Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5385 Apr 8, 2013
Gallery: Annette Funicello dies at 70

Posted: Monday, April 8, 2013, 1:01 PM

NEW YORK (AP)— Annette Funicello, who became a child star as a cute-as-a-button Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club" in the 1950s, then teamed up with Frankie Avalon on a string of '60s fun-in-the-sun movies with names like "Beach Party Bingo" and "Bikini Beach," died Monday. She was 70.

She died at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, Calif., of complications from multiple sclerosis, the Walt Disney Co. said.

Funicello stunned fans and friends in 1992 with the announcement about her ailment. Yet she was cheerful and upbeat, grappling with the disease with a courage that contrasted with her lightweight teen image of old.

"She will forever hold a place in our hearts as one of Walt Disney's brightest stars, delighting an entire generation of baby boomers with her jubilant personality and endless talent," said Bob Iger, Disney chairman and CEO.

The pretty, dark-haired Funicello was just 13 when she gained fame on Walt Disney's television kiddie "club," an amalgam of stories, songs and dance routines that ran from 1955 to 1959. She appeared in mouse ears, a pleated skirt and a sweater emblazoned with her name.

Cast after Disney saw her at a dance recital, she soon began receiving 8,000 fan letters a month, 10 times more than any of the 23 other young performers.

Her devotion to Walt Disney remained throughout her life.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/An...
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5386 Apr 12, 2013
Jonathan Winters Dies

April 12, 2013 1:28 PM

Jonathan Winters, known to one generation for his 1960s comedy albums, frequent Tonight Show with Johnny Carson appearances and comic movie characters, and to another generation as Robin Williams' baby on Mork & Mindy, has died. The news is coming from The Associated Press, TMZ, the NPR Arts Desk and other news outlets.

Winters was 87. TMZ says he died Thursday night "of natural causes in Montecito, Calif.... surrounded by friends and family.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5387 Apr 13, 2013
He was a funny guy.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5388 Apr 16, 2013

'Leave It to Beaver's' Lumpy Rutherford dies

Carol Memmott, USA TODAY5:50 p.m. EDT April 15, 2013

Frank Bank, who played the "lumpy" neighbor and friend of young Theodore Cleaver, was 71.

(Photo: CBS)

Story Highlights
Jerry Mathers recalls Frank Bank's sense of humor
Iconic show captured family life in the mid-20th century

He didn't have Wally Cleaver's good looks, Eddie Haskell's conniving personality nor Beaver Cleaver's penchant for getting into trouble, but Lumpy Rutherford will always be remembered as one of TV sitcoms' first stereotypical bullies.

Frank Bank, who played the plump, troublemaking Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on the popular series Leave It to Beaver, which aired from 1957 to 1963, died Saturday, a day after he turned 71. No cause of death was given.

Anyone who grew up in the late 1950s remembers Leave It to Beaver. It starred Jerry Mathers as Beaver Cleaver, Barbara Billingsley as his perpetually pearl-wearing mother, June, and Hugh Beaumont as his wise but often-clueless father, Ward. Ken Osmond starred as Wally's wise-guy friend Eddie Haskell.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5389 Apr 17, 2013
How does this game go - again?

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5390 Apr 21, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
He was a funny guy.
The Funniest in my humble opinion RIP Mr. Winters

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5391 Apr 21, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
<quoted text>The Funniest in my humble opinion RIP Mr. Winters
I liked when he dressed up as Maudie, and he was funniest playing that role when he was on the Johnny Carson show.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5392 Apr 21, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
How does this game go - again?
ha ha ha. It started out as guess the celebrity. Then so many people disbanded, I am using it to post information when a celebrity dies off. So either, or, celebrity clues so we can guess who you are writing about, or, cemetary updates.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5393 Apr 21, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text> ha ha ha. It started out as guess the celebrity. Then so many people disbanded, I am using it to post information when a celebrity dies off. So either, or, celebrity clues so we can guess who you are writing about, or, cemetary updates.
OK Deary, I was born in 1911 most always played older than I really was. Played 2 roles on "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" what were the roles and what WAS my name? Clue above "OK" Put your thinking caps on. Love you lots Ms Vee

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5394 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>OK Deary, I was born in 1911 most always played older than I really was. Played 2 roles on "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" what were the roles and what WAS my name? Clue above "OK" Put your thinking caps on. Love you lots Ms Vee
UHHHHHHHHHHHH, I dont know at this moment, if someone beats me to the answer, so be it. If it is the guy who played him, no, getting him mixed up with the guy on the Rockford Files. UGHHHHHHHHHHH. Thanks loads, Nixon. ha ha ha. What is pressing on my mind.... new movie coming out with Jerry Lewis next year and the guy is..... 88??????????

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5395 Apr 21, 2013
Though Jerry Lewis has not acted on the big screen since 1995’s Funny Bones—content to let occasional cartoon voiceovers, his (formerly) annual telethon, and predicting humanity’s encroaching dark night of the soul be the sum total of his public appearances—the 86-year-old comedian finally believes its time for another Jerry Lewis movie, and not just in the sense of handing all of them over to another actor to remake for a cut of the royalties. Deadline reports that Lewis will star in the indie feature Max Rose, playing a recently widowed jazz pianist who discovers that his entire 50-year marriage may have been a total sham. Wasting no time, the film began shooting the day after it was announced, with Lewis leading a cast that includes Kevin Pollak, Claire Bloom, and fellow comedy-legend-who’s-still-aliv e Mort Sahl playing some of the “menagerie of characters from a bygone era” Lewis meets on his journey of self-discovery—characters who are not, presumably, all played by Jerry Lewis in various wigs and silly hats instead, as this movie appears to be a rather serious and sad affair. Still, hopefully by the end of it all, Jerry Lewis confirms his dead wife was actually a nice lady.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5396 Apr 23, 2013

PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Subscribe for instant access to PEOPLE

APRIL 23rd 2013
Allan Arbus, best known for his dozen appearances as the sarcastic psychiatrist Maj. Sidney Freedman on the '70s series M*A*S*H, died Friday at his Los Angeles home, his daughter, photographer Amy Arbus, told The New York Times. He was 95.
HE WAS WONDERFUL IN MASH!!!!!!!!!!

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5397 Apr 23, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>UHHHHHHHHHHHH, I dont know at this moment, if someone beats me to the answer, so be it. If it is the guy who played him, no, getting him mixed up with the guy on the Rockford Files. UGHHHHHHHHHHH. Thanks loads, Nixon. ha ha ha. What is pressing on my mind.... new movie coming out with Jerry Lewis next year and the guy is..... 88??????????
I sometimes used my middle initial V.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5399 Apr 24, 2013
Vee wrote:
PEOPLE MAGAZINE
Subscribe for instant access to PEOPLE
APRIL 23rd 2013
Allan Arbus, best known for his dozen appearances as the sarcastic psychiatrist Maj. Sidney Freedman on the '70s series M*A*S*H, died Friday at his Los Angeles home, his daughter, photographer Amy Arbus, told The New York Times. He was 95.
HE WAS WONDERFUL IN MASH!!!!!!!!!!
Yes he was, didn't know he was that old tho RIP Mr. Arbus

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5400 May 1, 2013
Singer-actress Deanna Durbin, who was the highest-paid female star in Hollywood in 1947 but quit the biz the following year at the age of 26, has died, her fan club announced Tuesday. No date or cause of death was given. She was 91. What a singing sensation she was!!!!!!!!!! I know she died in April 2013,

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5401 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>I sometimes used my middle initial V.
I see there is no reponse as of yet. I still dont know.(Dont know if I am coming or going with all my work hours now. ha ha ha ha)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#5402 May 1, 2013
How do we play this game??

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5403 May 2, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
How do we play this game??
Pick an actor or actress, post specs about them and we have to guess who they are or were. You can also guess someone else's celebrity post, NIXON posted one recently, and the answer is still a mystery!!!!

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

#5404 May 10, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I see there is no reponse as of yet. I still dont know.(Dont know if I am coming or going with all my work hours now. ha ha ha ha)
Right there with ya if you are ready to give up say when and I will tell ya TGIF!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#5405 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>Right there with ya if you are ready to give up say when and I will tell ya TGIF!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will never give up, I have tenacity!!!!!(I still dont know)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 5 min Bree_Z 35,000
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 min beatlesinafog 138,423
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Chimney1 134,517
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min Denny CranesPlace 37,787
True or False Game 15 min Hoozie 1,309
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 16 min Hoozie 7,414
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 19 min itll runm off 30,387
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Camilla 152,877
Is it possible to....... 4 hr wichita-rick 613
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 hr -Lea- 26,018