Whatcha' doing?

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1958 Jan 14, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
And can we watch some HGTV? My show is on!
now we're watchin' 1995 Casino with Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone & Joe Pesci...wanna play go fish?

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1959 Jan 14, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
Better watch out, my hands are freezing!
my feet are cold...I'll dig out the batteries =)))

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#1960 Jan 14, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
now we're watchin' 1995 Casino with Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone & Joe Pesci...wanna play go fish?
I like that movie! Got any 3's? LOL!

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#1961 Jan 14, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
my feet are cold...I'll dig out the batteries =)))
Deal! Just be careful! Want some popcorn?

Hey, I saw that y'all were getting bad weather down there. Everything ok?

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1962 Jan 14, 2013
SLY WEST wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet my woodpile is bigger than your woodpile... Yours is probably stacked nicer tho'
Always stack the wood and covered for the winter..One pile gone working on the other pile..Messy but warm.Have a goodin' SLY WEST..

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1963 Jan 14, 2013
Hippichick wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal! Just be careful! Want some popcorn?
Hey, I saw that y'all were getting bad weather down there. Everything ok?
cold temps & lot of rain but I dont forsee any real problems...the princess starts new semester tomorrow but first class @ 11 so she should be ok too =)

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#1964 Jan 14, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
cold temps & lot of rain but I dont forsee any real problems...the princess starts new semester tomorrow but first class @ 11 so she should be ok too =)
... just saw on the news it's the first time some folkies from lawizeeanna gets to bathe this year ...

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.

#1965 Jan 14, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>Always stack the wood and covered for the winter..One pile gone working on the other pile..Messy but warm.Have a goodin' SLY WEST..
I only stack it if I'm paying for it which is a rarity, got it piled up in the barn. Haven't used a lot the past two winters. Yes it is messy and hard work putting it up but w ell worth it on those cold winter nights.
You have a good one too, throw another log on the fire and keep your feet warm.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#1966 Jan 14, 2013
SLY WEST wrote:
<quoted text>
I only stack it if I'm paying for it which is a rarity, got it piled up in the barn. Haven't used a lot the past two winters. Yes it is messy and hard work putting it up but w ell worth it on those cold winter nights.
You have a good one too, throw another log on the fire and keep your feet warm.
reading this made me think I'd this song...

http://youtu.be/oOCC1EKXRBc

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#1967 Jan 14, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
Think of this song

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#1968 Jan 14, 2013
... i just hit the switch on the wall and then sit back ... me lazy no way ... i even got a gas fireplace on my deck ... im into easy livin ...

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.

#1969 Jan 14, 2013
I found those gas fireplace aren't too energy efficient, nice to look at but kinda defeats the purpose of saving money, propane is sky high where I live. Rarelyturn my furnace on. My wood burner will have you opening windows to cool off., especially with some good Oak or Ash burning in it. Hickory is the best but not too plentiful here and certainly not free

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1970 Jan 14, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... just saw on the news it's the first time some folkies from lawizeeanna gets to bathe this year ...
well shucks its only been 2 weeks into the year....sides we can bathe & catch crawdads at da same time...after we wash our clothes out back in the wash pot just throw them mudbugs in with some corn & taters ummmm ummmm ummmm

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1971 Jan 14, 2013
SLY WEST wrote:
I found those gas fireplace aren't too energy efficient, nice to look at but kinda defeats the purpose of saving money, propane is sky high where I live. Rarelyturn my furnace on. My wood burner will have you opening windows to cool off., especially with some good Oak or Ash burning in it. Hickory is the best but not too plentiful here and certainly not free
hes got money to burn since he won the lottery...
i once had a woodstove & it heated the entire house...would have to open the windows cause it got too hot lol

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#1972 Jan 14, 2013
SLY WEST wrote:
I found those gas fireplace aren't too energy efficient, nice to look at but kinda defeats the purpose of saving money, propane is sky high where I live. Rarelyturn my furnace on. My wood burner will have you opening windows to cool off., especially with some good Oak or Ash burning in it. Hickory is the best but not too plentiful here and certainly not free
... i use natural gas in both ... i live up against a nature preserve and they said no wood fires ... before i built this house i had wood burners in the garage,the basement and the den ... gets cold here in Buffalo went thru 14 face cords one year ... and it wasn't cheap ...

... truck ...$25,000 ...
... Saw $600.00 ...
... log spliter 350.00 ...
... wedges ... 20.00 ...
... back window of truck for when i thru a piece of wood in ... 345.00 ...
... asst work cloths and chainsaw pants 200.00 ...
... dog i ran over ... 465.00 ...
... fix siding when pile fell ... 375.00 ...
... hearing aid from listening to ex complain its to hot in here ... 525.00
... devorce ... half of all my stuff ...

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#1973 Jan 14, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
well shucks its only been 2 weeks into the year....sides we can bathe & catch crawdads at da same time...after we wash our clothes out back in the wash pot just throw them mudbugs in with some corn & taters ummmm ummmm ummmm
... wimmins who can multi-task are my favorite ... i'll give ya $100,000 to stop tellin people i won the lottery ...

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1974 Jan 14, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... wimmins who can multi-task are my favorite ... i'll give ya $100,000 to stop tellin people i won the lottery ...
thats alotta gummis...keep talkin...

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1976 Jan 15, 2013
Reading.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.

#1977 Jan 15, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
hes got money to burn since he won the lottery...
i once had a woodstove & it heated the entire house...would have to open the windows cause it got too hot lol
Well lucky him, must be nice. If I won the lottery I'd still burn wood, I'd just hire someone to do all the work.
I heat my whole house with the fireplace, its an airtight insert actually with a blower on it but I can't stand to turn it on, it becomes sweltering real quick.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.

#1978 Jan 15, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... i use natural gas in both ... i live up against a nature preserve and they said no wood fires ... before i built this house i had wood burners in the garage,the basement and the den ... gets cold here in Buffalo went thru 14 face cords one year ... and it wasn't cheap ...
... truck ...$25,000 ...
... Saw $600.00 ...
... log spliter 350.00 ...
... wedges ... 20.00 ...
... back window of truck for when i thru a piece of wood in ... 345.00 ...
... asst work cloths and chainsaw pants 200.00 ...
... dog i ran over ... 465.00 ...
... fix siding when pile fell ... 375.00 ...
... hearing aid from listening to ex complain its to hot in here ... 525.00
... devorce ... half of all my stuff ...
I think you do run a few degrees colder there than here in Mi., altho the winter wind doesn't stop blowing off those big lakes.
Natural is a little cheaper than propane here but its not available in the immediate area I live in and Mi is sitting on top of one of the largest gas reserves in the western world.

Whoa, with expenses like that its a good thing you hit the lottery, hope it was after she took half of your stuff.... too bad about the truck window, know the feeling.

3 years ago I had a small electrical problem in my barn and in the end the firewood pile caught on fire and burned the barn down, thats what happens when you do your own electrical...

Homeowners Ins cost=$73,000


You should just buy the preserve and send them eaglets packing,,,, nothing but freeloaders anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 35 min F_R_E_D 23,944
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 43 min Aura Mytha 221,794
2words into 2new words (May '12) 53 min Crazy Jae 8,375
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 58 min RACY_MEAN_DISAGREE 4,595
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 59 min Crazy Jae 24,078
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr Crazy Jae 22,379
Word association (Jun '07) 1 hr Crazy Jae 6,697
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 1 hr Crazy Jae 960
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 220,715
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 5 hr Mister_ E 2,121
More from around the web