Comments
241 - 260 of 1,242 Comments Last updated May 16, 2013

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#260
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link for that misinformation?
Do a search on whatever device you are using to view this thread dimwit. It was in the news during the election but wasn't highly publicized.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#262
Jan 13, 2013
 
info:

The ATF Firearms Tracing System (FTS) contains firearm tracing information from millions of traces performed since 1989, and consists of several databases:

3. Traced Guns. Over 1.2 million (2002) detail results from all traces. ATF reported 343,746 guns were traced in 2009, and a total of 4 million traces since inception.[4] This is a registration record which includes Names and Addresses of the first seller and purchaser, and possibly subsequent purchasers.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#263
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back to discuss this with facts and links to facts. You don't even offer anything here but "I have seen" which are NOT provable facts on a discussion.
Grow up and hit adulthood and back up your statements with facts.
I didn't realize we had people stupid enough that they couldn't perform simple internet searches to verify others claims. Do you not not know you can easily infect your computer by clicking on unknown links? I click on links for no one, ever. I verify information by doing my own searches. Are you retarded enough that you can't do that and idiot enough to deny the existence of the ghetto with drugs and daily violence and also brain dead enough to deny the link between poverty and crime? Because hey, if you dont believe in those things I can probably find you a realtor that would love to sell you a house on South Gessner, or West Bellfort, or on Tidwel. Definitely be really cheap. He probably isn't there today because it is cold and rainy, but you can usually buy socks for 50 cents a pair on MLK Blvd in Houston. That would be another really great place for you to live. Just dont plan on leaving your house safely after about 3pm on Saturdays. Oh, wait. I think you should go live somewhere off Greenspoint, or, as we affectionately call it here, Gunspoint. Trying to think of the fastest place for you to get a first hand look at the connection between povery, the ghetto, and crime. You might want to rethink not owning a gun before you go. Send us a link to your research paper when you're done.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#264
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
And Reagan who tripled the debt, and Bush W who doubled the debt, didn't need a lesson?
Can you post a link to that information? Twitwit.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#265
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, more of that "I have been there". Post the information that SHOWS they are required.
Hey, dumb@. Why dont you go to the ATF website and verify it yourself. I understand you are at a disadvantage in reading complicated information, like the alphabet, but the best way for you to know, and then ignore, the truth is to read it straight from the ATF website. After you are done with that go to the websites for any Houston television station and read the news. I prefer ABC 13 because their mobil site is user friendly. After that go to the Harris County district clerks website and go to the left side of the screen to the part that lets you search their records. Go to the criminal tab. Right under the headings on both the civil and criminal tabs is a button that says "Search today's filings". Check for yourself, and you will avoid clicking on unknown links and also know for sure information is legitimate. Please tell me you haven't procreated, because I have a sinking feeling that no object, animate or inanimate, is safe in your care.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#266
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, get a file cabinet that is a safe.
Isn't RESPONSIBLE gun ownership something you support? Shouldn't gun owners make sure their children can't easily access guns?


It is against the law to leave a firearm unsecured where it can be obtained by children, and yet kids are killed every year by unsecured firearms. They are also killed by abuse and neglect, being left in hot cars, drowning, car accidents, and by any number of other cause. If you need a link to verify that children die from any of these you really should just slip the rest of the way into a coma.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#267
Jan 13, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
info:
The ATF Firearms Tracing System (FTS) contains firearm tracing information from millions of traces performed since 1989, and consists of several databases:
3. Traced Guns. Over 1.2 million (2002) detail results from all traces. ATF reported 343,746 guns were traced in 2009, and a total of 4 million traces since inception.[4] This is a registration record which includes Names and Addresses of the first seller and purchaser, and possibly subsequent purchasers.
It isn't like people see on TV where someone gets killed with a gun, and the police run a check and instantly see who owns the gun. You are right that the first place would be the original manufacturer to the dealer and then any subsequent documented transfers. The only place I have been told that there is a database is California, but I cannot verify that. I obtained that info second hand.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#268
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
Do a search on whatever device you are using to view this thread dimwit. It was in the news during the election but wasn't highly publicized.
Not my allegations. YOU post your "facts" about your allegations. I don't do your research. Of course, I've yet to find a republcian who can back up their "I have seen" stories...;)

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#269
Jan 13, 2013
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
It is against the law to leave a firearm unsecured where it can be obtained by children, and yet kids are killed every year by unsecured firearms. They are also killed by abuse and neglect, being left in hot cars, drowning, car accidents, and by any number of other cause. If you need a link to verify that children die from any of these you really should just slip the rest of the way into a coma.
Show me the laws. Show each state law that proves that.

Your refusal to back up your allegations doesn't give you a whole lot of credibility in your statements.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#270
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my allegations. YOU post your "facts" about your allegations. I don't do your research. Of course, I've yet to find a republcian who can back up their "I have seen" stories...;)
Dearie, I could not care less what you believe or don't believe, and if you are foolish enough to think lying is limited to Republicans then you deserve whatever future comes upon us. I do not notice a large number of links proving that my information is misinformation, so apparently you dont do your own research, either. It doesn't surprise me. The ATF information can get pretty technical and tedious even for those of us who function at a high level. It probably isn't navigatable by someone such as yourself. By the way, that is spelled A-T-F in case you want to amuse people around you by pretending to read. Its so cute when babies do that. When people like you do it, though, its just pitiful and sad.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
People who don't listen to misinformation? OH, yeah...BS walks...no free rides for the right winger misinformed anymore.
Do you have a link to prove any of that? What proof do you have that right wingers get free rides? Do you have proof that left wingers don't get free rides? Do you have proof that what you said is misinformation is not information? Do you have any proof that what you call information is not misinformation? Do you have any proof that your name is actually cookie and not kooky instead? Do you have proof that you actually perform any parking activities that grant you the right to use the name "Parker"? We really dont have time to do your research for you.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#272
Jan 13, 2013
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearie, I could not care less what you believe or don't believe, and if you are foolish enough to think lying is limited to Republicans then you deserve whatever future comes upon us. I do not notice a large number of links proving that my information is misinformation, so apparently you dont do your own research, either. It doesn't surprise me. The ATF information can get pretty technical and tedious even for those of us who function at a high level. It probably isn't navigatable by someone such as yourself. By the way, that is spelled A-T-F in case you want to amuse people around you by pretending to read. Its so cute when babies do that. When people like you do it, though, its just pitiful and sad.
Lying IS limited to republicans...and you've not proven otherwise.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#273
Jan 13, 2013
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to prove any of that? What proof do you have that right wingers get free rides? Do you have proof that left wingers don't get free rides? Do you have proof that what you said is misinformation is not information? Do you have any proof that what you call information is not misinformation? Do you have any proof that your name is actually cookie and not kooky instead? Do you have proof that you actually perform any parking activities that grant you the right to use the name "Parker"? We really dont have time to do your research for you.
http://www.examiner.com/article/study-shows-f...

Two years ago the University of Maryland created a bit of a controversy by releasing a study that showed Fox News viewers were the least informed of all the major news source audiences. Now a new study from Fairleigh Dickinson University is seemingly backing up those findings.

Fairleigh completed their study by asking over 1185 adult residents what news source they relied on in the last week. Respondents were then asked a number of questions about the leading stories from that week. For example, respondents were asked whether they knew that the people of Egypt had recently overthrown Hosni Mubarak.

Fox News viewers answered 1.08 questions correctly when asked about international stories, compared to a 1.23 score for MSNBC viewers, and a 1.33 score for CNN viewers. NPR listeners performed by far the best with a score of 1.97. The study actually found that Fox News and MSNBC viewers scored worse than those who consulted no news source at all over the last week.

The scores for Fox News viewers were worse on domestic story questions. Fox News viewers were able to answer 1.04 questions correctly, compared to a 1.22 score for those who watched no news at all, and a 1.26 score for MSNBC and CNN viewers. Once again, NPR listeners were the most informed with a score of 1.51.

Critics of Fox News claim that the “fair and balanced” network gives a conservative slant to nearly every story. Critics of all the major news outlets have claimed that all the networks tend to focus too much on political controversies and public trials (i.e. Casey Anthony) rather than real, substantive news. The study tends to back up the critics’ claims, especially in regards to Fox News

----------

I've proven my statements....you haven't proven yours at all.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274
Jan 13, 2013
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't like people see on TV where someone gets killed with a gun, and the police run a check and instantly see who owns the gun. You are right that the first place would be the original manufacturer to the dealer and then any subsequent documented transfers. The only place I have been told that there is a database is California, but I cannot verify that. I obtained that info second hand.
realize some police enforcement data are restricted

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#275
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.examiner.com/article/study-shows-f...
Two years ago the University of Maryland created a bit of a controversy by releasing a study that showed Fox News viewers were the least informed of all the major news source audiences. Now a new study from Fairleigh Dickinson University is seemingly backing up those findings.
Fairleigh completed their study by asking over 1185 adult residents what news source they relied on in the last week. Respondents were then asked a number of questions about the leading stories from that week. For example, respondents were asked whether they knew that the people of Egypt had recently overthrown Hosni Mubarak.
Fox News viewers answered 1.08 questions correctly when asked about international stories, compared to a 1.23 score for MSNBC viewers, and a 1.33 score for CNN viewers. NPR listeners performed by far the best with a score of 1.97. The study actually found that Fox News and MSNBC viewers scored worse than those who consulted no news source at all over the last week.
The scores for Fox News viewers were worse on domestic story questions. Fox News viewers were able to answer 1.04 questions correctly, compared to a 1.22 score for those who watched no news at all, and a 1.26 score for MSNBC and CNN viewers. Once again, NPR listeners were the most informed with a score of 1.51.
Critics of Fox News claim that the “fair and balanced” network gives a conservative slant to nearly every story. Critics of all the major news outlets have claimed that all the networks tend to focus too much on political controversies and public trials (i.e. Casey Anthony) rather than real, substantive news. The study tends to back up the critics’ claims, especially in regards to Fox News
----------
I've proven my statements....you haven't proven yours at all.
You haven't proven anything for yourself. You have only accepted what others say they have proven, which basically doesn't even equal a statement of my own personal experiences. Your relating what someone else says they proved is basically heresay since you didn't do or witness the research yourself. Not admissible, and you haven't been qualified as an expert witness. However, i will defer to tallyho since he used to be a judge. You also did not disclose who funded those studies or their methodology. Also, as I said, I dont click on links in public forums. Ever.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#276
Jan 13, 2013
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven anything for yourself. You have only accepted what others say they have proven, which basically doesn't even equal a statement of my own personal experiences. Your relating what someone else says they proved is basically heresay since you didn't do or witness the research yourself. Not admissible, and you haven't been qualified as an expert witness. However, i will defer to tallyho since he used to be a judge. You also did not disclose who funded those studies or their methodology. Also, as I said, I dont click on links in public forums. Ever.
Sorry but your lies about this university study done over two years is not selling anyone. You LIVE for lies...you have even a nonmoral code anymore when it comes to lies..you accept LIES and you PERPETRATE lies. IT's what you right wingers do that makes you so uneducated about what's going on in our nation.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#277
Jan 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
realize some police enforcement data are restricted


My information came directly from a close relative who is a LEO. I have more than one of those. I also decided on a career change at one point and was very close to a degree in criminal justice but decided to stay in my current field instead. Btw, I am also married to a federally licensed firearm dealer who is also a gunsmith. I have also worked in a lawyer's office and a state psychiatric facility on an acute intake unit. And a few other places. My current job requires my fingerprints to be on file with the state, and my job takes me into some of the worst, poorest places in Houston for months at a time at all hours of the day and night. I have personally been in this current bad area for over six months. There are other companies in fields closely related to mine that do not allow their employees to come where I am without several employees, only at specific hours, and only with permission from higher authority in another state.
There.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278
Jan 13, 2013
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven anything for yourself. You have only accepted what others say they have proven, which basically doesn't even equal a statement of my own personal experiences. Your relating what someone else says they proved is basically heresay since you didn't do or witness the research yourself. Not admissible, and you haven't been qualified as an expert witness. However, i will defer to tallyho since he used to be a judge. You also did not disclose who funded those studies or their methodology. Also, as I said, I dont click on links in public forums. Ever.
great summation counselor .... you are correct ..hearsay

SUMMATION..........

A]the final argument of an attorney at the close of a trial in which he/she attempts to convince the judge and/or jury of the virtues of the client's case.

HEARSAY RULE..........

B]the basic rule that testimony or documents which quote persons not in court are not admissible. Because the person who supposedly knew the facts is not in court to state his/her exact words, the trier of fact cannot judge the demeanor and credibility of the alleged first-hand witness

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#279
Jan 13, 2013
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but your lies about this university study done over two years is not selling anyone. You LIVE for lies...you have even a nonmoral code anymore when it comes to lies..you accept LIES and you PERPETRATE lies. IT's what you right wingers do that makes you so uneducated about what's going on in our nation.
I didn't say anything about the university study. I only said it was heresay on your part since you didn't do the research. It isn't a lie unless you did do the research. Unfortunately, you dont be able to distinguish between truth and lies even when it comes to your own statements. Doesn't surprise me. That probably also falls to the higher brain functions which you lack. You should see both a neurologist and a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Maybe some developmental rehab can preserve the brain function you have and prevent further decline. I would say think about it, but that would probably be a little too taxing since you seem incapable of viewing the world around you and forming your own thoughts and opinions.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#280
Jan 13, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
great summation counselor .... you are correct ..hearsay
SUMMATION..........
A]the final argument of an attorney at the close of a trial in which he/she attempts to convince the judge and/or jury of the virtues of the client's case.
HEARSAY RULE..........
B]the basic rule that testimony or documents which quote persons not in court are not admissible. Because the person who supposedly knew the facts is not in court to state his/her exact words, the trier of fact cannot judge the demeanor and credibility of the alleged first-hand witness
Btw, are you familiar with my friend, Matt Foley? If not you should google his name and check him out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••