the new offbeat celebrity game

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5345 Dec 6, 2012
Vee wrote:
Nov 23 (Reuters)- Larry Hagman, who created one of American television's most supreme villains in the conniving, amoral oilman J.R. Ewing of "Dallas," died on Friday, the Dallas Morning News reported. He was 81.
Hagman died at a Dallas hospital of complications from his battle with throat cancer, the newspaper said, quoting a statement from his family. He had suffered from liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s after decades of drinking.
Hagman's mother was stage and movie star Mary Martin and he became a star himself in 1965 on "I Dream of Jeannie," a popular television sitcom in which he played Major Anthony Nelson, an astronaut who discovers a beautiful genie in a bottle.
"Dallas," which made its premiere on the CBS network in 1978, made Hagman a superstar. The show quickly became one of the network's top-rated programs, built an international following and inspired a spin-off, imitators and a revival in 2012.
*****I never watched Dallas. I was out of the loop.
I watched at it he was also the translator in "Fail Safe" from 1964 RIP Larry Born in Fort Worth and died in Dallas

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5346 Dec 24, 2012
More Sharing ServicesShareShare on facebook_likeEmail Comment Print
Text Size-/+By KARIN HALPERIN
Dec. 24, 2012
Jack Klugman, one of television's most-loved actors, died today at the age of 90. He died peacefully at his home in Northridge, Calif., with his wife, Peggy, by his side, according to an announcement by his attorney.

In a career that spanned more than 60 years, Klugman epitomized the "everyman," and was best known for two popular television series of the 1970s and early 1980s: "The Odd Couple" and "Quincy, M.E."

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5347 Dec 24, 2012
Know what is ODD????? This posted also on the Walmart thread and I never read it or tried to post anything on there. So, Jack Klugman, in death, has done something ODD, as if he is still acting in the ODD COUPLE??????? CREEEEEEEEEPY!!!!! On Christmas Eve, too!!!!!!

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5348 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 25:
Charles Durning the two-time Oscar nominee who was dubbed the king of the character actors for his skill in playing everything from a Nazi colonel to the pope, died Monday at his home in New York City. He was 89.

Durning's longtime agent and friend Judith Moss told The Associated Press that he died Monday of natural causes in his home in the borough of Manhattan.

Although he portrayed everyone from blustery public officials to comic foils to put-upon everymen, Durning may be best remembered by movie audiences for his Oscar-nominated, over-the-top role as a comically corrupt governor in 1982's "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

Many critics marveled that such a heavyset man could be so nimble in the film's show-stopping song-and-dance number, not realizing Durning had been a dance instructor early in his career. Indeed, he had met his first wife, Carol, when both worked at a dance studio.

The year after "Best Little Whorehouse," Durning received another Oscar nomination, for his portrayal of a bumbling Nazi officer in Mel Brooks' "To Be or Not to Be." He was also nominated for a Golden Globe as the harried police lieutenant in 1975's "Dog Day Afternoon."

He won a Golden Globe as best supporting TV actor in 1991 for his portrayal of John "Honey Fitz" Fitzgerald in the TV film "The Kennedys of Massachusetts" and a Tony in 1990 as Big Daddy in the Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."

A wonderful actor! Wonder who will be 3rd?

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5349 Dec 26, 2012
Vee wrote:
More Sharing ServicesShareShare on facebook_likeEmail Comment Print
Text Size-/+By KARIN HALPERIN
Dec. 24, 2012
Jack Klugman, one of television's most-loved actors, died today at the age of 90. He died peacefully at his home in Northridge, Calif., with his wife, Peggy, by his side, according to an announcement by his attorney.
In a career that spanned more than 60 years, Klugman epitomized the "everyman," and was best known for two popular television series of the 1970s and early 1980s: "The Odd Couple" and "Quincy, M.E."
RIP Mr. Klugman you were one of the best.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5350 Dec 26, 2012
Vee wrote:
Dec 25:
Charles Durning the two-time Oscar nominee who was dubbed the king of the character actors for his skill in playing everything from a Nazi colonel to the pope, died Monday at his home in New York City. He was 89.
Durning's longtime agent and friend Judith Moss told The Associated Press that he died Monday of natural causes in his home in the borough of Manhattan.
Although he portrayed everyone from blustery public officials to comic foils to put-upon everymen, Durning may be best remembered by movie audiences for his Oscar-nominated, over-the-top role as a comically corrupt governor in 1982's "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."
Many critics marveled that such a heavyset man could be so nimble in the film's show-stopping song-and-dance number, not realizing Durning had been a dance instructor early in his career. Indeed, he had met his first wife, Carol, when both worked at a dance studio.
The year after "Best Little Whorehouse," Durning received another Oscar nomination, for his portrayal of a bumbling Nazi officer in Mel Brooks' "To Be or Not to Be." He was also nominated for a Golden Globe as the harried police lieutenant in 1975's "Dog Day Afternoon."
He won a Golden Globe as best supporting TV actor in 1991 for his portrayal of John "Honey Fitz" Fitzgerald in the TV film "The Kennedys of Massachusetts" and a Tony in 1990 as Big Daddy in the Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
A wonderful actor! Wonder who will be 3rd?
Liked him too, didn't realize he was that old RIP Mr. Durning

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5351 Jan 2, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP)- Unforgettable songs like "Tennessee Waltz" and "(How Much Is That) Doggie in the Window" made Patti Page the best-selling female singer of the 1950s and a star who would spend much of the rest of her life traveling the world.

When unspecified health problems finally stopped her decades of touring, though, Page wrote a sad-but-resolute letter to her fans late last year about the change.

"Although I feel I still have the voice God gave me, physical impairments are preventing me from using that voice as I had for so many years," Page wrote. "It is only He who knows what the future holds."

Page died on New Year's Day in Encinitas, Calif., according to publicist Schatzi Hageman, ending one of pop music's most diverse careers. She was 85 and just five weeks away from being honored at the Grammy Awards with a Lifetime Achievement Award from The Recording Academy.

Page achieved several career milestones in American pop culture, but she'll be remembered for indelible hits that crossed the artificial categorizations of music and remained atop the charts for months to reach a truly national audience.

"Tennessee Waltz" scored the rare achievement of reaching No. 1 on the pop, country and R&B charts simultaneously and was officially adopted as one of two official songs by the state of Tennessee. Its reach was so powerful, six other artists reached the charts the following year with covers.

Two other hits, "I Went To Your Wedding" and "Doggie in the Window," which had a second life for decades as a children's song, each spent more than two months at No. 1. Other hits included "Mockin' Bird Hill," ''Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte," and "Allegheny Moon." She teamed with George Jones on "You Never Looked That Good When You Were Mine."

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5352 Jan 5, 2013
Vee wrote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP)- Unforgettable songs like "Tennessee Waltz" and "(How Much Is That) Doggie in the Window" made Patti Page the best-selling female singer of the 1950s and a star who would spend much of the rest of her life traveling the world.
When unspecified health problems finally stopped her decades of touring, though, Page wrote a sad-but-resolute letter to her fans late last year about the change.
"Although I feel I still have the voice God gave me, physical impairments are preventing me from using that voice as I had for so many years," Page wrote. "It is only He who knows what the future holds."
Page died on New Year's Day in Encinitas, Calif., according to publicist Schatzi Hageman, ending one of pop music's most diverse careers. She was 85 and just five weeks away from being honored at the Grammy Awards with a Lifetime Achievement Award from The Recording Academy.
Page achieved several career milestones in American pop culture, but she'll be remembered for indelible hits that crossed the artificial categorizations of music and remained atop the charts for months to reach a truly national audience.
"Tennessee Waltz" scored the rare achievement of reaching No. 1 on the pop, country and R&B charts simultaneously and was officially adopted as one of two official songs by the state of Tennessee. Its reach was so powerful, six other artists reached the charts the following year with covers.
Two other hits, "I Went To Your Wedding" and "Doggie in the Window," which had a second life for decades as a children's song, each spent more than two months at No. 1. Other hits included "Mockin' Bird Hill," ''Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte," and "Allegheny Moon." She teamed with George Jones on "You Never Looked That Good When You Were Mine."
RIP from a fellow "OKIE" you will be missed.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5353 Jan 5, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
<quoted text> RIP from a fellow "OKIE" you will be missed.
I hope you feel better.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5354 Jan 7, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you feel better.
Thanks my dear it has been awhile that I have been this sick

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5355 Jan 7, 2013
I sent you a get well card via e mail.(Keep in mind you are doing better then celebrities on THIS THREAD. ha!)

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5356 Jan 10, 2013
Ralph The Doorman, Ned Wertimer The Jeffersons, The Jeffersons Ralph The Doorman, Celebrity News
Ned Wertimer best known as Ralph The Doorman on "The Jeffersons," is dead at age 89.

Ned Wertimer, who appeared on 11 seasons of "The Jeffersons" as Ralph The Doorman, is dead at age 89. The actor's manager Brad Lemack confirmed to The Huffington Post Tuesday that Wertimer died on Jan. 2 following health complications at the Sherman Village Health Care Center in California.

Wertimer was a veteran television actor who appeared in more than 100 TV shows and movies since the 1950s. Besides his most memorable role as doorman Ralph Hart on the hit CBS sitcom, he took on parts in series like the "Mary Tyler Moore Show," "The Debbie Reynolds Show" and "McMillan & Wife." He last acted in 2007's blockbuster "Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End," with Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush, as a pirate extra.

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5357 Jan 11, 2013
Try this one, I am almost 90 years old will be in April 2013. I played Wyatt Earp in the TV show from 1955-1961 and was in various other shows and movies. Another interesting clue. I was the last person "killed" on screen by John Wayne in his last movie. Who am I and what was is the name of the movie I "died" in. BTW Vee I am back among the living finally, weak but better every day.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5358 Jan 11, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
Try this one, I am almost 90 years old will be in April 2013. I played Wyatt Earp in the TV show from 1955-1961 and was in various other shows and movies. Another interesting clue. I was the last person "killed" on screen by John Wayne in his last movie. Who am I and what was is the name of the movie I "died" in. BTW Vee I am back among the living finally, weak but better every day.
Happy to see you back with us!!!!! I can see his face, black hair, cant recall his name.UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5359 Jan 11, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>Happy to see you back with us!!!!! I can see his face, black hair, cant recall his name.UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Correct on the description, keep thinking it will come to you. initials are H O'

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5360 Jan 12, 2013
NIXON_I AM NOT A CROOK wrote:
<quoted text> Correct on the description, keep thinking it will come to you. initials are H O'
I figured it out after I posted. Hugh O'brien!!!!!! I love all those shows. Have Gun, will travel, Bat Masterson, Death Valley Days, Rawhide, Big Valley, Rifleman, Wagon Train, Bonanza.....

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5361 Jan 13, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I figured it out after I posted. Hugh O'brien!!!!!! I love all those shows. Have Gun, will travel, Bat Masterson, Death Valley Days, Rawhide, Big Valley, Rifleman, Wagon Train, Bonanza.....
100% CORRECT!!as usual. I didn't know til recently that bit of trivia about him, kinda interesting.
ME TV in our area just started running the Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, another one I used to watch with my Daddy long ago.

Gotta work awhile this morning then it's off to Church. Slowly getting back in the saddle. Love ya

“Wayne Enterprises”

Level 2

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5362 Jan 16, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I figured it out after I posted. Hugh O'brien!!!!!! I love all those shows. Have Gun, will travel, Bat Masterson, Death Valley Days, Rawhide, Big Valley, Rifleman, Wagon Train, Bonanza.....
Heard on the radio earlier that it was 40 yrs ago today that the last Bonanza episode aired ran from 1959 til 1973 2nd longest running western behind Gunsmoke that ran for 20 1955-1975

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5363 Jan 17, 2013
Conrad Bain, the easygoing TV star who played the Park Avenue father on the 1978-85 sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, died in his hometown of Livermore, Calif., on Monday. He was 89.

His daughter, Jennifer Bain, confirmed his death to PEOPLE, and said her father died of natural causes.

"He'd been unconscious for a couple of days, but he was comfortable and it was very peaceful," she said of her dad, who also played the argumentative neighbor on the 1972-78 hit show Maude.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5364 Jan 17, 2013
Pauline Friedman Phillips, who as Dear Abby dispensed snappy, sometimes saucy advice on love, marriage and meddling mothers-in-law to millions of newspaper readers around the world and opened the way for the likes of Dr. Ruth, Dr. Phil and Oprah, has died. She was 94.

Phillips died Wednesday in Minneapolis after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease, said Gene Willis, a publicist for the Universal Uclick syndicate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 2 min Whiny1 6,098
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '15) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 393
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 10,484
Change 1 letter game! (Oct '15) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 242
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Oct '15) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 645
Replace one letter in word>>> (Oct '15) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 561
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 37,673
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 31 min F_R_E_D 35,210
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Jackie 227,279
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 5 hr Faerydust 84,569
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 hr Faerydust 16,586
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr Jackie 6,985
More from around the web