Interesting Quotes

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13466 Jul 9, 2014
Mindset is half the battle.

It’s okay to have down days and tough times. Expecting life to be wonderful all the time is wanting to swim in an ocean in which waves only rise up and never come crashing down. However, when you recognize that the rising and crashing waves are part of the exact same ocean, you are able to let go and be at peace with the reality of these ups and downs. It becomes clear that life’s ups require life’s downs.
In other words, life isn’t perfect, but it sure is good. Our goal shouldn’t be to create a perfect life, but to live an imperfect life in radical amazement. To get up every morning and take a good look around in a way that takes nothing for granted. Everything is extraordinary. Every day is a gift. Never treat life casually. To be spiritual in any way is to be amazed in every way.

Do not let the pain of a situation make you hopeless. Do not let negativity wear off on you. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Even though others may disagree with you, take pride in the fact that you still know the world to be a beautiful place. Change your thoughts and you change your reality.

And mindset is especially powerful when it comes to accepting that…

Unknown
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13467 Jul 9, 2014
I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.

Adolf Hitler

“HEY! Who voted for Jared”

Since: Jun 08

Kushner? No One? Thot so.....

#13468 Jul 9, 2014
"Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate. Now what's going to happen to us with both a House and a Senate?"

Will Rogers
Ozzie

Lafayette, CA

#13470 Jul 9, 2014
“Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.”
― Dalai Lama

peace.

~Oz

#13471 Jul 9, 2014
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."

P. J. O'Rourke
Ozzie

Lafayette, CA

#13472 Jul 9, 2014
"Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians - you are not like him."

~Mahatma Gandhi

"transpire to be who you are not."

~Oz
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13473 Jul 9, 2014
Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction.

Adolf Hitler

#13474 Jul 9, 2014
"Like any young person, I do what I want."

Anna Kournikova
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13475 Jul 9, 2014
Old Sam wrote:
"Like any young person, I do what I want."
Anna Kournikova
“Youth is wasted on the young.”
― Oscar Wilde

#13476 Jul 9, 2014
"You don't think people would go on about my looks if I was No. 500 in the world instead of No.12, do you? Anyway, as I keep telling everyone, you can't blame me for looking like this on purpose."

Anna Kournikova

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13477 Jul 10, 2014
You are growing through experience.

Over time you will find that life isn’t necessarily any easier or harder than you thought it was going to be; it’s just that the easy and the hard aren’t exactly the way you had anticipated, and don’t always occur when you expect them to. This isn’t a bad thing; it makes life interesting. With a positive attitude you will always be pleasantly surprised.

When you stop expecting things to be a certain way, you can appreciate them for what they are. Ultimately you will realize that life’s greatest gifts are rarely wrapped the way you expected.

Experience is what you get when your plans don’t go as planned, and experience is the most valuable commodity you own – it builds your strength.

You have the power to turn your wounds and worries into wisdom; you just have to do something about them. You have to accept what has happened and use what you’ve learned to step forward. Everything you’ve experienced has given you the upper hand for dealing with everything you have yet to experience. Realize this and set yourself free.~ Unknown

#13478 Jul 10, 2014
"Hey, my butt is big but it isn't fat! It is attractive."

Anna Kournikova
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13479 Jul 10, 2014
Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.

Hitler

#13480 Jul 10, 2014
"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."

Anna Kournikova

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13481 Jul 11, 2014
The present is all you really have to deal with.

Life is not lived in some distant, imagined land of someday where everything is perfect. It is lived here and now, with the reality of the way things are. Yes, by all means you can work toward an idealized tomorrow. Yet to do so, you must successfully deal with the world as it is today.

Sometimes we avoid experiencing exactly where we are because we have developed a belief, based on past experiences, that it is not where we should be or want to be. But the truth is, where you are now is exactly where you need to be to get to where you want to go tomorrow. So appreciate where you are.

Your friends and family are too beautiful to ignore. Take a moment to remember how fortunate you are to be breathing. Take a look around, with your eyes earnestly open to the possibilities before you. Much of what you fear does not exist. Much of what you love is closer than you realize. You are just one brief thought away from understanding the blessing that is your life.

Happiness is a mindset that can only be designed into the present. It’s not a point in the future or a moment from the past; yet sadly, this misconception hurts the masses. So many young people seem to think all their happiness awaits them in the years ahead, while so many older people believe their best moments are behind them. Don’t be either of them. Don’t let the past and the future steal your present.

www.expandedconsciousness.com
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#13482 Jul 11, 2014
“The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.”

~Dave Barry~

#13483 Jul 11, 2014
"I'm not raising your kids. I raised my kids, and you can raise yours....."

my mother to my sister-in-law
Ozzie

Lafayette, CA

#13484 Jul 11, 2014
“The first draft of anything is sh..it.”
― Ernest Hemingway

#13485 Jul 11, 2014
"I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best."

Walt Whitman
Ozzie

Lafayette, CA

#13486 Jul 11, 2014
"dogs never bite me.. just humans."

Marilyn Monroe..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 4 min cjt12 592
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 4 min Alyssa76 9,107
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 25 min Crazy Jae 553
leave me alone 27 min Crazy Jae 2
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 29 min Crazy Jae 5,711
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 31 min Crazy Jae 20,882
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min Crazy Jae 5,346
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 35 min T Bone 4,626
Which Poster Are You Thinking About Right Now? 1 hr cjt12 23
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Ohio Sam aka SNAF... 76,676