PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With...

PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot

There are 10810 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from May 31, 2012, titled PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

The season premiere of Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" is June 4, and PETA has a bone to pick with Gordon Ramsay's screaming... sort of.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12508 Nov 28, 2012
Dangers of Vegetarian & Vegan Diets Long-Term
Posted on July 17, 2008 by JINI in Health and Gut Stuff

I often get emails from my readers who are vegetarian or vegan and struggling to heal. Much as I respect the ideological and environmental motivators for veggie diets, in physical terms, they are simply not good (long-term) for the human body.
Vegetarian diets can be very useful short-term for healing from certain types of cancers, or as a detox. But for a healthy long-term, daily diet, you need to get some animal-source nutrients Ė especially animal fats.

Location hidden

#12509 Nov 28, 2012
A vegan diet is equally dangerous for weaned babies and toddlers, who need plenty of protein and calcium. Too often, vegans turn to soy, which actually inhibits growth and reduces absorption of protein and minerals. Thatís why health officials in Britain, Canada and other countries express caution about soy for babies.

Location hidden

#12510 Nov 28, 2012
An adult who was well-nourished in utero and in infancy may choose to get by on a vegan diet, but babies are built from protein, calcium, cholesterol and fish oil. Children fed only plants will not get the precious things they need to live and grow.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#12511 Nov 28, 2012
effing HILARIOUS that a wretched CORPSE EATING hag is puking up a pile of trash when the HAG knows NOTHING about NUTRITION or about being VEGAN.

GET THE PSYCHIATRIC HELP YOU NEED YOU WRETCHED BORE. If you have children, they need to be taken away from your mentally disturbed old ass. You are a sick effing BORE.

Go eat LOTS of corpses, you pathetic PSYCHO because the more corpses you eat the sooner your wretched old ass will stop wasting space.

Hope that helps.
Gonna whine and copy/paste some more ignorance?? Of course you are because you are a miserable, lonely, wretched BORE who needs serious psychiatric help.'tis true!!
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#12512 Nov 28, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
no

Get help, you wretched PSYCHO bore
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#12513 Nov 28, 2012

Location hidden

#12514 Nov 28, 2012
I found this interesting too!

The Vegan diet can lead to trouble down the road, trouble that can sometimes remain undetected until irreparable damage is done.

In all the reading I've done, I'm surprised to 'read' how many Vegans cheat and will 'snack' on animal byproducts and claim not to.

Just sayin

Good night!

Location hidden

#12515 Nov 28, 2012
oops.. I will leave you with this before retiring to my bed...

Protein: You can get some of the components of protein (the amino acids) from legumes, seeds and grain, but meat and fish contain complete protein (meaning they have all the essential amino acids). The amino acids in meat/fish are also in a form that is very easy for most people to digest. Many people find grains and legumes (which contain digestive inhibitors) quite hard to digest. Note too how little meat you actually need to get protein Ė 4 oz of beef provides 30 grams protein; salmon 25 grams; tofu 8 grams.

Zinc: Red meat is high in it and it comes in a form that many believe is easier for the body to break down than that found in grains and legumes.

Location hidden

#12516 Nov 28, 2012
Opinion36 wrote:
PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals.
I like that acronym better! lol
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#12517 Nov 28, 2012
hey wretched BORE: stfu because you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about being VEGAN and you know NOTHING about proper nutrition. You are a miserable, lonely old BORE who begs for attention and you thrive off of being verbally slapped around.

Go tell a good psychiatrist about your pathetic obsession of things and people you know NOTHING about.
Make that call in the morning and GET HELP, you wretched psycho BORE

Be sure to gnaw on a corpse soon

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

for a hamburger today.

#12518 Nov 28, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
hey wretched BORE: stfu because you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about being VEGAN and you know NOTHING about proper nutrition. You are a miserable, lonely old BORE who begs for attention and you thrive off of being verbally slapped around.
Go tell a good psychiatrist about your pathetic obsession of things and people you know NOTHING about.
Make that call in the morning and GET HELP, you wretched psycho BORE
Be sure to gnaw on a corpse soon
Good Gawd.....

What an embarrassment you must be to your family and the people that know you.

Have you always been this anal retentive or have you had to work at it?

Has the thought ever occurred to you to, just once, to give a decent response to someone, other than your alter egos.

'tis true

carry on, you retarded simpleton, peon of a troll.......
LUMPY is a GASBAG

Midland, TX

#12519 Nov 29, 2012
hunters are COWARDS - LUMPY wrote:
hey, I know NOTHING about proper nutrition but I'll be sure to gnaw on a goat scrotum soon.
That's a given.

“Live in purple”

Level 1

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#12520 Nov 29, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....yo u are such a pathetic PSYCHO bore! YOU are obsessed, honey boo boo, and you are a wretched BORE. Purples' posts didn't 'involve' you, they were making fun of you. You are clearly mentally disturbed and many here are well aware of what a sick, OBSESSED hag you are.
Hope that helps.
Gonna beg for some more humiliation? We expect you soon!!
Bucky should count how many posts she went on to write to me. And then she can include all the posts she cut and paste from here and put on another thread when she was whining about Maxie dishing back to her.

She does love and crave humiliation. She loves to degrade herself on here. It's funny to watch!
LUMPYS ABUSED GOAT

Midland, TX

#12521 Nov 29, 2012
Purple Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
She does love and crave humiliation. She loves to degrade herself on here. It's funny to watch!
Yes, HAC - LUMPY really is that pathetic.

Location hidden

#12522 Nov 29, 2012
Purple Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bucky should count how many posts she went on to write to me. And then she can include all the posts she cut and paste from here and put on another thread when she was whining about Maxie dishing back to her.
What's funny to watch is that you have to cling on to someone like Hac to side with you, about me! You're trying to state how crazy I am to Hac... says more about you than me! lol

Bucky? lol,,, my apologies if my BIG, STRAIGHT pearly whites is all you have to cut me down physically. And again, just trying to bring the cut and pastes argument about what I supposedly did back to where it belongs. And that was how many years ago? Really? I think you didn't like it brought back there because even you know how ridiculous it is here where no one knows the time lines.

One more thing,,, unlike your posts (pretty much all about me), everyone of my posts don't center around you.

You're obsessive stalking is cute PQ, but I'm sorry, I'm not interested in you! But thank you.

Gotta love the power I harness with you... I'll try and use it for good! You're almost in the pinch your cheeks adorable range.. awww

Location hidden

#12524 Nov 29, 2012
((Again, from the link, and I will post what it reads in it's entirety, cause it makes so much sense to how they're (vegans) viewed.))

MY RESPONSE:

Iíve found that I do much better psychologically if I donít engage too much with vegans. I state my case and then move on. Otherwise, theyíre so self-righteous Iíll lose my mind! You canít rationalize with the insane. And yes, the lack of proteins and cholesterol in the diet along with B12 deficiency is associated with the hostility and violent stance so many of them take. The funniest, most ironic thing I find about adherents to the vegan diet is that they consider themselves so enlightened about what meat does to the planet and the course of disease, but in fact, the data they base it on ó especially where health is concerned ó is based on the info the government and food processing companies want them to know.

Location hidden

#12525 Nov 29, 2012
The vegan movement has little to do with altruism and more to do with satisfying the insanity of the ego. Otherwise, theyíd be able to live and let live. Inform people of what they think they know and allow them to make the decision. Find true solutions instead of simply avoiding. Life isnít black and white and neither is the issue of eating meat.

Location hidden

#12526 Nov 29, 2012
I donít believe that any humans are designed to be strict vegan. Some may do ďOKĒ on a vegetarian diet, but I have never met anyone and havenít read any data that indicates it to be true that they would thrive as vegans. For example, Hindus in India survive on a vegetarian diet that includes plenty of dairy, but when they move to places like London where the vegetation is seemingly hydroponically grown, they develop pernicious anemia and other deficiencies. In effect, the vegetables (and probably water) they had in India contains microscopic bugs that seem to satisfy their need for complete protein. Milk is also probably not pasteurized (except in cities).

Location hidden

#12527 Nov 29, 2012
Buddhist monks may be the closest to a real vegan group, but they are not part of society and they do not reproduce so their needs are different. Protein is a stress balancer and I feel that the more you live in that real world (with jobs, children, heavy metals and other pressures), the more you need flesh to come back to center unless you are able to completely remove yourself from real life on a daily basis. Even so, I know many people who are vegan and meditate and such, but they donít look healthy at all. Many of them show signs of neurological illness or end up with cancer.

Location hidden

#12528 Nov 29, 2012
We should really take into consideration where we live now as well, not just where our ancestors come from. It is said that it takes 10,000 years for the human body to adapt to new foods, so we never know for sure where we came from ultimately. One thing is for sure. Humans never ate processed foods and sugars like current generations. Otherwise, just eat foods as seasonally as possible predominantly from the region where you live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Satan 167,359
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 min Jeffrey 141,187
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 10 min CJ Rocker 8,766
News Runaway rail car kicked loose by teen hits New ... 11 min TALLYHO 8541 14
Answer a question with a question 22 min MecHanic 492
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 25 min DILF 9,372
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 26 min DILF 219
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 28 min DILF 6,116
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 31 min DILF 12,778
More from around the web