Interesting Quotes

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#13259 Jun 15, 2014
I love those who can smile in time of trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.'Tis the business of little minds to shrink and judge, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience is clear and approves their conduct, will hold and pursue their principles to death.

~~Leonardo da Vinci

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13260 Jun 16, 2014
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. ~ Steve Jobs

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#13261 Jun 16, 2014
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame"

Benjamin Franklin
Galileo

Miami, FL

#13262 Jun 16, 2014
One should never speak to what they "Think" they know. A good physician will first know the disease before the amputation. If it is the leg that needs amputated what good is done by lopping off the head.

“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.”

“..she was the ONLY person..”

Since: Jun 08

...Trump could have beat.....

#13263 Jun 16, 2014
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Albert Pike

#13264 Jun 16, 2014
"I am your son. I have always been your son...."

Tyrion Lannister
bill

Owensboro, KY

#13265 Jun 16, 2014
"My fellow Americans, I've just signed legislation outlawing Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Ronald Reagan

Level 9

#13266 Jun 16, 2014
You can hear the wind blow but you can't see it.

~~ My Uncle Buck

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13267 Jun 17, 2014
“[in the true mad north] of introspection,
where 'falcons of the inner eye'
dive and die, glimpsing in their
dying fall, all life's memory of existence.”

― Lawrence Ferlinghetti,( A Coney Island of the Mind )

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13268 Jun 17, 2014
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the full light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do, is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny...it is the light that guides your way. ~ Heraclitus Ephesus

#13269 Jun 17, 2014
"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers We are the president."

Hilary Rodham Clinton
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#13270 Jun 17, 2014
The good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas only where there are democratically elected regimes friendly to the United States.

Dick Cheney

#13271 Jun 17, 2014
"I just don't trust a man unless his pecker is my pocket."

LBJ

Level 9

#13272 Jun 17, 2014
The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be it's prisoner either.

~~ Mick Jagger

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13273 Jun 18, 2014
Don't become weary in doing good. If we are patient, we can experience the change of heart we seek. For most of us this will require only a slight change of course, sending us toward true north. The adjustments we must make are in those 'small things,' but that does not mean they are easy. Too many forces are confusing our compass. But the pull to the polar star is one we recognize. It is the direction toward home.~ Unknown

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13274 Jun 18, 2014
“It's like practicing pole vaulting your entire life, and then getting to the olympics and saying,‘what the hell did I want to jump over this stupid bar for?”
― Stephen King

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13275 Jun 18, 2014
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.

Albert Einstein

Level 9

#13276 Jun 18, 2014
If Lincoln were alive today he'd be turning over in his grave.

I'm a Ford, not a Lincoln.

~ Gerald Ford

#13277 Jun 18, 2014
"The First Lady is an unpaid public servant elected by one person - her husband."

Lady Bird Johnson

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13278 Jun 19, 2014
Listen to what your higher wisdom has to say about how you can deepen your participation in the global shift--through personal healing, changing your worldview, or finding ways to help others and the environment. This is how you can both heal yourself and help humanity. At their deepest level, the two are joined and ready to awaken to a new world.~ Edmund Bourne

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 3 min andet1987 14,549
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 10 min Princess Hey 14,001
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min North Mountain 223,362
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr revilot2 9,370
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr revilot2 6,571
News 'It's just really strange': Who is beheading th... 1 hr 9rivers 5
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 8,798
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 hr wichita-rick 230,064