Since: Jun 08

....eating my yard.....

#13033 May 7, 2014
"Greater love hath no man than to attend the Episcopal Church with his wife."

Lyndon B. Johnson
8baller

Owensboro, KY

#13034 May 8, 2014
Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides.

Margaret Thatcher

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13035 May 8, 2014
The Magic Of Love

Love is like magic
And it always will be.
For love still remains
Life's sweet mystery!!
Love works in ways
That are wondrous and strange
And there's nothing in life
That love cannot change!!
Love can transform
The most commonplace
Into beauty and splendor
And sweetness and grace.
Love is unselfish,
Understanding and kind,
For it sees with its heart
And not with its mind!!
Love is the answer
That everyone seeks...
Love is the language,
That every heart speaks.
Love can't be bought,
It is priceless and free,
Love, like pure magic,
Is life's sweet mystery!!
~ Helen Steiner Rice ~

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13036 May 8, 2014
You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in. ~ Mandy Hale

“...the catfish are....”

....eating my yard.....

#13037 May 8, 2014
"Adversity has ever been considered the state in which a man most easily becomes acquainted with himself."

Samuel Johnson
Instigator

Bridgeport, NY

#13038 May 8, 2014
“I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house.”

Lewis Grizzard

“...the catfish are....”

....eating my yard.....

#13039 May 8, 2014
"Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not."

Samuel Johnson

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13040 May 9, 2014
I will greet this day with love in my heart. For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Muscles can split a shield and even destroy life itself but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of man. And until I master this act I will remain no more than a peddler in the marketplace. I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend upon its force...my love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day. ~ Og Mandino

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#13041 May 9, 2014
The most useless are those who never change through the years.
James M. Barrie

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#13042 May 9, 2014
Everytime a child says 'I don't believe in fairies' there is a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James M. Barrie
8baller

Owensboro, KY

#13043 May 9, 2014
“The ancient tradition that the world will be consumed in fire at the end of six thousand years is true, as I have heard from Hell.

For the cherub with his flaming sword is hereby commanded to leave his guard at tree of life, and when he does, the whole creation will be consumed.”

― William Blake
8baller

Owensboro, KY

#13044 May 9, 2014
“Progress is born of doubt and inquiry. The Church never doubts, never inquires. To doubt is heresy, to inquire is to admit that you do not know—the Church does neither.”

Robert G. Ingersoll

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#13045 May 9, 2014
“It is better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride.”

John Ruskin

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#13046 May 9, 2014
Come Sunday, am wishing all the mother's out there a wonderful day.
Love your mom...no matter what. Some day you will miss her very much ...as I will mine this Mother's day.
With heart. DC

"“When God Created Mothers"

When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said. "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And God said, "Have you read the specs on this order?" She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts...all replaceable. Run on black coffee and leftovers. Have a lap that disappears when she stands up. A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head slowly and said. "Six pairs of hands.... no way."

It's not the hands that are causing me problems," God remarked, "it's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have."

That's on the standard model?" asked the angel. God nodded.

One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks,'What are you kids doing in there?' when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say.'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word."

God," said the angel touching his sleeve gently, "Get some rest tomorrow...."

I can't," said God, "I'm so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick...can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger...and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower."

The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed.

But tough!" said God excitedly. "You can imagine what this mother can do or endure."

Can it think?"

Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise," said the Creator.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.

There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told You that You were trying to put too much into this model."

It's not a leak," said the Lord, "It's a tear."

What's it for?"

It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride."

You are a genius, " said the angel.

Somberly, God said, "I didn't put it there.”
― Erma Bombeck, When God Created Mothers"

“Don't Tease My Rooster”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

It Makes Him Cocky

#13047 May 9, 2014
DC tells it like it is wrote:
Come Sunday, am wishing all the mother's out there a wonderful day.
Love your mom...no matter what. Some day you will miss her very much ...as I will mine this Mother's day.
With heart. DC
"“When God Created Mothers"
When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said. "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."
And God said, "Have you read the specs on this order?" She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts...all replaceable. Run on black coffee and leftovers. Have a lap that disappears when she stands up. A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands."
The angel shook her head slowly and said. "Six pairs of hands.... no way."
It's not the hands that are causing me problems," God remarked, "it's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have."
That's on the standard model?" asked the angel. God nodded.
One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks,'What are you kids doing in there?' when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say.'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word."
God," said the angel touching his sleeve gently, "Get some rest tomorrow...."
I can't," said God, "I'm so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick...can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger...and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower."
The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed.
But tough!" said God excitedly. "You can imagine what this mother can do or endure."
Can it think?"
Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise," said the Creator.
Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.
There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told You that You were trying to put too much into this model."
It's not a leak," said the Lord, "It's a tear."
What's it for?"
It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride."
You are a genius, " said the angel.
Somberly, God said, "I didn't put it there.”
― Erma Bombeck, When God Created Mothers"
A very special wish for you DC this mother's day, hope it's filled with sunshine, smiles and fond memories.

(Hope all is well, you've been missed by many around here)

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#13048 May 9, 2014
SLY WEST wrote:
<quoted text>
A very special wish for you DC this mother's day, hope it's filled with sunshine, smiles and fond memories.
(Hope all is well, you've been missed by many around here)
Say baby, thank you.~hugs~
I couldn't let a special day go by without a quote to go with it.

(all well, am working on taking over my son's puppy. I so love the d@mn thing)
Have a wonderful weekend.

~turns the thread back over to quotes~

“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
Mark Twain

“...the catfish are....”

....eating my yard.....

#13049 May 9, 2014
"There are few things that we so unwillingly give up, even in advanced age, as the supposition that we still have the power of ingratiating ourselves with the fair sex."

Samuel Johnson

Level 9

Location hidden

#13050 May 10, 2014
“May Light always surround you;
Hope kindle and rebound you.
May your Hurts turn to Healing;
Your Heart embrace Feeling.
May Wounds become Wisdom;
Every Kindness a Prism.
May Laughter infect you;
Your Passion resurrect you.
May Goodness inspire
your Deepest Desires.
Through all that you Reach For,
May your arms Never Tire.”
~ D. Simone

Level 9

Location hidden

#13051 May 10, 2014
“Why do we always begin to think about people when they die? I think we should think about people while they're still alive! That way, they can know that we're thinking about them! I always tell people when I'm thinking about them, or that I thought about them, or that I have been thinking about them and it almost always scares them away, but so what, I am practicing the art of life and if that is frightening to them then maybe they need to start living while they're still alive!”
~ C. JoyBell C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 41,671
The N-word: (Jul '14) 9 min UnderstandPeople 338
News Woman uses obituary to say Brady innocent in 'D... 10 min Goodells manipula... 9
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,017
News Guy Who Wanted Change for $100 Accidentally Win... 10 min UnderstandPeople 5
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 20 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,934
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 28,859
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 162,883
I Like..... (Mar '14) 3 hr UnderstandPeople 998
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 3 hr SLY WEST 186
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr NinaRocks 18,224
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,712
More from around the web