I call this the COMPLAINT thread

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#71 Aug 1, 2013
OKAY...JAYWALKERS.... Who JAYWALK in front of me???
sally

Reading, PA

#72 Aug 1, 2013
Wow! I can't believe this thread is still going. Thanks everyone for contributing all your complaints to my thread. There are alot of good ones.

Now my turn to contribute....

I hate when I watch TV on the wide screens, when the movie itself is small,(alot of black surrounding the picture) unless u stretch the picture to fit the screen, then its distorted. Either their heads are chopped off, or everybody gets stretched like silly puddy. Yes, this is very annoying to me, esp. when I have to pay alot of money for these big screen tv.s

I hope this problem getz worked out soon.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#73 Aug 1, 2013
sally wrote:
Wow! I can't believe this thread is still going. Thanks everyone for contributing all your complaints to my thread. There are alot of good ones.
Now my turn to contribute....
I hate when I watch TV on the wide screens, when the movie itself is small,(alot of black surrounding the picture) unless u stretch the picture to fit the screen, then its distorted. Either their heads are chopped off, or everybody gets stretched like silly puddy. Yes, this is very annoying to me, esp. when I have to pay alot of money for these big screen tv.s
I hope this problem getz worked out soon.
Try adjusting the pixel setting on your TV itself...(I usually do this just for a DVD). Also, as in most sat and cable boxes, they also have a display setting which may cause a distortion for a particular program.

Not sure if it well help you, but it's worth a shot Sally.
sally

Reading, PA

#74 Aug 1, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Try adjusting the pixel setting on your TV itself...(I usually do this just for a DVD). Also, as in most sat and cable boxes, they also have a display setting which may cause a distortion for a particular program.
Not sure if it well help you, but it's worth a shot Sally.
Ok.... I'll try it, thanks.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#75 Aug 1, 2013
sally wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.... I'll try it, thanks.
No problem Sally, sincerely just trying to help out.

I sort of miss the old days, when we all had the old larger full screens and they did just fine. Some of these "improvements" are kind of a pain, IMO.

We used to be able to take Windex & and a paper towel to clean our T.V's screen off. Do that now with the newer ones, and you will ruin your screen. And of course, you didn't need to mess around with display settings just to watch a VHS tape or watch TV. But you couldn't view internet, or download movies over the older ones either. And we wouldn't be paying for all the channels we have now days. Everything used to be free in that respect. But I guess that I couldn't watch all the games, that I like watching either.

But when most games of note were already on the TV or radio back then? I'll guess I'd be satisfied with the old days.

LOL, I bet if any the older generation that didn't even HAVE TV's were to read my post.... they'd probably give me a good tongue lashing. And rightfully so as they NO TV.. There are some aspects in our advancements VS from their timeline, that we've taken a step back ..when we consider the overall moral well being of our own species.

A prime example is Jerry Springer and his shows. To steal a line from Robin Williams: "It may not be the end of civilization as we know it, but you can certainly see it from there."

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Valentines Day Soon

#77 Aug 2, 2013
This crap piece of garbage computer..LOL...oh how I would love to bash it but not a replacement so I cant...:O)..life is good though smile through the crap...

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#78 Aug 2, 2013
I have complaints but I better not tell anyone.Things may get taking the wrong way,added to it or whatever..Just my luck..LOL

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#79 Aug 4, 2013
I CANNOT... stand these POP-UP Ads...Getting on my LAST goooood BRAIN CELL...

I Am Enzo - The Baker

“Vintage 1949”

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

lightly salted

#80 Aug 4, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
I CANNOT... stand these POP-UP Ads...Getting on my LAST goooood BRAIN CELL...
Hold onto that last brain cell Miss CC...it's the one that differentiates you from domesticated livestock..

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#81 Aug 4, 2013
What's to complain about? The threads are free, th posters are lively and I am still sitting up taking nourishment.

Life is good!

Level 9

Valentines Day Soon

#82 Aug 4, 2013
Hey Dr.Dirty...nice to see you out and about...have anice morning:O)

“Mess with me.”

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#83 Aug 4, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
What's to complain about? The threads are free, th posters are lively and I am still sitting up taking nourishment.
Life is good!
It is, isn't it? Still no complaints here. Hope you're doing well, Doc.

to make it happen!

#84 Aug 4, 2013
Good evening ladies and nice to see you! And now it's time to close my eyes...sleep well!

Level 9

Valentines Day Soon

#86 Aug 4, 2013
Good night Dr.Dirty...Hope to see you tomorrow...:O)..

to make it happen!

#88 Aug 5, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>sup Dirty
Yo, Slack, how the hell are ya?

to make it happen!

#89 Aug 5, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
Good night Dr.Dirty...Hope to see you tomorrow...:O)..
HI PH! I'm here but not for long. Heading over to my kid's house for dinner. You all have a super evening!

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#90 Aug 5, 2013
My kid has gas & keeps blaming it on the dogs... stood in front of the fan and thought he was just freaking hilarious. Man boys are nasty! Gross.

Level 9

Valentines Day Soon

#92 Aug 5, 2013
Well Dr.Dirty you have a grand ole time...TY ..I already have had one awesome day..:O)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#93 Aug 5, 2013
Princess.. WHAT...???

Dr_Dirty is BACK!!!!

Coolsville!!!

Level 9

Valentines Day Soon

#94 Aug 5, 2013
yes he is C.C.:O)..isnt that awesome????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 23 min Alain Vain 21,245
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 28 min Alain Vain 18,336
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 28 min Ohio Sam 34,795
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 33 min Alain Vain 84,513
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 3 hr quilterqueen 6,686
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr quilterqueen 6,948
A six word game (Dec '08) 4 hr quilterqueen 21,248
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 227,166
More from around the web