London, GB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

Judged:

I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice.

Ė Charles Darwin, letter to Asa Gray, May 22, 1860

“...the wife wants a new car...”

Since: Jun 08

...and she's doin' research...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

Judged:

"The test of good manners is to be able to put up pleasantly with bad ones."

Wendell L. Willkie
bill

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

Judged:

Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive been telling them in another thread that Al Gore is the poster child for Global warming,thanks for proving my point bill! And no rage on my part at all, peace to you all... no matter your beliefs on any subject.
The Instigator
Al Gore was the poster child for global warming until the climate deniers attacked him like a pack of rabid wild dogs.
bill

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

Judged:

As human beings, we are vulnerable to confusing the unprecedented with the improbable. In our everyday experience, if something has never happened before, we are generally safe in assuming it is not going to happen in the future, but the exceptions can kill you and climate change is one of those exceptions.

Al Gore

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Judged:

You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control. ~ Elizabeth Gilbert

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Judged:

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

Felix Frankfurter

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

The supreme courage of life is the courage of the soul. It is living, day by day, sincerely, steadfastly, serenely,-despite all opinions, all obstacles, all opposition. It means the wine of inspiration comes from the crushed grapes of our sorrows. This courage makes the simplest life, great; it makes the greatest life-sublime. It means the royal dignity of fine individual living. ~ William Jordan

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
~ Maya Angelou

REST IN PEACE

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
Maya Angelou

A very interesting woman!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Maya Angelou
Instigator

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

"During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Al Gore
Instigator

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

I should really stop the banter with bill on this thread about Al Gore. Knowing that all of his jet fumes, luxurious cars, and his $1,359 a month (holy crap) electric bill for his 10,000 square ft. mansion has done more harm to our environment than I could in 10 lifetimes. But I still gotta give him points for inventing the internet.

The Instigator

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA Lady..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option."

~Maya Angelou

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Judged:

Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud

Maya Angelou
bill

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

The day I made that statement, about the inventing the internet, I was tired because I'd been up all night inventing the Camcorder.

Al Gore

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Judged:

My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.~ Maya Angelou

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Judged:

~ MAYA ANGELOU~

If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path!

I deal very little in facts, facts can obscure the truth, you can tell so many facts you never get to the truth, you can tell the places where, the people who, the times when, the reasons why, and never get to the human truth which is love and pain and loss and triumph.

TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL
We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.
Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls
We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Judged:

"There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing."

Maya Angelou

...yeah....real cynicism takes time.........

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Judged:

You canít let people scare you. You canít go your whole life trying to please everyone else. You canít go through life worried about everyone else is going to think. Whether itís your hair, clothes, what you have to say, how you feel, what you believe and what you have. You canít let the judgement of others stop you from being you. Because, if you do, youíre no longer you. Youíre someone everyone else wants you to be. ~ Unknown

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Judged:

If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?
W. Somerset Maugham

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,601 - 12,620 of13,001
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••