Orion's Belt

#13114 May 16, 2014
"you get back what you give"

Simply_ Red

“Clinton or Trump?”

Since: Jun 08

...i hope they both lose....

#13115 May 16, 2014
'The privilege of absurdity; to which no living creature is subject, but man only."

Thomas Hobbes
bill

Owensboro, KY

#13116 May 17, 2014
The tendency to aggression is an innate, independent, instinctual disposition in man... it constitutes the powerful obstacle to culture.

Civilized society is perpetually menaced with disintegration through this primary hostility of men towards one another.

It is impossible to overlook the extent to which civilization is built upon a renunciation of instinct.

Sigmund Freud

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13117 May 17, 2014
"Sometimes I think if I had the same body and the same natural ability and someone else's brain, who knows how good a player I might have been."

Mickey Mantle
bill

Owensboro, KY

#13119 May 19, 2014
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

George Burns

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13120 May 19, 2014
"When traveling with someone, take large does of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee."

Helen Hayes

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#13121 May 19, 2014
"Fit yourself for the best society, and then, never enter it." ~ John Ruskin

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#13122 May 20, 2014
Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.
Honore de Balzac

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13123 May 20, 2014
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Groucho Marx

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13124 May 21, 2014
Let the magic happen. It's always there. Abundance and love are always there. Believe in the highest good. There is a higher essence to everything. The realm you're in has a heaviness that mutes energy. You can penetrate through it, no matter how dark and heavy. Sometimes it has nothing to do with karma. Just don't forget to keep it open. Don't get too bogged down, don't limit the brightness. Reach through the dark energy and grab it. You might see the smoke coming out of the chimney and you'll even see the smoky sky. You need to reach through the smoke and bring the light to you. Remember the possibilities of something greater then are right here. Be willing to go to the lightness. Don't feed off what is not right in the world. ~ Lena Lees

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#13125 May 21, 2014
No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
Alexander Pope
bill

Owensboro, KY

#13126 May 21, 2014
Generally young men are regarded as radicals. This is a popular misconception. The most conservative persons I ever met are college undergraduates. The radicals are the men past middle life.

Woodrow Wilson

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13127 May 21, 2014
"When you are young and conservative, you have no heart. When you are old and liberal, you have no head."

Winston Churchill

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13128 May 22, 2014
It’s not about how to achieve your dreams. It’s about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you. ~ Randy Pausch

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13129 May 22, 2014
“Life in itself is sufficient, self-explanatory and complete.”

― Carlos Castaneda

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#13130 May 22, 2014
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Arthur Conan Doyle

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#13131 May 22, 2014
Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.
Arthur Conan Doyle

It's too late for me. I have many useless facts and never where the car keys went :)
bill

Owensboro, KY

#13132 May 22, 2014
A conservative believes nothing should be done for the first time.
Thomas Fuller

A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'
William F. Buckley, Jr.

A conservative is a fellow who thinks a rich man should have a square deal.
Frank Dane

A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly sits.
Woodrow Wilson

A conservative is a man who will not look at the new moon out of respect for that "ancient institution" the old one.
Douglas Jerrold

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
Leo Rosten

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother when in doubt.
Woodrow Wilson

A liberal is a conservative who has been arrested.
Tom Wolfe

“Clinton or Trump?”

#13133 May 22, 2014
"Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate, now what's going to happen to us with both a House and a Senate?"

Will Rogers

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#13134 May 23, 2014
Find thoughts that feel good, because it is inevitable that you are going to always be moving toward something. So why not be moving toward something that is pleasing? You can't cease to vibrate, and Law of Attraction will not stop responding to the vibration that you are offering. So, expansion is inevitable. You provide it, whether you know you do, or not. The only question is, what is the standard of joy that you are demanding for yourself? From your Nonphysical perspective, it's a high, high standard.~ Abraham Hicks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 2 min Dont_You_Dare 2,612
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 3 min Dont_You_Dare 82,302
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 4 min Dont_You_Dare 11,693
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Northbound 58,011
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 5 min Dont_You_Dare 3,634
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 6 min Dont_You_Dare 6,094
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min Dont_You_Dare 13,741
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min Northbound 194,065
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 41 min Ferrerman 4
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 2 hr Sam 8,406