you bet

affirmative

correct

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#21 May 3, 2011
Ferrerman, looks like you and I think alike this AM! Good morning!

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#22 May 3, 2011
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I have a degree in the sciences, and purport educated opinion all the time, and invariably I am ASKED for links to info that back-up my claims; as any term paper, thesis, or news article requires. It isn't plagiarizing, it is CITING.
I agree. When you write a research paper you have to cite references to back up the supposition expressed. A good research paper consists of an opinion, evidence, and rationale. Leave out the evidence and it's just an opinion and an explanation of why you think that way with nothing on which to base an opinion.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#23 May 3, 2011
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I have a degree in the sciences, and purport educated opinion all the time, and invariably I am ASKED for links to info that back-up my claims; as any term paper, thesis, or news article requires. It isn't plagiarizing, it is CITING.
Some people seem to think they can claim that the moon is made of Bleu cheese, and everyone should just take their word for it. There is a simple scientific truth-Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs. I have posted link after link to substantiate my claims, I am constantly amazed that other people are unwilling to do the same.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#24 May 3, 2011
MeanandNasty wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. When you write a research paper you have to cite references to back up the supposition expressed. A good research paper consists of an opinion, evidence, and rationale. Leave out the evidence and it's just an opinion and an explanation of why you think that way with nothing on which to base an opinion.
That's why real books have a bibliography..........

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Level 1

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#25 May 3, 2011
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Some people seem to think they can claim that the moon is made of Bleu cheese, and everyone should just take their word for it. There is a simple scientific truth-Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs. I have posted link after link to substantiate my claims, I am constantly amazed that other people are unwilling to do the same.
If it was already out there as a thought or truth that you can highlight and post as a "link", which you say you do, your "claim" isn't a "claim" now is it, it's someone elses original thought and not yours.

Oh lord. Billy going link hunting again.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#26 May 3, 2011
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>If it was already out there as a thought or truth that you can highlight and post as a "link", which you say you do, your "claim" isn't a "claim" now is it, it's someone elses original thought and not yours.
Oh lord. Billy going link hunting again.
It's like when I claimed that federal guidelines determine what info is on a birth certificate, and you screamed and cried (under several names) that I was wrong. So I supplied a link supporting my claims. That's called supplying proof. You should try it some day.

“The only opinion that matters ”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

..... to me is mine!

#27 May 3, 2011
Paisley_Posey wrote:
Plus the fact that you are limited to the amount of character in a single post, links are much easier.
I have 3558 characters left,.... hmmmm ... what to say?
resident

Yorktown Heights, NY

#28 May 3, 2011
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus the fact that you are limited to the amount of character in a single post, links are much easier.
I have 3558 characters left,.... hmmmm ... what to say?
Infomercial on fish flops...

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Level 1

Geno the Troll Buster

#29 May 3, 2011
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>It's like when I claimed that federal guidelines determine what info is on a birth certificate, and you screamed and cried (under several names) that I was wrong. So I supplied a link supporting my claims. That's called supplying proof. You should try it some day.
You didn't even know if you were talking about a birth certtificate or certificate of birth, government issued or state issued. Tally and I were pming back and forth laughing at you. Tally said, and I quote, "Billy isn't stupid, just stubborn, he is confusing the two issues but I think he is getting it....lets see what he says next" Unquote.

That was some fun watching you melt down over that with tally, I gotta say

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#30 May 3, 2011
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Some people seem to think they can claim that the moon is made of Bleu cheese, and everyone should just take their word for it. There is a simple scientific truth-Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs. I have posted link after link to substantiate my claims, I am constantly amazed that other people are unwilling to do the same.
Allright, ya fcking whiner- http://todaysdate.com/

Watch, he'll post tomorrow refuting my claim.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#31 May 3, 2011
Holocaust deniers can link all sorts of crap saying the holocaust "never happened". I've got the word of two of my uncles who helped liberate the camps that it DID happen. On top of that, pictures, film, documents, first-person accounts- insurmountable evidence tells us it DID happen. Yet some asswhole can link cites saying it did not.

Be careful what you link for.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32 May 3, 2011
You spoke here of plagiarizing,
I like to write a bit of poetry,
I think regulars here know that about me,
but I never plagiarize and I mean 'never'

What would be the point anyway,
half the fun is searching your mind for ideas,
and playing about with 'rhyme'.

Whether it end result turns out good or mediocre,
at least it's one's own.

A few thought on the winter we left behind

"Winter Thoughts"

'Bright sun
gives lie to the cold
out there

a blanket of snow
covers everywhere ..

Whitening
door and windowsill

like a soul from confession
cleansed of sin.

Gems made of frost
twice as nice

frozen rain
pearls of ice.

Twisted icicles hang around
their silver fingers
pointing down

Bad weather??

NO

Between you and me

In a winter world
there's much to see'

by

'Me'

lol

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#33 May 3, 2011
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't even know if you were talking about a birth certtificate or certificate of birth, government issued or state issued. Tally and I were pming back and forth laughing at you. Tally said, and I quote, "Billy isn't stupid, just stubborn, he is confusing the two issues but I think he is getting it....lets see what he says next" Unquote.
That was some fun watching you melt down over that with tally, I gotta say
IF you and Tally really were PMing back and forth, you just pulled a major scumbag move by revealing the contents of those pm's. For the record, he agreed that I was right about the federal guidelines, it's right there in the thread for anyone to see.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#34 May 3, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
Holocaust deniers can link all sorts of crap saying the holocaust "never happened". I've got the word of two of my uncles who helped liberate the camps that it DID happen. On top of that, pictures, film, documents, first-person accounts- insurmountable evidence tells us it DID happen. Yet some asswhole can link cites saying it did not.
Absolutely, you have to choose unbiased sources. That's where research comes into play.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Level 1

Geno the Troll Buster

#35 May 3, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Allright, ya fcking whiner- http://todaysdate.com/
With one of his famous links no doubt.

Did you read the scripts on how long this Middle East Operation had been going on? Obama was at the head of it directing people for months. They took their time on it. Now the tards want to say it was Bush, sitting at home drinking, the one that orchestrated it or better yet, all staged (Paisly said this yesterday), that Osama was dead for years, frozen, so that Obama could bring him up on a specific Sunday night in the future to piss off Trump, all for re election purposes.

It never ends

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#36 May 3, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Allright, ya fcking whiner- http://todaysdate.com/
Thank goodness, you finally proved something that you said. Maybe next you'll move onto something a little more controversial.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Level 1

Geno the Troll Buster

#37 May 3, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
Exaclty, where did the link come from? From whose political perspective? This is where Billy fails to get it

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Level 1

Geno the Troll Buster

#38 May 3, 2011
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>IF you and Tally really were PMing back and forth, you just pulled a major scumbag move by revealing the contents of those pm's. For the record, he agreed that I was right about the federal guidelines, it's right there in the thread for anyone to see.
I guess you'll need to link it Jimmy Dean LMAO

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#39 May 3, 2011
MeanandNasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! Good morning M&N.

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Level 1

Geno the Troll Buster

#40 May 3, 2011
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>IF you and Tally really were PMing back and forth, you just pulled a major scumbag move by revealing the contents of those pm's. For the record, he agreed that I was right about the federal guidelines, it's right there in the thread for anyone to see.
Takes a scumbag like you to know a scumbag move I guess. I guarantee you we laughed at you ad nauseum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True False Game (Jun '11) 11 min SweLL GirL 15,343
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 13 min SweLL GirL 11,039
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 14 min SweLL GirL 17,331
Replace one letter in word>>> (Oct '15) 15 min SweLL GirL 291
Three Word Story (Nov '08) 23 min Bovenzi13 655
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 41 min SweLL GirL 8,985
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 1 hr Alyssa76 863
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 222,162
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Bovenzi13 5,496
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 4 hr Crazy Jae 1,290