Columbus, OH

#12997 May 1, 2014
Arthur Conan Doyle

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12998 May 1, 2014
Making others happy, through kindness of speech and sincerity of right advice, is a sign of true greatness. To hurt another soul by sarcastic words, looks, or suggestions, is despicable. Sarcasm draws out the rebellious spirit and anger in the wrongdoer. Loving suggestions bring out the repentance in him. Repentance consists in thoroughly understanding one's own error and in abandoning it. Friendship is pure by nature. When you have a lily in your hands, how can you crush it? When you love a person dearly, how can you hurt him, even though he may be wrong? Divine love is unlimited and infinite. When two or more persons are friends always, no matter what happens, that is an expression of divine love, of divine friendship.~ Paramahansa Yogananda

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#12999 May 1, 2014
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -Martin Luther King, Jr.~

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#13000 May 1, 2014
Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.

Phyllis Diller

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#13001 May 1, 2014
“Let’s take it slow because some of the good things in life are worthy of reverence and appreciation. Let’s take it slow because what we have is like a cross-country ride, where all the breathtaking scenes must be breathed in and stared at with wonder. Let’s take it slow because getting to know you is like a trip to a museum where things, both wonderful and gruesome, are waiting to be discovered. Let’s take it slow because some things are best done at a leisurely pace — the slow dance, the first kiss, making love.”
― Nessie Q., Snippets of Imagery

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13002 May 1, 2014
“Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it.”
― Candace Bushnell, Sex and the City

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13003 May 1, 2014
“We’re all seeking that special person who is right for us. But if you’ve been through enough relationships, you begin to suspect there’s no right person, just different flavors of wrong. Why is this? Because you yourself are wrong in some way, and you seek out partners who are wrong in some complementary way. But it takes a lot of living to grow fully into your own wrongness. And it isn’t until you finally run up against your deepest demons, your unsolvable problems—the ones that make you truly who you are—that we’re ready to find a lifelong mate. Only then do you finally know what you’re looking for. You’re looking for the wrong person. But not just any wrong person: the right wrong person—someone you lovingly gaze upon and think,“This is the problem I want to have.”

I will find that special person who is wrong for me in just the right way.

Let our scars fall in lov

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13004 May 1, 2014
Previous quote by:― Galway Kinnell

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#13005 May 1, 2014
"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot."

Douglas Adams
charlie

Columbus, OH

#13006 May 1, 2014
By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

Socrates

“Political partisanship is....”

Since: Jun 08

"deplorable"...on both sides..

#13007 May 1, 2014
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

Samuel Adams

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13008 May 2, 2014
“Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13009 May 2, 2014
“Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong. Sometime in your life, you will have been all of these.”
― Gautama Buddha

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#13010 May 2, 2014
“How much can we ever know about the love and pain in another heart? How much can we hope to understand those who have suffered deeper anguish, greater deprivation, and more crushing disappointments than we ourselves have known?”
― Orhan Pamuk, Snow

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13011 May 2, 2014
So don't be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble, to fall, cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wish for... Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined...Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end... the journey is the destination. ~ Unknown
Anon

Boardman, OR

#13012 May 2, 2014
“God told me to strike at al-Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

George W Bush

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#13013 May 2, 2014
"They are having just as much fun on the other side of the fence
WITHOUT a beer in their hand"

A cpl. of ole boys I went to meetings with,referring to the fact most people are having that picnic,party,bbq & being social & smiling & are happy & BUT are not planning events around their alcohol consumption & can now recall what they did AND didn't p.o. someone else,& still have money & job on Mon. DUH!!!!!!!! eternally grateful. Rick

#13014 May 2, 2014
"Shazam, Shazam, Shazam!"

Gomer Pyle

"Deny! Deny! Deny!"

William Jefferson Clinton

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#13015 May 2, 2014
"No matter where you go, there you are."

used by Buckaroo Banzai in "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" (1984).

But *originally* comes from Confucious.
Very Zen. ;)

#13016 May 2, 2014
"The tragedy of life is not that man loses but that he almost wins."

Heywood Broun

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 73,345
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min dad1 220,544
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Black Rose 213,115
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 56 min Spotted Girl 6,839
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr tiger_-_dad 149,785
News Three drunk men opened a reservoir valve in Vie... 1 hr Spotted Girl 5
News Man Smashes Glass Door After Chicken Order Delayed 1 hr 07 Mustang 4
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr Real Finn 21,444
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 6 hr Real Finn 62
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 16 hr Spotted Girl 42