Another Valentine's poetry challenge

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of80
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 22, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
So any poems previously posted
here on Offbeat threads do not qualify??
it that right?
just trying to confirm that
and thanks.
Should be fun..
Hello Grace... I'm not sure exactly, the best would be post your questions for Corey at:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.arts.po...

Since this contest is his baby...

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 22, 2013
 
the purest form of love is this,
a sigh, a touch
a tender kiss
in my dreams he came to me,
stay with me til I wake,
my only plea
he whispered his heart into my soul
and left these words
Baby thats the way I roll...

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Grace... I'm not sure exactly, the best would be post your questions for Corey at:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.arts.po...
Since this contest is his baby...
Thank YOU .. Will.
***
Re #22
VERY lovely words, Reebie:

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 22, 2013
 
reebie wrote:
the purest form of love is this,
a sigh, a touch
a tender kiss
in my dreams he came to me,
stay with me til I wake,
my only plea
he whispered his heart into my soul
and left these words
Baby thats the way I roll...
Nice one, I hope you'll enter the contest!

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 22, 2013
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one, I hope you'll enter the contest!
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
@ Grace, thank you very much..
@Will, naw, but thanks for the compliment...Im just playing around, Im not a poet..
:)

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

reebie wrote:
<quoted text>@ Grace, thank you very much..
@Will, naw, but thanks for the compliment...Im just playing around, Im not a poet..
:)
Well keep on playing, Reebie!

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 23, 2013
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Well keep on playing, Reebie!
WILL do
:)

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Roses are red
violets so blue
sorry sweetie I really thought you could bend like that.

justy2013

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

justaguess wrote:
Roses are red
violets so blue
sorry sweetie I really thought you could bend like that.
justy2013
Roses are red
each morning is new
when you bend me like that
it makes me turn blue

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

reebie wrote:
<quoted text>
Roses are red
each morning is new
when you bend me like that
it makes me turn blue
Roses are red
bruises are blue
I said I was sorry
please baby don't sue

:)

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Roses are red
bruises are blue
I said I was sorry
please baby don't sue
:)
roses are red
Im bendy that way
I wont sue you if
you continue your play

:o)

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

A Few Thoughts on 'February':

before it leaves us...

*****

" FEBRUARY came
without a sound

and saw 'no' little
buds around ..

No leafy trees

no colour green ..

No thing of beauty could be seen..

So she drew from her basket
wreaths of flowers and
placed them round the barks of trees..

On silent tiptoe,
stretching time,

she lengthened morning
and pushed back night ..

making the day a little longer
by letting in a lot more light.

Slowly... other buds of Spring
pushed their way up through the earth

Nursed by murmuring February breezes
quietly ..

gently..

giving birth. "

*****

GN

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 24, 2013
 
Tell me more
about 'THE PENNY BLOG'
I'm not familiar with it

[Thanks]

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Grace Nerissa wrote:
A Few Thoughts on 'February':
before it leaves us...
*****
" FEBRUARY came
without a sound
and saw 'no' little
buds around ..
No leafy trees
no colour green ..
No thing of beauty could be seen..
So she drew from her basket
wreaths of flowers and
placed them round the barks of trees..
On silent tiptoe,
stretching time,
she lengthened morning
and pushed back night ..
making the day a little longer
by letting in a lot more light.
Slowly... other buds of Spring
pushed their way up through the earth
Nursed by murmuring February breezes
quietly ..
gently..
giving birth. "
*****
GN
So Beautiful.. Grace, I rather enjoy the Month Poems... we see the changes as the seasons pass, BUT do we really notice the month that they stop to appear within?? Thank you for taking time to notice.
. Have a pleasant Sunday..I believe it is the last one of February.. ENJOY to your heart's content!!!((( HUGS))))

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 24, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Tell me more
about 'THE PENNY BLOG'
I'm not familiar with it
[Thanks]
Hello Grace, I posted to George on the Google poetry group we most often hang out on, and gave him a heads up to come over here and give more information on his Penny Blog:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.arts.po...

On Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:23:00 AM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> Today on The Penny Blog:
>
> Snow-flakes, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
>
>
>
> [...]
>
> This is the poem of the air,
>
> Slowly in silent syllables recorded;
>
> This is the secret of despair,
>
> Long in its cloudy bosom hoarded,
>
> [...]
>
>
>
> http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.ca/2013/02/snow-...

Hello George, contest winner Grace Nerissa asked for information on the Penny Blog over at Topix.com , so I figure I'll connect you with that page and her here and you can answer Grace's questions and in the process plug the blog and related pages there:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T4DH64N...

Tell me more
about 'THE PENNY BLOG'
I'm not familiar with it

[Thanks]

-Grace Nerissa

hat should bring him over here or you there...
George Dance

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grace Nerissa wrote:
Tell me more
about 'THE PENNY BLOG'
I'm not familiar with it
[Thanks]
Hi, Nerissa. This is George Dance. We've corresponded a few times on aapc (not that I'd expect you to remember; it was a while back).

The Penny Blog is my blog. Normally it's just for classic (ie, public domain} poetry, but I've been putting in some contemporary poems now and then. Here's a link, to check it out for yourself:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.ca/

I suppose you've heard you won the Other Valentine's Contest. I'd like to publish your poem, and the runners up; but not until next year, in the runup to Valentine's Day. Yours would appear last, on V-Day itself.(that is, if you're agreeable).

If you'd rather reply to me privately, my e-mail is
georgedance04@yahoo.ca

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 24, 2013
 
George Dance wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Nerissa. This is George Dance. We've corresponded a few times on aapc (not that I'd expect you to remember; it was a while back).
The Penny Blog is my blog. Normally it's just for classic (ie, public domain} poetry, but I've been putting in some contemporary poems now and then. Here's a link, to check it out for yourself:
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.ca/
I suppose you've heard you won the Other Valentine's Contest. I'd like to publish your poem, and the runners up; but not until next year, in the runup to Valentine's Day. Yours would appear last, on V-Day itself.(that is, if you're agreeable).
If you'd rather reply to me privately, my e-mail is
georgedance04@yahoo.ca
Hello George!
George Dance

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 24, 2013
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello George!
Hi, Will.

Since: Jan 07

Smiths Station, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nite, Johnboy, Mary Ellen,..

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 25, 2013
 
I really like this one..

it says a lot!

****

"This Be the Verse"

***

They fUck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fUcked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one anotherís throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.

Get out as early as you can,
And donít have any kids yourself."

By: Philip Larkin:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of80
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

176 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min CJ Rocker 140,296
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 9 min Phaerae 12,923
What is the meaning of life? 9 min Spirit67_ 4
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min Charles Idemi 111,595
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 16 min curiouslu 53,687
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 17 min curiouslu 3,101
Word Association (Jun '10) 19 min curiouslu 25,768
How to become Unbannable 33 min Denny CranesPlace 57
Bizarre Angelina Jolie video emerges online 57 min Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••