Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 23, 2013
I figure the other thread needed balance, "do men like strong opinionated women."
If They Did

United States

#2 Apr 23, 2013
Then Ferret and Geno would be chick magnets instead of...well...you know....
Level 4

Location hidden

#3 Apr 23, 2013
If They Did wrote:
Then Ferret and Geno would be chick magnets instead of...well...you know....
NO I don't know!! LOL
And I don't want to know!!

LMBO

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 23, 2013
Men are fabulous in general. I think each trait is subjective. How could a woman go wrong with an honest, loyal, humorous man? All the rest is just icing on the cake. Am I right ladies? Now who wants a bite?

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 23, 2013
Ok! Bring the Judge it's..........Yes! & No!

You need the right balance. The way I see it if you don't have a little of each the relationship can get stale.

The man is the head of the family BUT the woman is not any the less of a human and is also seen as an equal. Meaning what she says and contributes needs to taken into account.

If everything was the same all the time, it would get really boring!
Level 4

Location hidden

#6 Apr 23, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
You need the right balance. The way I see it if you don't have a little of each the relationship can get stale.
The man is the head of the family BUT the woman is not any the less of a human and is also seen as an equal. Meaning what she says and contributes needs to taken into account.
Um.. so what DO you mean? Gentle and soft spoken or not? Which is it? Bacon in your BLT or no? But that wouldn't be a BLT would it? I don't know.. you tell me..

Laura Beth

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 23, 2013
Personally I do like a smooth , gentle , calm voice .
Level 4

Location hidden

#8 Apr 23, 2013
I know a man that does almost everything his wife says. She runs the house and he cooks, excellent btw, he is the sweetest person. Introduced me to oldies and since I was in the kitchen helping for a b-day party I got to know him better. He's always in the kitchen unless she comes home and then he seems a bit lost.

Regardless, I heard the women saying once, "She's got his balls in her purse." Mind you, she's not HOT unless you count her temper.

But despite appearances and what others think I've seen her break down when he got sick. She honestly looked lost without him, just the thought... It was really sweet. Then he got better and she was back to herself, ordering him around. LOL

Some women like it obviously...

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 23, 2013
Whoa, yes!!!
Level 4

Location hidden

#12 Apr 23, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
Whoa, yes!!!
<squints>QQ! Are you yelling yes like :

image 1 from QE's head-
QQ waving 20 dollar bill like crazed woman to Tool guy

image 2 from QE's head-
QQ typing YES! at the gentle calm soft spoken man... choice

I'm afraid to ask...LOL have you been corrupted already?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#13 Apr 23, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
While each may normally take care of different things, the man and the woman should always be equals.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14 Apr 23, 2013
What I mean is a man can't ONLY be gentle spoken. He does need to be a man. At the right time it does help he be more appealing to a woman. NO I don't agree with the woman having the balls, wearing the pants, or making ALL choices. But a man does not need to be a hard nosed dick head all the time either. Balance!

Put simply a man needs to be a lover and a fighter.

Does that make sense??

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#15 Apr 23, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
What I mean is a man can't ONLY be gentle spoken. He does need to be a man. At the right time it does help he be more appealing to a woman. NO I don't agree with the woman having the balls, wearing the pants, or making ALL choices. But a man does not need to be a hard nosed dick head all the time either. Balance!
Does that make sense??
Absolutely.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 23, 2013
__Quintessence__ wrote:
I know a man that does almost everything his wife says. She runs the house and he cooks, excellent btw, he is the sweetest person. Introduced me to oldies and since I was in the kitchen helping for a b-day party I got to know him better. He's always in the kitchen unless she comes home and then he seems a bit lost.
Regardless, I heard the women saying once, "She's got his balls in her purse." Mind you, she's not HOT unless you count her temper.
But despite appearances and what others think I've seen her break down when he got sick. She honestly looked lost without him, just the thought... It was really sweet. Then he got better and she was back to herself, ordering him around. LOL
Some women like it obviously...
I think Sally hit the nail on the head when she said balance.

I donít have to do what my wife says, but depending on what it is I may hear about it Ö and hear about it Ö and hear about it.

So, I pick my battles. Sometimes the thing to do is to appease her, tho.

Seems to me thatís how any marriage should be. Sometimes you get your way Ö sometimes she does.

In the situation you mention, it was all one sided. Do some women like doormats for husbands, sure. I think a lot more want someone who is more assertive, but is considerate enough and respectful enough of the woman they love to treat her as an equal partner and take her thoughts and feelings into consideration and let things be her way sometimes ... even if he is not necessarily happy about it.

Level 7

Location hidden

#17 Apr 23, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Sally hit the nail on the head when she said balance.
I donít have to do what my wife says, but depending on what it is I may hear about it Ö and hear about it Ö and hear about it.
So, I pick my battles. Sometimes the thing to do is to appease her, tho.
Seems to me thatís how any marriage should be. Sometimes you get your way Ö sometimes she does.
In the situation you mention, it was all one sided. Do some women like doormats for husbands, sure. I think a lot more want someone who is more assertive, but is considerate enough and respectful enough of the woman they love to treat her as an equal partner and take her thoughts and feelings into consideration and let things be her way sometimes ... even if he is not necessarily happy about it.
Thank you! That is it!

:)

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Make no mistake, just because a man appears gentle and soft spoken, doesn't mean there isn't a Beast within that won't go toe to toe to defend his beliefs. Or even between the sheets....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#19 Apr 23, 2013
i like a cave man..

lol

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#20 Apr 23, 2013
PFfff wrote:
i like a cave man..

lol
But they have such poor dental hygiene! Lol....
Level 4

Location hidden

#21 Apr 24, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
Does that make sense??
Perfectly!
Someone once wrote this to me and I really liked it,
"Do not confuse my silence with ignorance,
my calmness with acceptance, and my kindness with weakness."
Little Grey Box

United States

#22 Apr 24, 2013
__Quintessence__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly!
Someone once wrote this to me and I really liked it,
"Do not confuse my silence with ignorance,
my calmness with acceptance, and my kindness with weakness."
Good morning, Kwazy! How R U today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Like..... (Mar '14) 9 min Neanderthal 1,814
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min Momma Beffy 230,111
True False Game (Jun '11) 22 min Neanderthal 16,630
Post unpopular opinion, only comment agree or ... 35 min George 13
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 50 min So_da_lish_us 4,020
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 1 hr Ha ha 752
In honor of princess hey (Apr '14) 2 hr Princess Hey 296