Interesting Quotes
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#13504 Jul 14, 2014
Old Sam wrote:
"I'm not raising your kids. I raised my kids, and you can raise yours....."
my mother to my sister-in-law
Well played Sir, and right behind my post to boot...

~The Instigator~
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#13505 Jul 14, 2014
“If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.”

~Dave Barry~

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13506 Jul 14, 2014
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess they have planned for you? Not much."

Jim Rohn

“Clinton or Trump?”

Since: Jun 08

...i hope they both lose....

#13507 Jul 14, 2014
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."

Mark Twain

......works with skunks, too.........

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#13508 Jul 14, 2014
After you have a child most of the people trying to give you advice about how to raise them,either have NO children or ROTTEN ones. signed experienced:)

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#13509 Jul 14, 2014
Those who talk the most, usually have the least to say.

~Ambrose ''Bitter'' Bierce
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13510 Jul 15, 2014
"I never, ever cheated [in medical school]. I don't condone cheating. But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important."

Rand Paul

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13511 Jul 15, 2014
You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you. ~ Sarah Ban Breathnack

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13512 Jul 15, 2014
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters."

Alan K. Simpson

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#13513 Jul 15, 2014
Tell your own story, and you will be interesting. Don't get the green disease of envy. Don't be fooled by success or money. Don't let anything come between you and your work.

Louise Bourgeois (artist)

http://sala17.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/ngc...

Enzo49

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#13515 Jul 15, 2014
Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13516 Jul 16, 2014
I think there is something, more important than believing: Action! The world is full of dreamers, there aren't enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision.~ W. Clement Stone

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13517 Jul 16, 2014
"I'll promise to go easier on drinking and to get to bed earlier, but not for you, fifty thousand dollars, or two-hundred and fifty thousand dollars will I give up women. They're too much fun."

Babe Ruth

Level 9

#13518 Jul 17, 2014
Dishonesty is all about the small acts we take and then think,¨ No, this is not really cheating.¨ So if you think that the main mechanism is rationalization, then what you come up with, and that's what we find, is that we're basically trying to balance feeling good about ourselves.

~Dan Ariely

Level 9

#13519 Jul 17, 2014
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.

~Mark Twain

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13520 Jul 17, 2014
Your soul is oftentimes a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgment wage war against passion and your appetite...Your reason and your passion are the rudder and the sails of your seafaring soul. If either your sails or your rudder be broken, you can but toss and drift, or else be held at a standstill in mid-seas. For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction...rest in reason and move in passion.~ Kahlil Gibran

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13521 Jul 17, 2014
“Today we fight. Tomorrow we fight. The day after, we fight. And if this disease plans on whipping us, it better bring a lunch,'cause it's gonna have a long day doing it.”
~Jim Beaver, Life's That Way: A Memoir

For My Friend battling cancer, that dr.'s say," You just have to let it take her."

Level 9

Location hidden

#13522 Jul 17, 2014
“It’s probably my job to tell you life isn’t fair, but I figure you already know that. So instead, I’ll tell you that hope is precious, and you’re right not to give up.”
~ C.J. Redwine, Defiance

Level 9

Location hidden

#13523 Jul 17, 2014
“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”
~Bob Marley

Level 9

Location hidden

#13524 Jul 17, 2014
“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.”
~Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Blitzking 201,789
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Northbound 58,243
Word association (Jun '07) 5 min Dont_You_Dare 4,830
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 6 min Bezeer 25,462
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min Bezeer 19,337
Word Association (Mar '10) 8 min Bezeer 20,688
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Bezeer 18,532
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Northbound 194,814
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Lucy the First 7,901
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr Northbound 8,540