"American Idol": Jermaine Jones disqualified, remaining singers perform

Mar 15, 2012 | Posted by: Burento | Full story: www.cbsnews.com

"American Idol" has enjoyed several brushes with criminality over the years. Sometimes, it's been contestants who have had secret criminal pasts.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20

“Jody”

Level 7

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Too bad for the big lad. He was very likeable. I can't slam him for trying to better himself. Wishing him good fortune.
Hal Sharpton

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

That is racism!!!

“That is Just Weird...”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

I have to say that is pretty lame. NO ONE ever discloses their arrest records.. it makes them not get the job.

However, Jimmy will now just sign the kid on his own ;)

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

I felt really bad for him, being televised and all. How embarrassing!
Anonymous

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

Burento wrote:
I have to say that is pretty lame. NO ONE ever discloses their arrest records.. it makes them not get the job.
However, Jimmy will now just sign the kid on his own ;)
It wasn't the arrest records. It was FOUR oustanding warrants! Who wants to potentially enter into a contract with someone that doesn't accept responsibility for their actions?

Don't feel sorry for that loser one bit. In fact, I said all along that we would see him end up on the wrong side of the law somewhere down the road.

Turns out I was already correct on that one.

Reed Grimm should have been saved. Not this pathetic POS.
Hal Sharpton

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

But he loves his momma!!!! They showed it on TV!!!!
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

American what?
Rick Rodney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

This is something i never understood over half the entertainers out there have a criminal past. Thought past was past? We have a criminal trying to better themselves oh no can't have that...Really !!!1
Rick Rodney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't the arrest records. It was FOUR oustanding warrants! Who wants to potentially enter into a contract with someone that doesn't accept responsibility for their actions?
Don't feel sorry for that loser one bit. In fact, I said all along that we would see him end up on the wrong side of the law somewhere down the road.
Turns out I was already correct on that one.
Reed Grimm should have been saved. Not this pathetic POS.
The warrants yeah four of them is a little much but we don't know what they are for could be little stuff for all we know. and to call him a loser hello he made it the a major televised talent show he's not someone sitting on their ass in front of a computer commenting to a news article. Seriously.
Anonymous

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

Rick Rodney wrote:
This is something i never understood over half the entertainers out there have a criminal past. Thought past was past? We have a criminal trying to better themselves oh no can't have that...Really !!!1
I see you're kind of slow, so I'll try to explain it using small words.

Outstanding warrants are not "in the past". One of the warrants is for something that occurred just last year.

He needs ot be an adult, take responsibilty for his actions and THEN try to "better himself".

I realize many kids these days are raised to believe they have no accountability. Glad one organization (AI) is telling them "No", since their mommies & daddies didn't.
Anonymous

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

Rick Rodney wrote:
<quoted text>
The warrants yeah four of them is a little much but we don't know what they are for could be little stuff for all we know. and to call him a loser hello he made it the a major televised talent show he's not someone sitting on their ass in front of a computer commenting to a news article. Seriously.
Because he can sing he's done more and is more of a contributor to society than someone who works on a computer? LOL! You're hilarious!

So, the "Real Housewives of Anywhere" are better than you, too, by that logic.(As lame as your most recent post was, I would bet even YOU have more to offer this world than those bimbos.)

He is a loser. Thought he could ignore his responsibilities. I'm sure there are plenty of thugs in prison who can sing better than I can, dance better than I can and yeah, LIFT MORE WEIGHTS than I can. LOL!! Doesn't make them better than me.

Pathetic. Getting on TV is the end all, be all of "making it" according to some morons. Ya know, that's what drives some serial killers, arsonists and bomb makers...wanting to be in the news. According to people such as you, they have made something with their lives, because they got on TV. LOL!!!
Lesson Learned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Rick Rodney wrote:
<quoted text>
He falsy represented himself.....again. End of story.
Rick Rodney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're kind of slow, so I'll try to explain it using small words.
Outstanding warrants are not "in the past". One of the warrants is for something that occurred just last year.
He needs ot be an adult, take responsibilty for his actions and THEN try to "better himself".
I realize many kids these days are raised to believe they have no accountability. Glad one organization (AI) is telling them "No", since their mommies & daddies didn't.
I'm slow that's funny obviously you didn't take the time to read everything i posted. did you even read what you wrote genius. a YEAR ago isn't past..Lol maybe i should use smaller words.. LOL So if your so smart what are the warrants for? you do realize Mr. Mrs master parent that they can write a warrant for a past due parking ticket.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

Rick Rodney wrote:
<quoted text>I'm slow that's funny obviously you didn't take the time to read everything i posted. did you even read what you wrote genius. a YEAR ago isn't past..Lol maybe i should use smaller words.. LOL So if your so smart what are the warrants for? you do realize Mr. Mrs master parent that they can write a warrant for a past due parking ticket.
If they are outstanding warrants, they are not "in the past", no matter when they occurred. And yeah, if it's a parking ticket, that's not "in the past" until it's taken care of.

Simple fact is, this loser had FOUR. Even one would be bad. But FOUR?! No excuse for that, as much as you may try to make them.
Warden Seacrest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Thiiiiiiis is Cell Block "C" Idol!!!!
Johnnyboy

De Pere, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Now if you REALLY want reality TV, instead of all this semi-fake stuff they keep putting on, the cops should show up during a broadcast and perp walk him off to the slammer.

“Lookin' Grumpy, Smilin' Inside”

Level 3

Since: Sep 10

The Forest

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Johnnyboy wrote:
Now if you REALLY want reality TV, instead of all this semi-fake stuff they keep putting on, the cops should show up during a broadcast and perp walk him off to the slammer.
Can you explain "perp walk" for me?
Frazer

Woking, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>He falsy represented himself.....again. End of story.
hmmm. Harsh. I think he is talented. Just needs to get his ass in gear. Good luck to him, maybe somebody will sign him up.
Eric Gufstason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Frazer wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm. Harsh. I think he is talented. Just needs to get his ass in gear. Good luck to him, maybe somebody will sign him up.
Sure he had some talent....but an "American Idol" not much to idolize.

“...the wife wants a new car...”

Since: Jun 08

...and she's doin' research...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Cancel the show...put something 'good' on instead. Though I don't know what that would be...the dumbing-down of America has been so successful, an actual 'good' show would be cancelled so more THIS dreck can replace it. It is cheaper to produce, and Lord knows, America will watch it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••