Police shut down girls' lemonade stand

Police shut down girls' lemonade stand

There are 100 comments on the WANE-TV Fort Wayne story from Jul 15, 2011, titled Police shut down girls' lemonade stand. In it, WANE-TV Fort Wayne reports that:

Police in Georgia have shut down a lemonade stand run by three girls trying to save up for a trip to a water park, saying they didn't have a business license or the required permits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WANE-TV Fort Wayne.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#82 Jul 17, 2011
This is just sour of the cops to do, though not as sour as the other recent story where bullies robbed a lemonade stand.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Level 7

Since: May 07

London, England

#83 Jul 17, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
This is just sour of the cops to do, though not as sour as the other recent story where bullies robbed a lemonade stand.
I bet it's the same two girls that the police shut down trying to sell the stolen lemonade without a license - their next business plan will be a grow operation under the lemonade stand.

Level 8

Plum, Purplonia

#84 Jul 17, 2011
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it's the same two girls that the police shut down trying to sell the stolen lemonade without a license - their next business plan will be a grow operation under the lemonade stand.
The bullies didn't care about the lemonade, just the money.

I like your theory though. First selling lemonade, then what? Crack cocaine? Citric acid and sugar, the gateway drugs.

Oh, I like the prank someone pulled in California on lawmakers. They had the state legislature voting to ban "dihydrogen monoxide." The fear mongers said it was the leading cause of burns, frostbite, drownings, weather-related highway accidents, and was used to commit murders, make narcotics, and to use certain drugs. They said it contributed to slips and falls, intoxication, and poisoning deaths. They were ready to vote to ban this substance, and it would have been an easy vote too, until they realized what it was they were banning. They were voting to ban water.
Oldtimer

Madison, WV

#85 Jul 17, 2011
Girl Scout Cookies? Not any more (sigh). Just try and find some. And, no, they haven't gone door-to-door in years: a damn shame.
Apparently, free enterprise sucks these days, it's got to be organised to death by Junior Achievement or the Ruritan Club, or it just doesn't happen.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#86 Jul 18, 2011
most don't go door to door , because MOM/POP sell them

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#87 Jul 18, 2011
Oldtimer wrote:
Girl Scout Cookies? Not any more (sigh). Just try and find some. And, no, they haven't gone door-to-door in years: a damn shame.
Apparently, free enterprise sucks these days, it's got to be organised to death by Junior Achievement or the Ruritan Club, or it just doesn't happen.
The Girl Scouts sell their cookies at the malls...and at entrances of local stores...
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#88 Jul 18, 2011
Bought some dose-does last year from a hooker.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Level 7

London, England

#89 Jul 18, 2011
Girl Scout Cookies have made America obese!

Location hidden

#90 Jul 18, 2011
reza june wrote:
Now, you cannot blame that on the Girl Scouts...they cannot force anyone to eat those cookies...the responsibilty is on each person...

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#91 Jul 18, 2011
Oldtimer wrote:
They do where I live. I think in February.

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#92 Jul 18, 2011
The Monkey wrote:
Bought some dose-does last year from a hooker.
When I was a cub scout I ate a brownie!

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Level 7

London, England

#93 Jul 18, 2011
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you cannot blame that on the Girl Scouts...they cannot force anyone to eat those cookies...the responsibilty is on each person...
But! But! Those minty ones are sooo good.
When it comes to cookies I leave the responsibility to others - in fact I'm thinking of suing the Girl Scouts.

Location hidden

#94 Jul 18, 2011
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
But! But! Those minty ones are sooo good.
When it comes to cookies I leave the responsibility to others - in fact I'm thinking of suing the Girl Scouts.
Just a little bit of FYI...Keebler Grasshopper cookies are the same at the Girl Scout Mint...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#95 Jul 18, 2011
reza june wrote:
That and about 10 billion Big Macs.

Level 6

Location hidden

#96 Jul 25, 2011
common sense wrote:
<quoted text> problem is that Georgia is a Republican state......so it must be all of them liberal republicans.....lol
64% of the voters in Midway, GA voted democrat.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Level 7

London, England

#97 Jul 25, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
64% of the voters in Midway, GA voted democrat.
Who do you think they're going to vote for the next time, surely not the Mad hatters of the Tea-Party?

Level 6

Location hidden

#98 Jul 25, 2011
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think they're going to vote for the next time, surely not the Mad hatters of the Tea-Party?
I'm not speculating.

Will say this though, a couple of Democrats in congress are calling for someone to run against Obama in a primary. Doesn't say much for how he is perceived in his own party.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Level 7

London, England

#101 Jul 25, 2011
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not speculating.
Will say this though, a couple of Democrats in congress are calling for someone to run against Obama in a primary. Doesn't say much for how he is perceived in his own party.
Yeah but those Democrats are more pro big government than Obama.

Level 8

Plum, Purplonia

#102 Jul 25, 2011
Chip Westhoven wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids should have been selling weed, or their parents' pain pills...They'd have been ignored by the cops then.
Right, because nobody sets up a drug stand. Maybe if they used the same model to sell lemonade, nobody would have bothered them. Do the business over the phone, and have them to either come over and get it, or you drop it off at their location.

Hee

“Yes I am”

Level 3

Since: Sep 10

HRP

#103 Jul 25, 2011
Lemonaide? Disgusting. Now if it was a nice blood bank, that's different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 min wichita-rick 19,905
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 2 min wichita-rick 2,452
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 min TheJerseyDevil 5,290
News Donald Trumpa s bizarre California GOP conventi... 9 min Tea 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min wichita-rick 189,095
What is your favorite Ice Cream Flavor? 16 min Northbound 12
Post any FOUR words 18 min andet1987 508
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 25 min TheJerseyDevil 1,719
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr andet1987 1,981
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 144,050