Location hidden

#13586 Jul 25, 2014
He that lays with dogs, catches fleas..

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13587 Jul 25, 2014
All personal achievement starts in the mind of the individual. Your personal achievement starts in your mind. the first step is to know exactly what your problem, goal or desire is. If you're not clear about this, then write it down, and rewrite it until the words express precisely what you are after. Every disadvantage has an equivalent advantage - if you'll take the trouble to find it. Learn to do that and you'll kick the stuffing out of adversity every time. ~ W. Clement Stone

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#13588 Jul 25, 2014
for the creatives…

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who'll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you're sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that's almost never the case."

~ Chuck Close
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#13590 Jul 25, 2014
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said,'I'm going to mop the floor with your face.' I said,'You'll be sorry.' He said,'Oh, yeah? Why?' I said,'Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.'

~Emo Phillips~

“..i can't STAND her....and”

Since: Jun 08

...i don't want him..WTF?.....

#13591 Jul 25, 2014
"Our society's values are being corrupted by advertising's insistence on the equation: Youth equals popularity, popularity equals success, success equals happiness."

John Arbuthnot Fisher
Parden Pard

Catasauqua, PA

#13592 Jul 25, 2014
If your a creep,,? Your probably looking for some-one dumber than you,,,,-my dad

#13593 Jul 25, 2014
"The carping and bickering of political factions in the nation's capital reminds me of two pelicans quarreling over a dead fish.'

William Sherman

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#13594 Jul 25, 2014
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
Ben Franklin

#13595 Jul 25, 2014
"It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation.

William Sherman
mary

Reading, PA

#13596 Jul 26, 2014
Martin Luther King

I have a dream

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#13597 Jul 26, 2014
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

John K. Galbraith

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#13598 Jul 26, 2014
Don't expect anyone to
understand your Journey,,
especially if they've never
walked In your path..

#13599 Jul 26, 2014
"The upward course of a nation's history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women."

Elizabeth II

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13600 Jul 28, 2014
The universe is waiting on you, not the other way around, and it's going to keep waiting until you finally make up your mind. Waiting for clarity is like being a sculptor staring at a piece of marble, waiting for the statue within to cast off the unneeded pieces. Do not wait for clarity to spontaneously materialize -- grab a chisel and get busy!~ Steve Pavlina
fancy pants

New Bern, NC

#13601 Jul 28, 2014
Friends are like flowers in your garden. You always pick the best ones.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#13602 Jul 28, 2014
A mind is like a parachute.
It doesn't work,
If it is not open..

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#13603 Jul 28, 2014
If ya are gonna gamble ..Play to Win!!

“Rope Swingin'”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#13604 Jul 28, 2014
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”

Plato

#13605 Jul 28, 2014
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!"

Marvin the Martian

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 3 min SweLL GirL 13,727
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 5 min SweLL GirL 3,754
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Grace Nerissa 59,898
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 7 min Poppyann 3,889
2words into 2new words (May '12) 8 min Poppyann 3,866
True False Game (Jun '11) 11 min SweLL GirL 12,659
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 15 min SweLL GirL 8,368
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 197,721
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 33,279
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 19,849
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 3 hr Sparky 665
More from around the web