Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Conrad Bain, the easygoing TV star who played the Park Avenue father on the 1978-85 sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, died in his hometown of Livermore, Calif., on Monday. He was 89.

His daughter, Jennifer Bain, confirmed his death to PEOPLE, and said her father died of natural causes.

"He'd been unconscious for a couple of days, but he was comfortable and it was very peaceful," she said of her dad, who also played the argumentative neighbor on the 1972-78 hit show Maude.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Pauline Friedman Phillips, who as Dear Abby dispensed snappy, sometimes saucy advice on love, marriage and meddling mothers-in-law to millions of newspaper readers around the world and opened the way for the likes of Dr. Ruth, Dr. Phil and Oprah, has died. She was 94.

Phillips died Wednesday in Minneapolis after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease, said Gene Willis, a publicist for the Universal Uclick syndicate.

“...this space for lease......”

Since: Jun 08

...post no bills.......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Dear Abby....Rest in Peace....

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ann Landers was her sister and also had an advice column.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Vee wrote:
Ann Landers was her sister and also had an advice column.
Not only that they were also twins

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
<quoted text>Not only that they were also twins
Yes and they both had speech impediments.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Birthday, NIXON!!!!!!!!!!

Donna Reed

Celebrities born on January 27 -

wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Composer

Jerome Kern

American, Composer

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Hundreds more were born on your special day!!! I hope you make it a great one!!!

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Birthday, NIXON!!!!!!!!!!
Donna Reed
Celebrities born on January 27 -
wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Composer
Jerome Kern
American, Composer
Thanks Love ya!! I think Brigette Fonda was too among others

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LOS ANGELES (AP)- Patty Andrews, the last surviving member of the singing Andrews Sisters trio whose hits such as the rollicking "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" and the poignant "I Can Dream, Can't I?" captured the home-front spirit of World War II, died Wednesday. She was 94.

Andrews died of natural causes at her home in the Los Angeles suburb of Northridge, said family spokesman Alan Eichler in a statement.

Patty was the Andrews in the middle, the lead singer and chief clown, whose raucous jitterbugging delighted American servicemen abroad and audiences at home.

She could also deliver sentimental ballads like "I'll Be with You in Apple Blossom Time" with a sincerity that caused hardened GIs far from home to weep.

From the late 1930s through the 1940s, the Andrews Sisters produced one hit record after another, beginning with "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" in 1937 and continuing with "Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar," ''Rum and Coca- Cola" and more. They recorded more than 400 songs and sold over 80 million records, several of them gold (over a million copies).

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...geez Vee...you only list white people...LOLOL...how are you girl?...nice to see you...have been very very busy...thanks to pais Mardi Gras has been cancelled this year...but we are still standing on the roof waiting for something to happen...LOLOL...poor dingy azz pais...dipsy as can be...
...wishing you good times and good days...Please say hello to the coloreds...
after all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
NOT!!!!! They have to be dead first, silly. Happeeeeeeee New Year!!!!!!!!!

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Vee wrote:
LOS ANGELES (AP)- Patty Andrews, the last surviving member of the singing Andrews Sisters trio whose hits such as the rollicking "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" and the poignant "I Can Dream, Can't I?" captured the home-front spirit of World War II, died Wednesday. She was 94.
Andrews died of natural causes at her home in the Los Angeles suburb of Northridge, said family spokesman Alan Eichler in a statement.
Patty was the Andrews in the middle, the lead singer and chief clown, whose raucous jitterbugging delighted American servicemen abroad and audiences at home.
She could also deliver sentimental ballads like "I'll Be with You in Apple Blossom Time" with a sincerity that caused hardened GIs far from home to weep.
From the late 1930s through the 1940s, the Andrews Sisters produced one hit record after another, beginning with "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" in 1937 and continuing with "Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar," ''Rum and Coca- Cola" and more. They recorded more than 400 songs and sold over 80 million records, several of them gold (over a million copies).
Heard that this morning on NPR and made me remember a line from one of the old "Matt Helm" movies with Dean Martin (Bond Spoofs) he is in jail in Monaco with 2 non english speaking gents and he says "Well her we are the Andrews Sisters Patty Maxine and Laverne." RIP Patty

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Pianist Van Cliburn, who won public adoration and a New York ticker-tape parade when he won the first International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow at age 23 in 1958, has died of bone cancer at his home in Fort Worth, at the age of 78.
Feb 27th 2012.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

OOOOOOOPS, sorry, 2013 !!!!!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

OKLAHOMA CITY Dale Robertson, an Oklahoma native who became a star of television and movie Westerns during the genre's heyday, died Tuesday. He was 89.

Robertson's niece, Nancy Robertson, said her uncle died at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, Calif., following a brief illness.

Dale Robertson had bit parts in films including "The Boy with the Green Hair" and the Joan Crawford vehicle "Flamingo Road" before landing more high-profile roles such as Jesse James in "Fighting Man of the Plains."

In the 1950s, he moved into television, starring in series such as "Tales of Wells Fargo" (1957-62), "Iron Horse" (1966) and "Death Valley Days" (1968-70).

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Bonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69. March 1st 2013

Franklin had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.

Franklin had a long career, but was best known for playing the mother to Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips on "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984.

She was married to playwright Ronald Sossi from 1967 to 1970 and to film producer Marvin Minoff from 1980 until his death in November 2009. She had no children.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Vee wrote:
OKLAHOMA CITY Dale Robertson, an Oklahoma native who became a star of television and movie Westerns during the genre's heyday, died Tuesday. He was 89.
Robertson's niece, Nancy Robertson, said her uncle died at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, Calif., following a brief illness.
Dale Robertson had bit parts in films including "The Boy with the Green Hair" and the Joan Crawford vehicle "Flamingo Road" before landing more high-profile roles such as Jesse James in "Fighting Man of the Plains."
In the 1950s, he moved into television, starring in series such as "Tales of Wells Fargo" (1957-62), "Iron Horse" (1966) and "Death Valley Days" (1968-70).
Had not heard of his passing. True story when I was a little boy growing up in OKC his Mother lived down the street from us and he would come to visit her during breaks in filming Iron Horse and he knew me and years later in the 80's when he retired from acting and moved back to OK I saw him and after all that time he remembered who I was. Nice man RIP Mr. Robertson

“...this space for lease......”

Since: Jun 08

...post no bills.......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

...did not know about bonnie franklin....dale robertson was always one of my favorites....he never got the recognition he should have.... he was every bit as good as randolph scott....

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Old Sam wrote:
...did not know about bonnie franklin....dale robertson was always one of my favorites....he never got the recognition he should have.... he was every bit as good as randolph scott....
Dale's passing was a big deal here in OK. RIP to Bonnie Franklin as well. She'll always be Ann Romano to me!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ROGER EBERT Passes away April 4th 2013**********The film critic fought salivary gland and thyroid cancer for a decade.

"The movies won't be the same without Roger," President Obama said in a statement
Ebert's 'Sneak Previews' sparring partner Gene Siskel died in 1999

The balcony is closed.

For years, the team of Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert would end their movie-review show, Sneak Previews, by closing the balcony. Now, with Ebert's death Thursday from cancer, the man who helped bring the joy of movies to the masses has left the theater.

APPRECIATION: Roger Ebert, forever at the movies

Ebert, 70, won a Pulitzer Prize for his criticism and became the most influential and recognizable critic in the USA, especially after the weekly movie review TV series that popularized the "thumbs up" phrase.

Ebert, longtime movie critic at the Chicago Sun-Times, continued the show after Siskel's death in 1999 with fellow Sun-Times columnist Richard Roeper.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

170 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -Lea- 15,756
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min JM_Brazil 113,141
Whatever happened to... (Mar '12) 3 min PRINCESS HAYSTACKS 48
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 min Mister_ E 28,362
Obama Is Abandoning Israel 6 min beatlesinthebog 9
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) 6 min Big dawg 371
All I ever wanted in Life... (Apr '12) 8 min Big dawg 51
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,066
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min Mister_ E 141,611