Slow Cookers

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
But...don't kid yourself. It is literally impossible to make any food taste good without salt. Adding salt to food while its cooking will ultimately reduce the total sodium. A lot of people disagree with my statement, but a few years back, Lays potato chips tried to make a salt-free potato chip. They finally gave up, saying "It's impossible to make any food taste good without salt."
If I use canned veggies or beans, I normally wash them thoroughly before using them.
yea, I know, I use sea salt..for the most part..Im not fanatical about the whole thing, but I try to be pro-active.. Unless you live on an organic farm,, with turbines, and a bomb shelter, its impossible to really get fanatical,,but I do the same,,rinse veggies..etc...no hormone chicken, thats a big one,,,even beef isnt injested like chicken is...gotta have those humongo breasts!! lol

whoa!!,, Mil,,,its a slow day in OB...lol

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22 Feb 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to say, I always add either black or kidney beans to my chili. Also, try Rotel - the mild cilis and tomatoes rock!!!
I do all this to my chille unless it for the dogs..
chilli dogs..LOL

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#23 Feb 26, 2013
injected...
:(

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#24 Feb 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
But...don't kid yourself. It is literally impossible to make any food taste good without salt. Adding salt to food while its cooking will ultimately reduce the total sodium. A lot of people disagree with my statement, but a few years back, Lays potato chips tried to make a salt-free potato chip. They finally gave up, saying "It's impossible to make any food taste good without salt."
If I use canned veggies or beans, I normally wash them thoroughly before using them.
If you can use frozen veggies in any recipe, virtually all of them have far less salt than their canned version. Salt tastes great, but remember that its original purposes were to flavor and preserve foods.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#25 Feb 26, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can use frozen veggies in any recipe, virtually all of them have far less salt than their canned version. Salt tastes great, but remember that its original purposes were to flavor and preserve foods.
I actually use Steamers instead of adding veggies to the slow cooker. I make them right before the roast is done. That way they don't end up all soggy and sh!t. I absolutely abhor the veggie taste (especially carrots) in my roast.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#26 Feb 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding macaroni to chili will get you tarred, feathered and quartered up here.
Macaroni is babyfood - it has no business in real chili.
blah-blah-blah!!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#27 Feb 26, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
what do they say, "fresh, frozen and ???(canned)?... I really don't like canned anything ... maybe canned peaches ...

Bushes baked beans, maybe ... quick for an impromptu BBQ .. that's what I always been ... still trying to get the recipe from Duke, LOL ... Enjoy yall's day! FC <3 ...

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#28 Feb 27, 2013
hearty chicken noodle soup
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless checken breast
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thights
12 baby carrots cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 stalks celery cut int 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 cups chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried parssley flacks
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth
4 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
2 cups uncooked egg noodles

cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Place in slow cooker. Add carrots,celery, onion, parsley,pepper, red pepper salt,broth and bouillon cubes. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours
Stir in egg noodles. Turn temperature to HIGH. Cook 30 minutes longer or until noodles are tender
makes 8 to 10 servings
Shirley Muldowney

Huntington, NY

#29 Feb 27, 2013
Beef Stew (slow Cooker)

This is a basic beef stew for the slow cooker made with beef broth, potatoes and carrots, onions, and a variety of seasonings. This is a great fall or winter stew to enjoy any night of the week.
Ingredients:
10 small new potatoes, halved, unpeeled
12 small whole white onions, peeled, fresh or frozen, thawed
30 baby carrots, 8 ounces
1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, preferable the scrotum cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
1/4 teaspoon rohypnol
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water
Preparation:
Place potatoes, onions, and baby carrots in slow cooker. Step back, juggle wifes breasts. Add bell pepper and beef. In small bowl, combine broth, oregano, paprika, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat and vegetables. Have a beer and ask wife for a hummer. Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hrs. Turn pot on HIGH. In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooked stew mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 mins. or until

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Around

#30 Feb 27, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually use Steamers instead of adding veggies to the slow cooker. I make them right before the roast is done. That way they don't end up all soggy and sh!t. I absolutely abhor the veggie taste (especially carrots) in my roast.
Hello Milwaukee. You look familiar from when I use to post on Topox. Unfortunately, I only recognize the name and can't place you. It would have been over 3 years since I posted with you.

I am not fond of veggie taste in my roast either.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#31 Feb 27, 2013
Snacks.

1 bottle spicy ketchup
1/2 of that ketchup bottle of water
1 packet beef onion soup mix
1 cup grape jelly
1 pack frozen italian meatballs

stir together first 4 ingredients in crockpot. add meatballs, cook until fully heated & ya got sweet & spicy meatballs.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#32 Feb 28, 2013
Tasmanian wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Milwaukee. You look familiar from when I use to post on Topox. Unfortunately, I only recognize the name and can't place you. It would have been over 3 years since I posted with you.
I am not fond of veggie taste in my roast either.
I can't say I recognize the name, but welcome back nonetheless.

:o)

Level 2

Around

#33 Feb 28, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say I recognize the name, but welcome back nonetheless.
:) Thank you. Yours is just a memorable name. I can't really tell you what thread I posted to you on. Not entirely sure why after 3 years I decided to come back to topix, but here I am.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#34 Feb 28, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
blah-blah-blah!!!
Macaroni in chili? I think you meant to post barf-barf-barf!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#35 Feb 28, 2013
Tasmanian wrote:
<quoted text>
:) Thank you. Yours is just a memorable name. I can't really tell you what thread I posted to you on. Not entirely sure why after 3 years I decided to come back to topix, but here I am.
Lol...yeah, it was a different place around here 3-4 years ago. I miss a lot of the odlies, like Lunch Lady and William Pena.

Level 2

Around

#36 Feb 28, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...yeah, it was a different place around here 3-4 years ago. I miss a lot of the odlies, like Lunch Lady and William Pena.
I don't remember them. But then I really don't remember much from topix 3 years ago.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#37 Feb 28, 2013
Tasmanian wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember them. But then I really don't remember much from topix 3 years ago.
I'm lucky I'm even here today - two heart attacks will do that to you.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#38 Feb 28, 2013
i had one for years and never used it. then i finally did and i love it. its great for roast especially.

Level 2

Around

#39 Feb 28, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm lucky I'm even here today - two heart attacks will do that to you.
Oh my....sorry to hear that, but I am glad you are still around. You are very lucky, indeed.:)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#40 Feb 28, 2013
Tasmanian wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my....sorry to hear that, but I am glad you are still around. You are very lucky, indeed.:)
I worked my way through them. I was lucky - they were minor and within a year I was back to normal.

My physical therapist was a psuedomascist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min I Am Enzo - The B... 30,840
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 225,310
Nov 2017 8 min I Am Enzo - The B... 2
what's your favorite animal? (May '10) 10 min -Sprocket- 330
News Scooby the camel returned to Ohio owners after ... 11 min I Am Enzo - The B... 7
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 21 min CJ Rocker 12,553
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 22 min CJ Rocker 1,097
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 34 min Rat Wolf Kong 150,593
News Oh [email protected]: Roadside defecation ends in disaster 2 hr FTW 15
More from around the web