of 267
Next Last

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5470 Mar 9, 2014
Vee wrote:
Geoff Edwards just died, he hosted Jackpot and a few others. How are you Nixon? I am at the library. Going to see if I can get a new computer when I get my tax refund. But the new puppy is keeping be busy!
All is well here. Stay in touch and KHB would like to know how Vallene is doing.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5472 Jun 2, 2014
Ann B. Davis has died at age 88 after a fall at her home. She is best remembered as Alice the wise cracking house keeper on the Brady Bunch. She actually had a last name on the show. Anyone care to guess?
Ami in Miami

United States

#5473 Jun 2, 2014
Nelson

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5474 Jun 3, 2014
Ami in Miami wrote:
Nelson
CORRECT!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5475 Jun 27, 2014
Eli Wallach died. I am fijne, but my refurbished lap top is NOT. I get to watch it work every other minute and so I am back at the library. It hates TOPIX (cant blame it there, ha ha ha) and almost everything that I try and do.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5476 Jun 29, 2014
Vee wrote:
Eli Wallach died. I am fijne, but my refurbished lap top is NOT. I get to watch it work every other minute and so I am back at the library. It hates TOPIX (cant blame it there, ha ha ha) and almost everything that I try and do.
Hi, He ws one of my favorites. And I can relate to yout PC challenges, kinda like an old car I used to have work on it for an hour to drive it 20 minutes. Love ya!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5477 Jul 20, 2014
We lost Elaine Strich and James Garner. I went through Facebook to get on here, and so far so good.
Nixon

United States

#5478 Jul 21, 2014
Vee wrote:
We lost Elaine Strich and James Garner. I went through Facebook to get on here, and so far so good.
Yup, James Garner was one of the good guys even tho he wore a black hat. He was born in Norman Oklahoma in 1928 and real name James Baumgarner. He and his wife Lois were married for 56 years. RIP Mr. Garner

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5479 Monday Aug 11
This just in!!! Robin Williams has commited suicide at the age of 63 according to the coroner's findings. August 11th 2014. I will see if I can copy and paste information here.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5480 Monday Aug 11
Robin Williams dies in apparent suicide; actor, comic was 63
Email

Facebook
Twitter

1 of 23LOS ANGELES TIMES
Robin Williams | 1951-2014
ADVERTISEMENTRelated Content

Gallery: Notable deaths of 2014Ryan Parker ,
Steven Zeitchik

August 11, 2014, 10:04 p.m.Robin Williams, a comic and sitcom star in the 1970s who became an Oscar-winning dramatic actor, died Monday at 63 in Marin County. The Marin County Sheriff's Office said he appears to have committed suicide.

The news of the beloved actor’s death rocked the nation. Channels broke into their usual programming to make the announcement, and within minutes, Williams dominated online trending topics. Even President Obama noted his passing.

Williams, hailed as a comic genius, was a star of movies and television for more than three decades. He also suffered from substance abuse problems.

The actor "has been battling severe depression of late," his publicist Mara Buxbaum said. "This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

Williams was found unresponsive at his home in Tiburon around noon Monday, sheriff’s officials said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5481 Tuesday Aug 12
Latest NewsAug. 12, 2014
76°Get Local Find My Location or Please, enter your ZIP code again or tap “find my location”in {} change expires >> ADVERTISEMENT
Actress Lauren Bacall dies at 89 Lauren Bacall, the smoky-voiced movie legend who taught Humphrey Bogart how to whistle in "To Have and Have Not," has died at the age of 89, according to her family. CAUSE OF DEATH******SHE HAD A STROKE

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5482 Thursday Aug 14
Vee wrote:
Latest NewsAug. 12, 2014
76°Get Local Find My Location or Please, enter your ZIP code again or tap “find my location”in {} change expires >> ADVERTISEMENT
Actress Lauren Bacall dies at 89 Lauren Bacall, the smoky-voiced movie legend who taught Humphrey Bogart how to whistle in "To Have and Have Not," has died at the age of 89, according to her family. CAUSE OF DEATH******SHE HAD A STROKE
Another one of my favorites and Mother always said it happens in 3's Garner,Williams,and now Bacall. RIP.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5483 Tuesday Aug 19
Don Pardo, who literally introduced television viewers to some of America’s biggest stars and soon-to-be-stars as the longtime announcer for “Saturday Night Live,” died Monday in Tucson. He was 96.
Mr. Pardo’s death was confirmed by his daughter, Dona Pardo. Aug 19th 2014

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5484 Monday Aug 25
LONDON (AP)-- Richard Attenborough was a lord, an Oscar-winning director for the much-lauded "Gandhi" and an unflagging pillar to British cinema. But Attenborough, who died Sunday at 90, was best known as Dickie.

Baby-faced as a young actor and whitely bearded in his older age, Attenborough - warmly known as "Dickie Darling" - presided over six decades of British moviemaking as both an actor and filmmaker with a genial warmth that endeared him to his fans and fellow actors.

A product of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Attenborough made his screen debut in the patriotic 1942 World War II film "In Which We Serve." He served, too, in the Royal Air Force, and afterward became one of the best-known actors of post-War Britain.

In his 60-plus years of acting, he amassed some 70 credits, including "Brighton Rock," "The Great Escape," "Doctor Dolittle," "10 Rillington Place," "Jurassic Park" (as the failed theme park developer) and the 1994 remake of "Miracle on 34th Street." (Naturally, he played Kris Kringle.)

He transitioned into directing beginning with 1969's World War I musical comedy "Oh! What a Lovely War." He directed 12 films altogether, including "A Bridge Too Far," "A Chorus Line," "Cry Freedom," "Chaplin" and "Shadowlands."

Attenborough was a constant advocate for the British film industry as well as other humanitarian causes, including his extensive work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. He was awarded the Martin Luther King Jr. Peace Prize in 1983.

He was knighted in 1976, and 17 years later received a life peerage, becoming Baron Attenborough of Richmond upon Thames.

"Dickie Attenborough was passionate about everything in his life - family, friends, country and career," said Steven Spielberg, director of "Jurassic Park." "He made a gift to the world with his emotional epic `Gandhi' and he was the perfect ringmaster to bring the dinosaurs back to life as John Hammond in `Jurassic Park.' He was a dear friend and I am standing in an endless line of those who completely adored him."

The son of a university principal, Attenborough was born Aug. 29, 1923, into a family with strong liberal views and a tradition of volunteer work for humanitarian concerns. One of his younger brothers is naturalist David Attenborough, whose nature documentaries have reached audiences around the world.

A small, energetic man with a round face that remained boyish even in old age, he was perfectly cast at the start of his career as the young sailor or airman of British movies during and after World War II.

His youthful appearance nearly cost him the lead role in the original cast of "The Mousetrap," because its author, Agatha Christie, didn't think he looked like a police detective. But he starred with his wife, actress Sheila Sim, when the hit play opened in November 1952 and stayed for 700 performances.

I
In the meantime, he had appeared as a prisoner of war in 1963's "The Great Escape" - known for its classic ensemble cast, including Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Charles Bronson - and starred in "Guns at Batasi," for which he won another British Film Academy award. In 1967, he won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor in "The Sand Pebbles."

His return to directing in the 1977 war movie "A Bridge Too Far" was an expensive disaster, despite its cast of international stars. The following year, the heavy-handed 1978 thriller "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins, also fared poorly.

"A Chorus Line," Attenborough's 1985 film of the long-running stage musical, also took a critical beating. And, more recently, 1996's "In Love and War," failed to win much critical support.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 267
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min CrunchyBacon 18,600
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min inbred Genius 115,251
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min ms_Sweeter 145,288
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 25 min Adrian DeVine 1,275
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 38 min Romancer 25,342
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 40 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,996
Half-ton alligator caught in Alabama sets world... 41 min Parden Pard 2
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr Parden Pard 405
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Adrian DeVine 28,511
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••