House approves back pay for furloughe...

House approves back pay for furloughed workers as shutdown continues

Posted in the Weird Forum

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#1 Oct 6, 2013
We can really afford that

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2013
Oh well that makes up for it all. Pfft.**sarcasm.

Was there even ever a question of the gvt. not paying their employees what they are owed.

Lol big-time no we can't but Washington has magic accounting tricks.
A noted observer

Glen Ellyn, IL

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Oh well that makes up for it all. Pfft.**sarcasm.
Was there even ever a question of the gvt. not paying their employees what they are owed.
Lol big-time no we can't but Washington has magic accounting tricks.
Well, the next challenge from the teapublican terrorists in the House is whether we should pay debts THEY ALREADY ALLOCATED MONEY FOR! They are against it....

The shutdown hasn't stopped *Obamacare* and it's furloughed government workers who WILL be paid so, what WAS the point? The GOP can't kill itself fast enough? Now the GOP has okayed the government PAYING PEOPLE NOT TO WORK!!!!

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 6, 2013
Lol isn't that what they hate on liberals for money for no work. Ha ironic.

The word terrorist has run thru my mind this last week also when thinking about the republicans.. The definition of terrorism is acts of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. Hmm If the shoe fits!!

And they don't understand why the potus won't negotiate. In my best dubya accent. America will not negotiate with terrorist!!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#5 Oct 6, 2013
I hate shopping at public Grocery stores,...
A Noted Observer

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Lol isn't that what they hate on liberals for money for no work. Ha ironic.
The word terrorist has run thru my mind this last week also when thinking about the republicans.. The definition of terrorism is acts of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. Hmm If the shoe fits!!
And they don't understand why the potus won't negotiate. In my best dubya accent. America will not negotiate with terrorist!!
Well, what's to negotiate? The law was legally passed and even scrutinized and approved by a conservative Supreme Court. This tweet making the rounds sums it up perfectly:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/03/1243...

The teapublicans are also NOT painting a good picture about *small government* whining about the government closures THEY made happen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 4 min andet1987 1,887
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 8 min andet1987 7,158
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 9 min ImFree2Choose 1,566
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Denny CranesPlace 68,066
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 13 min Princess Hey 149,080
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 13 min Denny CranesPlace 20,697
What Turns You Off? 14 min watch it 105
True False Game (Jun '11) 38 min andet1987 13,489
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr On the Radio 209,812
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 8 hr andet1987 6,096
More from around the web