Norway: Polar bear makes unexpected boat visit

Sep 3, 2011 Full story: KOMO News 8

A Norwegian boat crew recently had an unexpected wake-up call when a full-grown polar bear climbed aboard their anchored ship for a 30-minute-long sniff around the deck.

Read more

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 3, 2011
HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!

“The sheep need protection.”

Level 4

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 3, 2011
yep

Since: Aug 09

Tappahannock, VA

#3 Sep 3, 2011
They were able to Klondike bar him from getting in the cabin.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#4 Sep 3, 2011
Marissa 2 wrote:
HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!
Ditto that! I've pet a gator, fed a wild racoon and wild squirrel, my friend came hand to paw with one of Seigfreid & Roy's white tigers, but I've never seen a polar bear up close and personal (zoos don't exactly count, now do they?). You're right Marissa, that would be on beautiful sight.

Come to think of it, when I was a kid we came across a mother bear (can't remember if it was brown or black) with some cubs in the Smoky Mountains --- we had food in the trunk and they came right up to the trunk and car windows -- stopped traffic dead! Very cool, but not a polar bear.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 3, 2011
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto that! I've pet a gator, fed a wild racoon and wild squirrel, my friend came hand to paw with one of Seigfreid & Roy's white tigers, but I've never seen a polar bear up close and personal (zoos don't exactly count, now do they?). You're right Marissa, that would be on beautiful sight.
Come to think of it, when I was a kid we came across a mother bear (can't remember if it was brown or black) with some cubs in the Smoky Mountains --- we had food in the trunk and they came right up to the trunk and car windows -- stopped traffic dead! Very cool, but not a polar bear.
Now that was interesting...we used to have deer come right into our backyard...and they still come into the backyard, where my sister lives...she also has chipmunks...they are SO cute!!!

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Vancouver, Canada

#6 Sep 4, 2011
After the visit the bear realize the ship doesn't serve seal for dinner,so he left.
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#7 Sep 4, 2011
They gave him a smile and a Coke and he left satisfied.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#8 Sep 4, 2011
I would have twisted its head off then had a cup of coffee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"2" TWO word FUN game*** (Mar '13) 2 min CJ Rocker 1,378
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 3 min andet1987 310
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min CJ Rocker 159,678
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 5 min andet1987 554
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 8 min andet1987 3,930
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 12 min andet1987 31,153
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min andet1987 28,099
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 55 min Crazy Jae 993
News Will Alaska's weird winter be followed by equal... 2 hr Spotted Girl 39
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr Princess Hey 139,736