Grannycanplay

Bluefield, VA

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Has anyone seen the show on Animal Planet called. Yellowstone; Battle for life? I saw it last night it was so good I couldn't quit watching. If you manage to see it. Pay attention to a line coyote. He hears something under the snow, after listening he dives in this deep snow head first & gets his lunch. Too cute. Let me know
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Aaaw..Granny, that does sound cute. Animals are amazing and their survival instincts are fascinating as well. I visited Yellowstone in the Summer of 1968. We camped on Pike's Peak and saw Old Faithful. One night as we were huddling under the covers, we heard noises outside of our tent camper. It was a bear foraging for food. I could hear the bear grunting as he was lurking about and it made me a bit nervous. Our campsite was turned upside down, but no harm done. What an experience. The forest ranger later told us that certain areas were prohibited by campers due to bears. He said that it didn't happen often but there were some campers who went beyond the zone a few years before, and were killed by a Grizzly bear. Yikes. I don't know if I'd have the nerve to go back and ever camp there again, but it was very beautiful and I will never forget it.
Grannycanplay

Bluefield, VA

#3 Feb 20, 2013
60s chic wrote:
Aaaw..Granny, that does sound cute. Animals are amazing and their survival instincts are fascinating as well. I visited Yellowstone in the Summer of 1968. We camped on Pike's Peak and saw Old Faithful. One night as we were huddling under the covers, we heard noises outside of our tent camper. It was a bear foraging for food. I could hear the bear grunting as he was lurking about and it made me a bit nervous. Our campsite was turned upside down, but no harm done. What an experience. The forest ranger later told us that certain areas were prohibited by campers due to bears. He said that it didn't happen often but there were some campers who went beyond the zone a few years before, and were killed by a Grizzly bear. Yikes. I don't know if I'd have the nerve to go back and ever camp there again, but it was very beautiful and I will never forget it.
Sounds wonderful. We love to camp. We flew to Tucson rented a car drove to Grand Canyon then drove back home to South Western Virginia. Wonderful trip but didnt camp. We have a fifth wheel camper & planning on driving back out west. Take northern route out there & southern route back. Take our time & enjoy this beautiful country of ours while we still can. Yellowstone is one of those places

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min Mega Monster 18,001
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min Jennifer Renee 10,256
News Driver Who Hit Ferguson Protester Charged In Mi... 7 min Billionaire Dayton 12
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 7 min Sharlene45 18,758
Word Association (Jun '10) 9 min Mega Monster 26,970
motorcycle traveling stories 10 min Mega Monster 12
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 11 min Doug77 31,188
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 27 min Mega Monster 39,994
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min I Am No One_ 159,892
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 2 hr Glory Be 198
Things to do while waiting........ 2 hr Skeeter Mathews 350
More from around the web