Woman claims she was fired after voti...

Woman claims she was fired after voting for President Obama

There are 179 comments on the KSDK-TV Saint Louis story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Woman claims she was fired after voting for President Obama. In it, KSDK-TV Saint Louis reports that:

A southwest Ohio woman says she was fired three days after the November election because she voted for President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSDK-TV Saint Louis.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#66 Feb 21, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're back, Piggy, having returned from your recent election humiliation in your presidential wager with me. Oh well, why not.
The employer may have known about the woman's voting choice either directly or by overhearing it. But how does that give him the right to penalize her for voting for whom she chose?
Think about this on a larger scale. Imagine corporate America not only contributing endless amounts of money to influence elections, but also intimidating employees by threatening their livelihoods if their voting choices were known to them, and they disapproved of those choices. That would not be an America I could be proud of.
Yes, you have the right to keep your vote secret. But you also have the right to shout it from the rooftops without the threat of intimidation. I voted for President Obama, and I don't mind the whole world knowing it. And I assure you, if the shoe were on the other hoof, this post would no different (except for my voting choice).
Been back Larry,don't you ever read your replies? You voted for Obama,why? He has been a anti-American racist failure since day one and the American people don't know anything about his pass,why? What is he hiding and why is his party dodging any and all questions about him? You are correct about everyone should have the right to "shout from the rooftops without threats of intimidation",maybe you would want to tell the president,his party and the MSM that.The last I checled this was still a free country even tho the left doesn't think so. BTW: Good jazzfest this coming year,check it out.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#67 Feb 21, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine that things like this are
why voting is done secretly.
The Obama/Biden bumper sticker probably gave it away.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68 Feb 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Unlike the documented Democrats, they are only allowed to vote three times each election. A high Dem source was quoted as saying..."We have our scruples, damn it"!
...It's so good to see there is a forum available, for all those jaded republican voters that have somehow become dismayed with the political process......
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#69 Feb 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...It's so good to see there is a forum available, for all those jaded republican voters that have somehow become dismayed with the political process......
Its not being jaded, it is knowing that things will get worse and worse and your powerless to do anything about it. Imagine thirty more years of growing deficits each year added to the cumulative deficit and to the deficits that are owed to others. And we are catching a massive criminal break with a very low prime rate. I and others had/have aright o what is ours. You and your swine are a thieves. That is the personal issue. And we son't save anymore. We will spend what we got left. Work with less enthusiasm. and watch an underground economy swell to epic proportions. The government is already talking about chipped cards and the dreaded follow on for welfare recipients because of the massive cheating. You proud of stealing another man's wealth for himself and family Go Blue? I only get two choices in voting.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#70 Feb 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Its not being jaded, it is knowing that things will get worse and worse and your powerless to do anything about it. Imagine thirty more years of growing deficits each year added to the cumulative deficit and to the deficits that are owed to others. And we are catching a massive criminal break with a very low prime rate. I and others had/have aright o what is ours. You and your swine are a thieves. That is the personal issue. And we son't save anymore. We will spend what we got left. Work with less enthusiasm. and watch an underground economy swell to epic proportions. The government is already talking about chipped cards and the dreaded follow on for welfare recipients because of the massive cheating. You proud of stealing another man's wealth for himself and family Go Blue? I only get two choices in voting.
Too much "massive" through the tears and the sniveling.

"Piss poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine."

How about you get rid of the internet (assuming you post from home) and put that extra $20 in the bank every month? It's called a savings account.

And if you're posting from work, find a job that pays you to work instead of posting on a public forum all day - they generally pay more anyways.

Just some crazzzzzy ideas.
MentalMidget

Ashburn, VA

#71 Feb 21, 2013
Oh, I empathize! My fellow toilet scrubbers once took a vote on the size of my Vernus fly trap! The nerve of them to compare me to the LA sinkhole!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#72 Feb 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Its not being jaded, it is knowing that things will get worse and worse and your powerless to do anything about it. Imagine thirty more years of growing deficits each year added to the cumulative deficit and to the deficits that are owed to others. And we are catching a massive criminal break with a very low prime rate. I and others had/have aright o what is ours. You and your swine are a thieves. That is the personal issue. And we son't save anymore. We will spend what we got left. Work with less enthusiasm. and watch an underground economy swell to epic proportions. The government is already talking about chipped cards and the dreaded follow on for welfare recipients because of the massive cheating. You proud of stealing another man's wealth for himself and family Go Blue? I only get two choices in voting.
My whole family has taken zero entitlements....You should really know, to whom you are speaking before you say shit like that....
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#73 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much "massive" through the tears and the sniveling.
"Piss poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine."
How about you get rid of the internet (assuming you post from home) and put that extra $20 in the bank every month? It's called a savings account.
And if you're posting from work, find a job that pays you to work instead of posting on a public forum all day - they generally pay more anyways.
Just some crazzzzzy ideas.
How about we cut the masive wastwe in on welfare cheats, government contract cheats, people who benefit from government contracts and the reat. Then the sniveling will start. its people like you that makes people like me want this nation to go down hard. An economic collapse and a couple of nukes and I will be thinking of the likes of you. First your vengeance. Then we get even. Then comes the real vengeance! And all i have to do is wait..

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#74 Feb 21, 2013
MentalMidget wrote:
Oh, I empathize! My fellow toilet scrubbers once took a vote on the size of my Vernus fly trap! The nerve of them to compare me to the LA sinkhole!
Oh you poor, poor man you.

"Vernus fly trap"
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Greeneville, TN

#75 Feb 21, 2013
they should have put her ass in greene valley, and i bet she is black too

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#76 Feb 21, 2013
Reprisals are the republican way. In fact, while they are re-branding, perhaps they should just go ahead and call themselves the Reprisal Party since they are so vengeful. I'm sure I'll pay for that remark...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#77 Feb 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> How about we cut the masive wastwe in on welfare cheats, government contract cheats, people who benefit from government contracts and the reat. Then the sniveling will start. its people like you that makes people like me want this nation to go down hard. An economic collapse and a couple of nukes and I will be thinking of the likes of you. First your vengeance. Then we get even. Then comes the real vengeance! And all i have to do is wait..
While you're waiting, try and make sense. I dare you!
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#78 Feb 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> My whole family has taken zero entitlements....You should really know, to whom you are speaking before you say shit like that....
Its what you represent. And who you are means nothing if you treat others terribly. But if you are important, make things right. Like many other Americans have done and are held in high esteem for their transgressions, you can buy me out.
GET LOST

United States

#79 Feb 21, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>While you're waiting, try and make sense. I dare you!
You little queer.
MentalMidget

San Jose, CA

#80 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you poor, poor man you.
"Vernus fly trap"
I get that all the time. It must be the bulge in my pants. Not much room in these pants between my vernus fly trap and my cheese balls.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#81 Feb 21, 2013
MentalMidget wrote:
<quoted text>I get that all the time. It must be the bulge in my pants. Not much room in these pants between my vernus fly trap and my cheese balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XbP9GgiYyPoXX
Does Vernus "The catcher's mitt from Edmunton" know about this?
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#82 Feb 21, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>While you're waiting, try and make sense. I dare you!
I can't if your the same person posting as several people. But I did type to fast and mumble the words a bit. Remember. It may be funny to you, but there will always be a strong enough percentage of this population who are disconnected to your insanity no matter how much the paid off politicians, lawyers, judges and others screw over the population. You freaking thief. You don't even know what the cumulative budget deficits have done to us and the false currency that enabled it. But it has to be the Repubs fault. Always is. Believe me, I can laugh to if I wanted to at all the funny stuff like government abuses, killings and murders that progressives have bought to America by their insane policies. One day I will. But out of respect for people that I know of all backgrounds throughout my life I owe them compassion that you guys have none of except for your selfish designs. You will lose. The cities will burn.
MentalMidget

San Jose, CA

#83 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Vernus "The catcher's mitt from Edmunton" know about this?
Oh yes, but unfortunately he's a sociopath. You know admits it one day, denies it the next.
Catchers Mitt, HAHA! More like a sewage holding tank.
Rilly Bubbin

Schaumburg, IL

#84 Feb 21, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I can't if your the same person posting as several people. But I did type to fast and mumble the words a bit. Remember. It may be funny to you, but there will always be a strong enough percentage of this population who are disconnected to your insanity no matter how much the paid off politicians, lawyers, judges and others screw over the population. You freaking thief. You don't even know what the cumulative budget deficits have done to us and the false currency that enabled it. But it has to be the Repubs fault. Always is. Believe me, I can laugh to if I wanted to at all the funny stuff like government abuses, killings and murders that progressives have bought to America by their insane policies. One day I will. But out of respect for people that I know of all backgrounds throughout my life I owe them compassion that you guys have none of except for your selfish designs. You will lose. The cities will burn.
WHAT???
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#85 Feb 21, 2013
Rilly Bubbin wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT???
what are you talking about, Saul?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 2 min andet1987 48,244
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 2 min Brandiiiiiiii 4,704
**3 Syllable Word Game - A-Z** (Jun '12) 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 865
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 6,009
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 6 min Grace Nerissa 21
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 8 min Bezeer 3,410
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 9 min andet1987 10,672
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Democrat Attack 206,758
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min In Pizza We Crust 66,998
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 14 min Laura Luckys Mom 10,562
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 46 min Lawrence Wolf 23
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 3 hr Princess Hey 111
More from around the web