Mona

Reading, PA

#123 May 6, 2012
I miss my grandparents.
Mona

Reading, PA

#124 May 6, 2012
Torch22 wrote:
still mis my first love more than 38 years ago.
Ever try and looking that person up? Or would u feel too awkward? The old saying is, no one forgets their 1st love. I remember my first kiss, when I was 13....It was just a peck on the cheek, It was my 1st puppy luv, we dated one whole summer.

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

Atlanta, GA

#125 May 6, 2012
my girl

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#126 May 6, 2012
Sad but Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm...maybe that's a good thing?
It's a very good thing.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#127 May 6, 2012
Mona wrote:
I miss my grandparents.
I never really knew my Grandparents as Mom+Pop immigrated from Sicily in '35. I miss my parents tho, Pop passed 20 years ago today...
Mona

Reading, PA

#128 May 6, 2012
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really knew my Grandparents as Mom+Pop immigrated from Sicily in '35. I miss my parents tho, Pop passed 20 years ago today...
Sorry for your loss. I guess even with much time passed, we still are never over a death of a loved one. I lossed a cousin over 20 years ago, and still miss her to this day.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#129 May 6, 2012
Mona wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss. I guess even with much time passed, we still are never over a death of a loved one. I lossed a cousin over 20 years ago, and still miss her to this day.
Sorry about your loss..My brother that I mentioned,,was only 32 back in 3-15-89.......When he left this earth,,NOT by his choice ..The devil got his hands on him,Jumped into a sob,,,and shot him at close range..in the head,,3 times..I was in no condition to go to the month long court trial...Depression got the best of me..I Prayed for Help...I miss him every day I live..I am weak,,But I am strong..Nice to meet you,Mona.

“Muff in Cuffs”

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#130 May 6, 2012
Moonchaser223 wrote:
my girl
Hopefully you left her handcuffed so that she hasn't wandered off.

Level 2

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#131 May 6, 2012
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss. Anniversaries of a loved one's passing can be hard. My dad died 42 years ago and my mom and I still misses him.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#132 May 6, 2012
Louise2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss. Anniversaries of a loved one's passing can be hard. My dad died 42 years ago and my mom and I still misses him.
I'm lucky to have many good memories of the old man. I've had more chuckles than tears today. Man, did we bust each others stones at times! He was Army, I was Navy you see...Thanks Miss Louise...

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#133 May 6, 2012
incognitoguy73 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a very good thing.
Well then, maybe it's for the best. Perhaps it was more important for you to be there for your children than for her. Who knows? Maybe someday you may see her again and be grateful that you didn't make a mistake.

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#134 May 6, 2012
incognitoguy73 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a very good thing.
You can't always save people from their own life. In the movie, Forrest Gump, remember Jennie? Forrest couldn't save her...even though he loved her-- the emotional damage that she went through was too much. Yeah, I know it's just a movie, but, there's some truth in it. Sometimes, you just can't help people until they want to help themselves--and by that time, it's usually too late. And sometimes, people don't realize that they need help--until its too late. Either way, it's not your fault.

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#135 May 6, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
My mom and dad. I miss them *every* day :(
So sorry. Hugs to you.
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

#136 May 6, 2012
I've been too busy to miss anyone today.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#137 May 7, 2012
Lifelover wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IxMUPY5VKYAXX&feature=rel ated GRACE,,,[how lovely is this.I heard JESUS in the silence..I ventured over here from a christian chat in top stories..So I have many things i learned fro at least 40 posters,,INSTILLED In my whole being,,This is what you get,Some people in offbeat think talking about the LOVE of our friend JESUS,,,blah blah..He got me through the worst nightmare in my whole life..Peace be with you,,I will be here for you..How recent was his passing?? I hear your cry,,
I haven't been doing too well missing a friend that though she hasn't "passed on" we have seen or heard from her in awhile...God had been having us help her and she'd been going through so much...but {sigh}...it's hard not to feel like a total failure each day we don't hear from her...we're thinking of trying to visit again...we've missed her the last couple of times we tried...but...my faith is truly being tested and I'm on the verge of just losing it...forgive me for rambling...I just needed...to vent...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#138 May 7, 2012
Sad but Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't always save people from their own life. In the movie, Forrest Gump, remember Jennie? Forrest couldn't save her...even though he loved her-- the emotional damage that she went through was too much. Yeah, I know it's just a movie, but, there's some truth in it. Sometimes, you just can't help people until they want to help themselves--and by that time, it's usually too late. And sometimes, people don't realize that they need help--until its too late. Either way, it's not your fault.
We're in the process of helping a friend similar to Jennie...

So many have given up on her and written her off.

We don't want to do that but...I guess we just need prayer and encouragement...
Imnothing

Montvale, VA

#139 May 7, 2012
Friends I thought I had.

Level 2

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#140 May 7, 2012
Still missing my dear husband. This is day 17 since his passing. The pain of his dying has lessened, but the pain of missing him just gets worse. I wish the sun would shine.

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#141 May 7, 2012
My dad (and my mom). This being Mothers Day month makes it difficult, seeing all the card displays and ads for dinners and flowers.

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#142 May 7, 2012
Louise2 wrote:
Still missing my dear husband. This is day 17 since his passing. The pain of his dying has lessened, but the pain of missing him just gets worse. I wish the sun would shine.
I am so sorry. It is still so new for you. I do know that after awhile sometimes you can focus on a time that brings memories and you will smile. Maybe even chuckle alittle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Chimney1 195,159
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 189,008
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 6 min Princess Hey 3,197
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 9 min Princess Hey 13,036
one word (Apr '11) 10 min Princess Hey 6,915
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 12 min Princess Hey 12,285
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 14 min Princess Hey 2,917
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 40 min Princess Hey 1,686
Offbeat's Cutest Couple (Sep '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 593
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 hr Princess Hey 144,032