Belgian man finds 255,000 while renovating an old bank

Dec 22, 2010 | Posted by: HOGstr | Full story: www.telegraph.co.uk

Ferhat Kaya, 33, had bought the property, a former branch of the Dexia bank, at a cost of 153,000 to house his accounting firm and before accepting the keys turned down the estate agent's quote of 3,000 to remove an old safe.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2010

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Already paid for by insurance, or long-forgotten. Still, it IS somebody else's property, either the insurance company's or bank's. But it sure would be tempting to keep it since it came with the property. How nice of the bank to consider a "reward". They should be glad to get half back.

Since: Aug 09

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

It would never occur to me that an old safe sitting in a former bank might have anything of interest in it. 300,000 Euros in small bills: Tell the lab to get the cocaine trace tests ready....

“They killed kenny”

Level 2

Since: Dec 07

Where?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

I like the immigrants observation that you can be an immigrant and be an honest person also, I never would have thought it. You know hundreds of years ago my peeps were immigrants {the first sent to Barbados on a prison ship} and I always thought they were criminals, as they were immigrants. Now my whole world view is totally screwed. Well I guess I'll have to change my ways and turn over a new leaf, or an old safe! MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

What kind of idiot would call the pigs? I mean you might as well call any common criminal and tell them what you found. Well once an idiot always an idiot I guess. I would have kept every nickel of that money. Oh and I would have given the brothers ONLY what my origional arrangement with them was as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••