the new offbeat celebrity game

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5431 Aug 9, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
<quoted text>Now theres really "No one left to fly the plane." Her famous line from Airport 1975 RIP Ms. Black
My sister said she was in a movie years ago where these little men were following her????(Dont ask) I dunno.

Vee

Location hidden

#5432 Aug 9, 2013

One of the last surviving 'Wizard of Oz' munchkins dies
Posted: Aug 07, 2013 8:32 PM EDT Updated: Aug 07, 2013 8:34 PM EDT

CNN)- One of the last surviving munchkins from the original production of The Wizard of Oz has died.

Margaret Pelligrini played the flowerpot munchkin and one of the sleepy head kids in the classic 1939 movie.

People placed flowers on the munchkin's star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame Wednesday.

Pelligrini's death leaves just two surviving munchkins, including Lollipop Kid Jerry Maren, who is 93-years old and 95-year old Ruth Duccini.

Pelligrini was 89-years-old.

Copyright 2013 CNN. All rights reserved.

Vee

Location hidden

#5433 Aug 10, 2013
LOS ANGELES Eydie Gorme, a popular nightclub and television singer as a solo act and as a team with her husband, Steve Lawrence, has died. She was 84.

Gorme, who also had a huge solo hit in 1963 with "Blame it on the Bossa Nova," died Saturday at Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas following a brief, undisclosed illness, said her publicist, Howard Bragman.

August 10th 2013

Vee

Location hidden

#5434 Sep 1, 2013
David Frost dies Sept 1st 2013

LONDON - Veteran British journalist and broadcaster David Frost, who won fame around the world for his TV interviews with former President Richard Nixon, has died, his family told the BBC. He was 74.

Frost died of a suspected heart attack on Saturday night aboard the Queen Elizabeth cruise ship, where he was due to give a speech, the family said. The cruise company Cunard said its vessel left the English port of Southampton on Saturday for a 10-day cruise in the Mediterranean.

Known both for an amiable personality and incisive interviews with leading public figures, Frost's career in television news and entertainment spanned almost half a century. He was the only person to have interviewed all six British prime ministers serving between 1964 and 2007 and the seven U.S. presidents in office between 1969 and 2008. Outside world affairs, his roster ranged from Orson Welles to Muhammad Ali to Clint Eastwood.

Prime Minister David Cameron was quick to send his condolences, praising Frost for being an "extraordinary man with charm, wit, talent, intelligence and warmth in equal measure."
He was also in love with Dianne Carrol for ever!!!!!

Vee

Location hidden

#5435 Oct 16, 2013
LOS ANGELES (AP)- Veteran character actor Ed Lauter, whose long, angular face and stern bearing made him an instantly recognizable figure in scores of movies and TV shows during a career that stretched across five decades, has died at age 74.

Lauter's publicist, Edward Lozzi, says the actor died Wednesday of mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer most commonly caused by asbestos exposure.

Lauter's presence as an irascible authority figure, a brutal thug or a conniving con man made him all but impossible to miss in any film he was in.

He was the brutal prison guard who was Burt Reynolds' nemesis in the 1974 comedy-drama "The Longest Yard" and the sleazy gas station attendant in Alfred Hitchcock's last film, "The Family Plot."

His TV appearances included "The Office," ''ER," ''Murder, She Wrote" and "The Rockford Files."

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5436 Oct 21, 2013
Vee wrote:
LOS ANGELES (AP)- Veteran character actor Ed Lauter, whose long, angular face and stern bearing made him an instantly recognizable figure in scores of movies and TV shows during a career that stretched across five decades, has died at age 74.
Lauter's publicist, Edward Lozzi, says the actor died Wednesday of mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer most commonly caused by asbestos exposure.
Lauter's presence as an irascible authority figure, a brutal thug or a conniving con man made him all but impossible to miss in any film he was in.
He was the brutal prison guard who was Burt Reynolds' nemesis in the 1974 comedy-drama "The Longest Yard" and the sleazy gas station attendant in Alfred Hitchcock's last film, "The Family Plot."
His TV appearances included "The Office," ''ER," ''Murder, She Wrote" and "The Rockford Files."
Also in one of the many Death Wish movies Walker Texas Ranger and actually played a good guy that got whacked in the "Return of Ironside" movie

Vee

Location hidden

#5437 Oct 26, 2013
1:15 p.m. CDT, October 26, 2013

Marcia Wallace, the star of "The Bob Newhart Show" and "&#156;The Simpsons," died Friday at the age of 70 from complications related to breast cancer, according to several media reports.
Wallace'&#128;&#153;s blazing red hair and bubbly delivery were tailor-made for the role of the straight-laced Newhart'&#128;&#153;s daffy receptionist on the hit CBS show. The part was reportedly written specifically for her at the insistence of CBS founder Bill Paley.

She would remain with "The Bob Newhart Show" for its six-season run before segueing into guest appearances on shows like "ALF" and "Murphy Brown," and becoming a regular presence on game shows such as "The 25,000 Pyramid" and "Hollywood Squares."

She would also build a second career as a voice-over actress, giving life to Edna Krabappel, Bart Simpson's cynical fourth grade teacher on "The Simpsons. " The role earned her an Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance in 1992.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5438 Oct 28, 2013
Vee wrote:
1:15 p.m. CDT, October 26, 2013
Marcia Wallace, the star of "The Bob Newhart Show" and "&#156;The Simpsons," died Friday at the age of 70 from complications related to breast cancer, according to several media reports.
Wallace'&#128;&#153;s blazing red hair and bubbly delivery were tailor-made for the role of the straight-laced Newhart'&#128;&#153;s daffy receptionist on the hit CBS show. The part was reportedly written specifically for her at the insistence of CBS founder Bill Paley.
She would remain with "The Bob Newhart Show" for its six-season run before segueing into guest appearances on shows like "ALF" and "Murphy Brown," and becoming a regular presence on game shows such as "The 25,000 Pyramid" and "Hollywood Squares."
She would also build a second career as a voice-over actress, giving life to Edna Krabappel, Bart Simpson's cynical fourth grade teacher on "The Simpsons. " The role earned her an Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance in 1992.
Thanks for the update hope all is well with you my dear.

Vee

Location hidden

#5439 Dec 15, 2013
Posted: 12/15/2013 1:32 pm EST |

Actor Peter O'Toole, who found stardom in 1962 playing T. E. Lawrence in "Lawrence of Arabia," has died, BBC News reports. He was 81.

O'Toole, who overcame a severe stomach sickness in the 1970s, died on Saturday (Dec. 14) at the Wellington hospital in London following a long illness, his agent Steve Kenis confirmed to The Guardian.

The Irish-born leading man of the stage and screen announced last year that he was leaving acting behind, saying, "I bid the profession a dry-eyed and profoundly grateful farewell."

O'Toole was nominated for eight Academy Awards for his roles in "Lawrence of Arabia," "Becket" (1964), "The Lion In Winter" (1968), "Goodbye, Mr. Chips" (1969), "The Ruling Class" (1972), "The Stunt Man" (1980), "My Favorite Year" (1982) and "Venus" (2006). He allegedly holds the record for the most Academy Award acting nominations without a win. O'Toole won four Golden Globes, a BAFTA and an Emmy, and was the recipient of an Honorary Academy Award in 2003.

"[He was] one of a kind in the very best sense and a giant in his field," Kenis told BBC News.

Vee

Location hidden

#5440 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Price, one of country music's most popular and influential singers and bandleaders who had more than 100 hits and was one of the last living connections to Hank Williams, died Monday. He was 87. DEC 16th 2013.********* I have a lot of his records, I think he was the best country artist.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#5441 Dec 17, 2013
It wasn't that long ago your "Love" passed away. I think my neighbors moved away, Billy Ray and daughter Miley Virus. How is Vee without Dennis?

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#5442 Dec 17, 2013
My hero, John Hartford, passed away a few years ago from pancreatic cancer. John wrote and played "Gentle on my mind". My neighbor's lost Doug Dillard and his wife Vicki the last two years. Doug's family played the hillbilly band, The Darlings, on the Andy Griffith Show.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5443 Dec 20, 2013
Vee wrote:
Ray Price, one of country music's most popular and influential singers and bandleaders who had more than 100 hits and was one of the last living connections to Hank Williams, died Monday. He was 87. DEC 16th 2013.********* I have a lot of his records, I think he was the best country artist.
Yes indeed very sad but he was around for a long time. Hope all is well with you my dear. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5444 Dec 20, 2013
Tom "Billy Jack" Laughlin passed away last Sunday I believe at age 82. Don't think I would've messed with him even at that age. RIP

Vee

Location hidden

#5445 Dec 20, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
Tom "Billy Jack" Laughlin passed away last Sunday I believe at age 82. Don't think I would've messed with him even at that age. RIP
I never saw the Billy Jack movies so I did not list him as a celebrity. I do however, LOVE the song One Tin Soldier by Coven. Also lost Joan Fontaine and was not familiar with her.(Hope you have a joyous Christmas holiday)

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5446 Dec 24, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text> I never saw the Billy Jack movies so I did not list him as a celebrity. I do however, LOVE the song One Tin Soldier by Coven. Also lost Joan Fontaine and was not familiar with her.(Hope you have a joyous Christmas holiday)
She and Olivia de Haviland were sisters.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5447 Dec 24, 2013
Take a look at TCM Remembers which is where they pay tribute to celebrities and such that were lost during the past year. A bunch of them this time. One that I wasn't aware of was Harry Carey Jr. he actually passed away 12/27/12. He was one of my favorites. He played Marshal Fred White in Tombstone most recently, but he was around for a loong time.

Vee

Location hidden

#5448 Jan 1, 2014
(CNN)-- Actor James Avery, who played the beloved Uncle Phil on the hit 1990s sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," has died, his publicist said Wednesday. He was 68.
The cause of death was complications from open-heart surgery, said his manager, Toni Benson. Avery had surgery on November 11 and died Tuesday evening at a hospital in Glendale, California, according to Benson.
"Fresh Prince" co-star Joseph Marcell, who played the family butler Geoffrey, told CNN that Avery was "a marvelous man and a truly wonderful actor."
Avery played Philip Banks, the stern but loving uncle to Will Smith's character on the show.
"He strove to present an Uncle Phil that everybody wishes was their uncle," Marcell said.

Vee

Location hidden

#5449 Jan 4, 2014
LOS ANGELES, Jan 3 (Reuters)- Phil Everly, whose high, close-harmony singing with his older brother, Don, made the Everly Brothers one of the biggest rock and country acts of the 1950s and early 1960s, died on Friday at the age of 74, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Everly died in the Los Angeles suburb of Burbank of complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, his wife Patti told the Times for a story on the paper's website.********* I loved them early on, have a lot of their music. They were just two clean cut, down-to-earth talented guys.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5450 Jan 6, 2014
Vee wrote:
LOS ANGELES, Jan 3 (Reuters)- Phil Everly, whose high, close-harmony singing with his older brother, Don, made the Everly Brothers one of the biggest rock and country acts of the 1950s and early 1960s, died on Friday at the age of 74, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Everly died in the Los Angeles suburb of Burbank of complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, his wife Patti told the Times for a story on the paper's website.********* I loved them early on, have a lot of their music. They were just two clean cut, down-to-earth talented guys.
RIP Phil now you and Don are reunited again and can make music in Heaven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 6 min Phaerae 17,367
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 18 min avon5735 12,233
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min 15th Dalai Lama 221,914
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 35 min Alvaro 2,658
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 39 min Sharlene45 4,620
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 47 min Fish_sticks 23,991
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 49 min Alvaro 5,342
Which Poster Are You Thinking About Right Now? 1 hr Finny Ferret Got ... 11
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 220,783
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 3 hr Mister_ E 2,129