD Given to 18,000 Homes

There are 679 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Mar 28, 2007, titled Strange & Unusual - Anti-Mormon DVD Given to 18,000 Homes. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

By Jim Walsh The Arizona Republic MESA, AZ -- A ministry opposed to Mormonism distributed 18,000 copies of a DVD to homes across the state on Sunday as part of a nationwide effort to persuade members to leave ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Mary

Atlanta, GA

#616 Jun 2, 2013
There goes GD,telling everyone who does not adhere to his beliefs how stupid they are.
Fact

Medford, NY

#617 Jun 3, 2013
Mormon = Mormoney to the church.
Lariat Sam

Gilbert, AZ

#618 Jun 5, 2013
There is no god, you're all wasting your time.
Stagger Lee

Seattle, WA

#619 Jun 6, 2013
Is Mormonism a cult?
Paris Hilton

Medford, NY

#620 Jun 7, 2013
Stagger Lee wrote:
Is Mormonism a cult?
What did you just call me?
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#621 Jun 7, 2013
Mary wrote:
There goes GD,telling everyone who does not adhere to his beliefs how stupid they are.
They are not stupid because they do not agree with me. They are stupid because they expect me to answer their questions, but they then they will not answer my questions. If anybody gives me a good answer, I will not say they are stupid. And there goes Mary again attacking the person rather than answering the question. These are my questions to atheists: How can you have an infinite universe from a finite explosion? Why is it that atheists have failed to develop communities or governments that were successful, and yet they continue to attack communities and governments that are religious.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#622 Jun 7, 2013
Mary wrote:
There goes GD,telling everyone who does not adhere to his beliefs how stupid they are.
My question to Protestants and Evangelicals is how can you say only the bible, only faith and only grace and only being born again when there is no evidence of this being Christian until about 1500. Most people before then could not even read or access a bible so how could these "Christians" have been bible only if they did not have access to one.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#623 Jun 7, 2013
Great Dane - even if you are trying to defend your beliefs, I don't think you are gaining any points for your church.
Why not quit trying?
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#624 Jun 7, 2013
Mary wrote:
There goes GD,telling everyone who does not adhere to his beliefs how stupid they are.
For Catholics my questions are these: How is that you can say we have had a Pope since Christ when there were no witnesses when Linus became a Pope. Linus never even claimed to be a Pope. The Greeks and others basically ran the early church not the Romans. At Nicea Sylvester I never even showed up. Another question for Catholics: How is it that Mormons are more universal (we compete better in a foreign culture when the Catholics don't have a 2000 year head start) we are more holy (more miracles and more good works) Mormons even have to give Catholics money to do their charity. Ever hear of the Catholics giving money to the Mormons? NO!!! Also there is evidence and witnesses of Joseph Smith's apostleship. There is none for Linus. Answer a question for once in your life Mary.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#625 Jun 7, 2013
Fact wrote:
Mormon = Mormoney to the church.
I agree with you that the Mormon Church has too much money. I would rather they have it, however, than the government. I have received charity from both. There is no comparison. The government is pathetic. I do think the Mormons should spend more of their money on charity and less on buildings and salaries and businesses. So I kind of agree with you on this one. Thank you for at least having an intelligent criticism.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#626 Jun 7, 2013
For the millionth time, I never said Mormonism was perfect. I maintain it is better than Catholicism, Protestantism, Humanism, or Atheism.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#627 Jun 7, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
Great Dane - even if you are trying to defend your beliefs, I don't think you are gaining any points for your church.
Why not quit trying?
I am not trying to defend my beliefs. For the millionth time I do not believe everything Mormonism teaches. I just think it is better than anything else. I am attacking stupid people like you. It is stupidity I am against. If you have an argument please state it. Stop sounding like a 2 year old and give me an argument. Why do you think like you do? I want you to think. That is what I am trying to do.
Mary

United States

#628 Jun 8, 2013
GD,you are delusional.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#629 Jun 11, 2013
Give me a reason Mary.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#630 Jun 21, 2013
Is anybody going to Manti?
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#631 Jun 24, 2013
A recent survey said it was Mormons, Jews, and Atheists who knew the most about religion and the bible. Catholics and Evangelicals knew the least. I believe it.
Alma

Orem, UT

#633 Jun 29, 2013
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. God's priesthood authority is in this Church. Mormons are not perfect, but this religion and the power that comes to members keeping the commandments is real. The Holy Ghost will testify of these things to the follower of truth whether now or in time. The spirit of contention is not of God, but of the devil. I'm extremely grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have many friends of many religions. There are too few of us believers in God for us to bash each other. We can love and lift each other. I appreciate all of you who truly are striving to do the best you know how to serve God and your fellowmen, and I pray that I can learn to become better and better at doing the same.
Great Dane

Bountiful, UT

#634 Jun 29, 2013
Alma, that was a nice testimony, but a very poor argument. Contention is of the devil, but giving people reasons why they are wrong is not. It is a fine line sometimes. You will find in the scriptures that many of the prophets used arguments as well as the spirit to convert people. Still I admire you for defending truth.
steve

United States

#635 Jul 5, 2013
It,s OK that people use this site for propoganda purposes.One guardian of this site is quick to point out how ignorant one is who does not agree with him. So much for objectivity.

My take on mormonism is that at it's root is humanism,not spiritualism.
The Dane

Bountiful, UT

#636 Jul 8, 2013
steve wrote:
It,s OK that people use this site for propoganda purposes.One guardian of this site is quick to point out how ignorant one is who does not agree with him. So much for objectivity.
My take on mormonism is that at it's root is humanism,not spiritualism.
It has elements of both. Humans are elevated to potential deity, and a spirit world exists right here, although in another dimension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 2 min andet1987 2,406
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min Kels Itchen 42,067
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 4 min andet1987 8,908
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 7 min andet1987 6,023
kiss of the century 12 min andet1987 37
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 13 min Spotted Girl 14
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,936
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 22 min andet1987 111
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min butters_ 167,012
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 1,879
News Florida man fired up after being told to keep B... 6 hr Go Blue Forever 2
More from around the web