Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5406 May 13, 2013
Joyce Brothers, the pop psychologist who pioneered the television advice show in the 1950s and enjoyed a long and prolific career as a syndicated columnist, author, and television and film personality, has died. She was 85.

Brothers died Monday of respiratory failure in New York City, according to her longtime Los Angeles-based publicist, Sanford Brokaw.

Brothers first gained fame on a game show and went on to publish 15 books and make cameo appearances on popular shows including "Happy Days" and "The Simpsons." She visited Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show" nearly 100 times.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5407 May 13, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
<quoted text>Right there with ya if you are ready to give up say when and I will tell ya TGIF!!
Tell meeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5408 Jun 1, 2013
Jean Stapleton, who played Archie Bunker's wife Edith in the TV series "All in the Family," died yesterday (May 31) in New York. She was 90.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Stapleton's family announced she had died of natural causes.

Stapleton won three Emmys for her work on "All in the Family," reports TMZ. She was nominated for two additional Emmy awards, adds The Hollywood Reporter, for portraying Eleanor Roosevelt in the 1982 CBS telefilm "Eleanor, First Lady of the World,"

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5409 Jun 1, 2013
Those Were the Days - All in the Family Theme Song - with Lyrics ...

www.youtube.com/watch...

51 sec - Sep 26, 2012 - Uploaded by April Showers

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5411 Jun 6, 2013
LOS ANGELES June 6, 2013 (AP)

Esther Williams, the swimming champion turned actress who starred in glittering and aquatic Technicolor musicals of the 1940s and 1950s, has died. She was 91.

Williams died early Thursday in her sleep, according to her longtime publicist Harlan Boll.

Following in the footsteps of Sonja Henie, who went from skating champion to movie star, Williams became one of Hollywood's biggest moneymakers, appearing in spectacular swimsuit numbers that capitalized on her wholesome beauty and perfect figure.

Such films as "Easy to Wed," ''Neptune's Daughter" and "Dangerous When Wet" followed the same formula: romance, music, a bit of comedy and a flimsy plot that provided excuses to get Esther into the water.

The extravaganzas dazzled a second generation via television and the compilation films "That's Entertainment." Williams' co-stars included the pick of the MGM contract list, including Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Red Skelton, Ricardo Montalban and Howard Keel.

When hard times signaled the end of big studios and costly musicals in the mid-'50s, Williams tried non-swimming roles with little success. After her 1962 marriage to Fernando Lamas, her co-star in "Dangerous When Wet," she retired from public life.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5412 Jun 6, 2013
Vee wrote:
LOS ANGELES June 6, 2013 (AP)
Esther Williams, the swimming champion turned actress who starred in glittering and aquatic Technicolor musicals of the 1940s and 1950s, has died. She was 91.
Williams died early Thursday in her sleep, according to her longtime publicist Harlan Boll.
Following in the footsteps of Sonja Henie, who went from skating champion to movie star, Williams became one of Hollywood's biggest moneymakers, appearing in spectacular swimsuit numbers that capitalized on her wholesome beauty and perfect figure.
Such films as "Easy to Wed," ''Neptune's Daughter" and "Dangerous When Wet" followed the same formula: romance, music, a bit of comedy and a flimsy plot that provided excuses to get Esther into the water.
The extravaganzas dazzled a second generation via television and the compilation films "That's Entertainment." Williams' co-stars included the pick of the MGM contract list, including Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Red Skelton, Ricardo Montalban and Howard Keel.
When hard times signaled the end of big studios and costly musicals in the mid-'50s, Williams tried non-swimming roles with little success. After her 1962 marriage to Fernando Lamas, her co-star in "Dangerous When Wet," she retired from public life.
Awwww, I always liked her too RIP Ms Williams

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5413 Jun 6, 2013
<quoted text>Awwww, I always liked her too RIP Ms Williams
Well, there you are!!! I loved her movies. She made swimming look so easy. So, you never did give the answer to the clue!!!!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5415 Jun 19, 2013
, James Gandolfini Dead Heart Attack, James Gandolfini Dies, James Gandolfini Heart Attack, James Gandolfini Stroke, Sopranos Star Dead, Celebrity News

James Gandolfini has died at age 51.

James Gandolfini has reportedly died while in Italy, according to Deadline.com .

According to the website, the "Sopranos" star was in the country for a film festival. Variety also initially reported that he suffered a fatal stroke, but both the trade site and Deadline.com updated the cause of death to a heart attack.

Gandolfini was 51 years old and is survived by a wife and two children. He became a household star for his portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano on "The Sopranos," a role which earned him three Emmys on six total nominations.“Absolutely stunned," Chris Albrecht, the former chairman and CEO of HBO who greenlit "The Sopranos" told Deadline. "I got the word from ['Sopranos' star] Lorraine Bracco and just got off with [producer] Brad Grey who had just heard from [show creator] David Chase. We had all become a family. This is a tremendous loss.”

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5416 Jun 21, 2013
Vee wrote:
, James Gandolfini Dead Heart Attack, James Gandolfini Dies, James Gandolfini Heart Attack, James Gandolfini Stroke, Sopranos Star Dead, Celebrity News
James Gandolfini has died at age 51.
James Gandolfini has reportedly died while in Italy, according to Deadline.com .
According to the website, the "Sopranos" star was in the country for a film festival. Variety also initially reported that he suffered a fatal stroke, but both the trade site and Deadline.com updated the cause of death to a heart attack.
Gandolfini was 51 years old and is survived by a wife and two children. He became a household star for his portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano on "The Sopranos," a role which earned him three Emmys on six total nominations.“Absolutely stunned," Chris Albrecht, the former chairman and CEO of HBO who greenlit "The Sopranos" told Deadline. "I got the word from ['Sopranos' star] Lorraine Bracco and just got off with [producer] Brad Grey who had just heard from [show creator] David Chase. We had all become a family. This is a tremendous loss.”
I watched "at" The Soprano's but his portrayal of Tony aka "Tone" as Michael Imperioli's character would call him I believe was spot on as a mob boss. RIP James you left us way to early

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5417 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text> I watched "at" The Soprano's but his portrayal of Tony aka "Tone" as Michael Imperioli's character would call him I believe was spot on as a mob boss. RIP James you left us way to early
He consumed 8 drinks before he died. He was an alcoholic. He went to AA meetings in New York but members said he never took it seriously. The very worst thing that could happen to his 13 year old son happened and it was his own father who did it. He also was into cocaine and that is why his wife left him. When he was rehersing for whatever role he was in, if he did not do it perfectly, he would beat his face with his hands.(Inside facts)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5418 Jul 10, 2013
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.(AP)— Joe Conley, an actor best known as the small town storekeeper on the TV series "The Waltons," has died at age 85.

The Los Angeles Times reports Tuesday that according to wife Louise Conley, Joe Conley died at a care facility in Southern California on Sunday. She says he had suffered from dementia.

A native of Buffalo, N.Y., Conley had bit parts on 1960s series like "Green Acres" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" before he landed the role on CBS's "The Waltons" in 1972 that would last nearly a decade.

Conley played Ike Godsey, postmaster and owner of the Jefferson County general store frequented by the Walton family in Depression-era Virginia. He would appear in 172 episodes over nine seasons and in TV movie reunions that lasted into the 1990s.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5419 Jul 16, 2013
Vee wrote:
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.(AP)— Joe Conley, an actor best known as the small town storekeeper on the TV series "The Waltons," has died at age 85.
The Los Angeles Times reports Tuesday that according to wife Louise Conley, Joe Conley died at a care facility in Southern California on Sunday. She says he had suffered from dementia.
A native of Buffalo, N.Y., Conley had bit parts on 1960s series like "Green Acres" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" before he landed the role on CBS's "The Waltons" in 1972 that would last nearly a decade.
Conley played Ike Godsey, postmaster and owner of the Jefferson County general store frequented by the Walton family in Depression-era Virginia. He would appear in 172 episodes over nine seasons and in TV movie reunions that lasted into the 1990s.
Another actor that you knew the face but maybe not the name RIP Mr. Conley

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5420 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>Another actor that you knew the face but maybe not the name RIP Mr. Conley
Liked Mr.Ike Godsey. His character had a good heart.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5421 Jul 22, 2013
Dennis Farina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Farina - Similarto Dennis Farina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Death[edit]. Mr. Farina died on July 22, 2013 in a hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona after suffering a blood clot in his lung.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5422 Jul 22, 2013
Vee wrote:
Dennis Farina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Farina - Similarto Dennis Farina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Death[edit]. Mr. Farina died on July 22, 2013 in a hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona after suffering a blood clot in his lung.
Didn't know til I saw your post, I know you liked him a lot and so did I RIP Mr. Farina you will be missed

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5423 Jul 30, 2013
Veteran actress Eileen Brennan, nominated for an Academy Award for "Private Benjamin," died Sunday at the age of 80. The stage, television, and film star passed away after battling bladder cancer.

Brennan started out in the theater, originating the role of Irene Molloy in Broadway's "Hello, Dolly!" From there, she graduated to feature films, becoming a prolific and recognizable supporting actress in movies like "The Last Picture Show"; "The Sting," opposite Paul Newman; and "Clue," as Mrs. Peacock. Director Peter Bogdanovich was a big fan of Brennan's, casting her in "Last Picture Show," "Daisy Miller," and "At Long Last Love."
JULY 30th 2013**********

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5424 Jul 31, 2013
Vee wrote:
Veteran actress Eileen Brennan, nominated for an Academy Award for "Private Benjamin," died Sunday at the age of 80. The stage, television, and film star passed away after battling bladder cancer.
Brennan started out in the theater, originating the role of Irene Molloy in Broadway's "Hello, Dolly!" From there, she graduated to feature films, becoming a prolific and recognizable supporting actress in movies like "The Last Picture Show"; "The Sting," opposite Paul Newman; and "Clue," as Mrs. Peacock. Director Peter Bogdanovich was a big fan of Brennan's, casting her in "Last Picture Show," "Daisy Miller," and "At Long Last Love."
JULY 30th 2013**********
Didn't realize she was 80 RIP MS Brennan

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5425 Aug 4, 2013
I just read that Michael Ansara another one of my favorite actors passed away at age 91. He was born in Syria and moved to the US at age 2 The article listed his many TV and film achievements but left one out. He had a recurring role on the various Batman animated series going back to 1992 as the voice of Dr. Victor Freis Aka Mr. Freeze. I believe there is some trivia clues and answers also posted elsewhere on this thread. RIP Mr. Ansara you will be greatly missed.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5426 Aug 4, 2013
I just read that Michael Ansara another one of my favorite actors passed away at age 91. He was born in Syria and moved to the US at age 2 The article listed his many TV and film achievements but left one out. He had a recurring role on the various Batman animated series going back to 1992 as the voice of Dr. Victor Freis Aka Mr. Freeze. I believe there is some trivia clues and answers also posted elsewhere on this thread. RIP Mr. Ansara you will be greatly missed.
I saw this immediately when it was revealed that he died, but I have no recognition of him. I did not watch him in anything, unless it was years and years ago. So I did not post it.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5427 Aug 5, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I saw this immediately when it was revealed that he died, but I have no recognition of him. I did not watch him in anything, unless it was years and years ago. So I did not post it.
Yes it was 50's and 60's stuff and if you heard his voice you would know it I bet. Luv ya

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Blitzking 159,689
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 8 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,905
motorcycle traveling stories 9 min Grateful4You 359
Word Association (Mar '10) 9 min Mega Monster 16,955
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 10 min _FLATLINE-------- 3,091
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 10 min Judy 123 56,514
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 16 min Judy 123 41,474
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 58 min Denny CranesPlace 18,127
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 8,288
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,143