..... you can't banish, lol

#1 May 1, 2011
Just like a soap opera ....

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#2 May 1, 2011
Where the freak else can one gripe about their day,their rockin' love life, the weather,sad stories, copy-cat poetry (by the way, where is Adrian)?, anything of interest. Topics we could not discuss to the check-out cashier or our co-workers. It's right here and now, it's our playground, let's play! ROCK ON!
AUNT HYDROUS

Moline, IL

#3 May 1, 2011
Walmart sells meth lab starter kits for under 50 bucks(batteries not included) Sudafed has free meth recipes in specialy marked boxes of 24 hr sudafed (10 count only)

IT"S SHAKE N BAKE AN I HELLPED,LOL

“I love to gamble”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

New Bern, NC

#4 May 1, 2011
I hate drama. That's why I only post once a month. Otherwise, I just read and icon.
End The Hate

Long Beach, CA

#5 May 2, 2011
Hairyson Firebird wrote:
I hate drama. That's why I only post once a month. Otherwise, I just read and icon.
I don't really hate the drama, some of it is fun. Going on line once a month would help eliminate the stuff you don't want to read so if that works 4 you I think that's great. I don't like to icon and not comment but what I really don't like is having to ignore people. I'd like to read everyone but just can't do it. That's only 3 people though so I guess that's not bad.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#6 May 2, 2011
"As the Wierd Turns"

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#7 May 2, 2011
Drama is in the eyes of the beholder...ROCK ON!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 May 2, 2011
But it's mighty funny though!

“..vote early..vote often..but”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#9 May 2, 2011
Useless drama...?

What other kind IS there?!

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 May 2, 2011
Hairyson Firebird wrote:
The same here. Some people on here are pretty intelligent but the majority seem to be more immature than my 3 yr. old. Sometimes it's good for a laugh though.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Level 4

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11 May 2, 2011
I think this site is full of useless plagiarizers. People who like to copy and paste from articles, or post links, and act like they are somehow "intelligent". GTFO!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#12 May 2, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
I think this site is full of useless plagiarizers. People who like to copy and paste from articles, or post links, and act like they are somehow "intelligent". GTFO!
Yes, but you have to give them credit for doing the research and placing it. Does it not humor the soul or make a miserable day turn into a happy smile? Your choice to enjoy or not, I say keep'em coming, am having a blast on these threads. ROCK HARD AND STEADY!

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Level 4

Location hidden

#13 May 2, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but you have to give them credit for doing the research and placing it. Does it not humor the soul or make a miserable day turn into a happy smile? Your choice to enjoy or not, I say keep'em coming, am having a blast on these threads. ROCK HARD AND STEADY!
That's not research, that's finding an article that agrees with your view, copying and pasting. If someone truly understands a subject they will do real research, which entails looking at all aspects of a particular subject then forming your own opinion on the matter. Nothing pisses me off more than some douche who copies, pastes, and posts links in a debate, and that is what a lot of people do on this site. That isn't debating, that is plagiarizing.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#14 May 2, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not research, that's finding an article that agrees with your view, copying and pasting. If someone truly understands a subject they will do real research, which entails looking at all aspects of a particular subject then forming your own opinion on the matter. Nothing pisses me off more than some douche who copies, pastes, and posts links in a debate, and that is what a lot of people do on this site. That isn't debating, that is plagiarizing.
Yes, but perhaps after they researched the subject at hand, perhaps the "plagiarizing" information gave a more detailed passage of material to use. They do give the credit to the authors that they have taken from. As poems by Adrain, some are his originals and others are not. I mean how many modern men go about and write Shakespearean words of passion nowadays? If you were a woman, you would totally enjoy his poems of pure delight. They make your heart sing and to remember that love still exists. So, sit back and just enjoy the debates and the comments, it's for entertainment purposes only. ROCK ON!

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Level 4

Location hidden

#15 May 2, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but perhaps after they researched the subject at hand, perhaps the "plagiarizing" information gave a more detailed passage of material to use. They do give the credit to the authors that they have taken from. As poems by Adrain, some are his originals and others are not. I mean how many modern men go about and write Shakespearean words of passion nowadays? If you were a woman, you would totally enjoy his poems of pure delight. They make your heart sing and to remember that love still exists. So, sit back and just enjoy the debates and the comments, it's for entertainment purposes only. ROCK ON!
I am a woman, and I appreciate poetry as much as the next. I'm talking more about the political and religious debates we have on this site. Some people aren't even copying anymore, just posting links, imo that's not debating. In the real world you can't paste links. Anyway, guess we can agree to disagree on this.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#16 May 3, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a woman, and I appreciate poetry as much as the next. I'm talking more about the political and religious debates we have on this site. Some people aren't even copying anymore, just posting links, imo that's not debating. In the real world you can't paste links. Anyway, guess we can agree to disagree on this.
liddy, my apologies for not realizing you were a female posting. Yes, we chicks do love poetry past and present. You must understand, these political and religious debates are online in a forum. So naturally, links will be posted, one click to google info, there it is. In the real debating world, one must research the knowledge one needs beforehand before presenting it in front of others. Also, to know your religious beliefs and political views, you must believe in what and how you feel about the contents you are about to deliver. For in an open debate in a building, you will be challenged on your views. So educate yourself to the fullest extent of your subject material before you step onto that platform. I personally would rather see a live debate, the one who is able to keep their composure and believe totally in their reason for a debating issue, will get my vote fer real.
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 May 3, 2011
Every presidential debate is full of useless drama...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18 May 3, 2011
yep, doesnt take long to figure that one out.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#19 May 3, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, how 'bout the boneheads that INSIST on links!!?? I could say today is Tuesday. Unless I link a calendar, it's just my stupid opinion that today is Tuesday because I'm a liberal who hates America. And it better be a right-wing calendar or that link is useless!

People expect you to link your thoughts and feelings. Worse, they want you to link things refuting their BS. It's the dumbing down of America. You can't think for yourself unless you can find the exact same thought on the internet, to validate your thought.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20 May 3, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a degree in the sciences, and purport educated opinion all the time, and invariably I am ASKED for links to info that back-up my claims; as any term paper, thesis, or news article requires. It isn't plagiarizing, it is CITING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 133
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nebraska trucker returns bull mastiff to Arizona 14 min Prosperity Fundie... 1
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 16 min SLY WEST 2,221
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min Agents of Corruption 121,043
What's your tip for the day? 24 min SLY WEST 1,220
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min CJ Rocker 149,075
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 28 min CJ Rocker 6,724
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 30 min CJ Rocker 6,250
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,838
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 5 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 6 hr -CatCiao- 410