What song are you listening to right ...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#90905 Dec 16, 2012
Pink Floyd - Welcome To The Machine

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#90906 Dec 16, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
TURN OFF THE NEWS.......
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Plagiarize much? This was written by Morgan Freeman, not you. Same BS, different day, eh Phil?(shakes head)

BTW...This is a music thread. I can't think of a better song than this...

Stevie Wonder - Love's In Need Of Love Today

Location hidden

#90907 Dec 16, 2012
Jethro Tull- Skating Away

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#90909 Dec 16, 2012

What hurts the most - Rascal Flatts

Location hidden

#90910 Dec 16, 2012
Sade - Still In Love With You

Location hidden

#90911 Dec 16, 2012
guy

Newburgh, IN

#90912 Dec 16, 2012
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum- Bob Dylan

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“I enjoy safe sex”

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

Cuba MO

#90913 Dec 16, 2012
Give me that old time religion
Amy

Allentown, PA

#90914 Dec 16, 2012
My little brothers Grunge music disc collection. It's the only music I don't like.
He'll be gone soon, just visiting for Christmas break and then back to college, and I won't have to hear it anymore. HA!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#90916 Dec 16, 2012
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarize much? This was written by Morgan Freeman, not you. Same BS, different day, eh Phil?(shakes head)
BTW...This is a music thread. I can't think of a better song than this...
Stevie Wonder - Love's In Need Of Love Today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-z2LNsifEzgXX

TURN OFF THE NEWS....... Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday : "You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :
"You want to know why......."

Are you dense? You can see that it was written by him IMMEDIATELY!

If you're going to accuse someone of something, know what the hell you're talking about!

Idiot!

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#90917 Dec 16, 2012

Location hidden

#90918 Dec 16, 2012
daisy dooks wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... I completely agree!
I know it happened and I feel for all involved, and I'm done! The media coverage is absolutely ridiculous.
The only way it would deserve this much coverage is if they were looking for someone, otherwise stfu already!
Sweep it under the carpet... good girl.

Know the victims, not the killer! And no, you can't make me stfu about it.

I can say what I want, when I want, and there's not a dang thing you can do about it, except ignore me...

Location hidden

#90919 Dec 16, 2012

Level 4

Location hidden

#90920 Dec 16, 2012
Just a little reminder...No one should allow monsters like the Connecticutt murderer to squash their holiday cheer. I know that none of the children would've wanted it to happen and would, had they survived, encouraged all to celebrate the season and, in your bedtimes prayers, say one for the slain children and people to wish them a Merry Cristmas in Heaven.

But we really should stop the propagation of animosity amongst one another over this all too unfortunate incident because THAT is exactly what the murderer would've wanted and we all know not to cave into such perverse indulgences...Don't we?

Nat King Cole...Merry Christmas To You:

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#90921 Dec 16, 2012
White Christmas by Irving Berlin...the movie is great also!!
Camilla

United States

#90922 Dec 16, 2012
Music from the movie -
Miracle on 34th Street

Level 4

Location hidden

#90923 Dec 16, 2012
Sara Bareilles...Bottle It Up:

"I do it for Love...."

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#90924 Dec 16, 2012

Level 4

Location hidden

#90925 Dec 16, 2012
Paramore...The Only Exception:

Level 4

Location hidden

#90926 Dec 16, 2012
Adele...Mke You Feel My Love:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 12 min SweLL GirL 9,818
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min SweLL GirL 15,891
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 23 min Mustang GT Girl 11,488
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 27 min Mustang GT Girl 3,881
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 30 min Mustang GT Girl 1,519
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 38 min Aussie Kev 2,265
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 41 min Aussie Kev 6,014
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 50 min Amy 68,025
News Woman reveals what it's like to make love to a ... 2 hr wichita-rick 16
True False Game (Jun '11) 4 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 13,403
What Turns You Off? 4 hr TheJerseyDevil 77
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 7 hr Bad Bex 2,031
More from around the web