Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13753 Aug 18, 2014
7 Cardinal Rules For Life

1.Make peace with your past...So it won’t disturb your present
2.What other people think of you...Is none of your business
3.Time heals almost everything...Give it time
4.No one is in charge...Of your happiness but you
5.Don’t compare your life to others..And don’t judge them, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
6.Stop thinking too much...It’s alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it
7.Smile...You don’t own all of the problems in the world

“please drop some $$ in that”

Since: Jun 08

...Salvation Army bucket...

#13754 Aug 18, 2014
"If people concentrated on what was really important, there would be a shortage off fishin' poles....."

i read it in a tackle catalog

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#13755 Aug 18, 2014
“You're only given a little spark of madness. Don't lose it.”
― Robin Williams

#13756 Aug 18, 2014
"I'm not against the police; I'm just afraid of them."

Alfred Hitchcock

“Happy Holidays”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#13758 Aug 18, 2014
"When a bird hits your window, have you ever wondered if God is playing Angry Birds with you?"

~unknown

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13760 Aug 19, 2014
If you hold back on the emotions - if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them you can never get to being detached, you're too busy being afraid. You're afraid of the pain, you're afraid of the grief. You're afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails. But by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even ,you experience them fully and completely You know what pain is. You know what love is. You know what grief is. And only then can you say, "Alright I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment.~ Mitch Albom

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#13761 Aug 19, 2014
“The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.”

Bertrand Russell

#13762 Aug 19, 2014
"Go often to the house of thy friend, for the weeds soon choke the unused path."

Scandinavian proverb

“Happy Holidays”

#13763 Aug 19, 2014
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I, or are the others crazy?"

~Albert Einstein

“Happy Holidays”

#13764 Aug 19, 2014
"Don’t steal, don’t lie, don’t cheat, don’t sell drugs. The Government hates competition!"

~?

[....but oh so true]

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13765 Aug 20, 2014
Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today, it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above. ~ Gia Carangi
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13766 Aug 20, 2014
I realize there is tremendous interest in the facts of the incident that led to Michael Brown’s death, but I ask for the public’s patience as we conduct this investigation. The selective release of sensitive information that we have seen in this case so far is troubling to me.

Eric Holder

#13767 Aug 20, 2014
"We can't all be heroes. Some of us have to stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by...."

Will Rogers

“Happy Holidays”

#13768 Aug 20, 2014
I just Googled “what do women REALLY want?”.... my computer crashed.

~fq

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13769 Aug 21, 2014
Transform your thoughts and embrace love as a way of life. Your souls dance is one of great joy and by acknowledging its beauty you foster the awakening spirit and create positive outcomes in all aspects of life. The essence of being alive is to live like you mean it and transform limiting beliefs. By doing so you inspire the heart which will in return guide you along a path of bliss to a happy and passionate life.~ Micheal Teal

#13770 Aug 21, 2014
"Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."

Charles Kuralt

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13771 Aug 22, 2014
Fame or integrity: which is more important? Money or happiness: which is more valuable? Success or failure: which is more destructive? If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never truly be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.~ Lao Tzu

#13774 Aug 22, 2014
"We always take credit for the good and attribute the bad to fortune."

Charles Kuralt

(sounds kinda familiar.....)
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13775 Aug 22, 2014
My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan

#13776 Aug 23, 2014
"But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret."

Ronald Reagan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Tom2Tone 152,438
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min The Dude 132,276
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 19 min NotaGoth 1,727
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 21 min NotaGoth 138,325
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 22 min Sublime1 7,532
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 27 min Analog man 77,648
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 27 min Sublime1 25,559
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr _Evil-_-Bill_ 118
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr _hellbilly_ 177
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Harrison Freebird 83