charlie

San Jose, CA

#12972 Apr 29, 2014
The art of leadership... consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention. - Adolph Hitler

“...all you new england folks..”

Since: Jun 08

..get ready, and hang on....

#12973 Apr 29, 2014
"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best."

Theodore Isaac Rubin
charlie

Columbus, OH

#12974 Apr 29, 2014
“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Cliven Bundy

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#12975 Apr 30, 2014
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

― Apple Inc.

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12976 Apr 30, 2014
Maintain one good friend who revels in telling you that you're full of hooey. When you get to the top of the heap, nothing you hear is true (or, at least the whole truth). Keeping things in perspective is very, very difficult. The difficulty is directly proportional to the size of the heap you're sitting atop.

The best defense is one good, no-bullshit buddy. It can be a spouse. It can be a college roommate you talk to three times a year. But somewhere, somehow, you've got to keep in touch with reality. A person who can laugh at you -- and making you laugh at yourself. When Roman senators addressed the masses, they'd have an underling stand behind them whose sole job it was to lean over and repeat: "Remember you're mortal."

Quite simply, no matter how hard you try, no matter how "open" you are, you'll end up surrounded by "yes people." It's hard not to believe people who are repeating your own ideas. Resist the temptation.~ Tom Peters

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#12977 Apr 30, 2014
“I do not take advice or listen to the words of hypocrites or beings that are not self-realized. It's nothing personal. I am simply no fan of beings that try to sound wise, while trying to mask their imbecility.”
― Lionel Suggs

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12978 Apr 30, 2014
“Its always hard to find out that a person you once considered a great friend has completely turned their back on you. Life is full of surprises, some good and some bad. From my experience, bumping into bad ones never gets easier, but you learn to expect it, learn from it, and move on. Thats the only thing we can do... is move on.”
― Hilda Yacoubian

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12979 Apr 30, 2014
“ Yes, Brooke, sometimes friends can get you into trouble. But a good friend will always come and to your rescue.”
― Gretchen Preston, More Valley Cats

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12980 Apr 30, 2014
“everyone keeps saying i've changed nah i've jus separated was real and was fake”
― blanco vandam

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#12981 Apr 30, 2014
"The trouble lies in the minds of men, and it is in enlightening the minds of men that the cure must be sought" ~ Bertrand Russell ~

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#12982 Apr 30, 2014
"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -Mahatma Ghandi ~
Ozie

Concord, CA

#12983 Apr 30, 2014

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#12984 Apr 30, 2014
"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.”–Franklin D. Roosevelt ~
Ozie

Concord, CA

#12985 Apr 30, 2014
“They're butterflies because...well, he thought it was cool. They eat humans.”

― Katsura Hoshino, D.Gray-man, Vol. 11

continue the struggle..

Always, Oz
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#12986 Apr 30, 2014
You stay safe, You love. You survive. You laugh and cry and struggle and sometimes you fail and sometimes you succeed. You Push.

~Carrie Ryan
charlie

Columbus, OH

#12987 Apr 30, 2014
Aristotle

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#12988 Apr 30, 2014
I feel alone and cold!

Spirit67

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12989 Apr 30, 2014
“Shoo. Away with you. It's my fault for expecting the extraordinary from the ordinary.”
― Donna Lynn Hope

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12990 Apr 30, 2014
“She says she's OK. She says she is fine. but underneath that smile is a broken heart”
― -anonymous

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12991 Apr 30, 2014
“Heaven doesn't ignore cries of a broken heart.”
― Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min The Dude 141,896
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min Judy 123 7,865
You can't name your kid 'Nutella' in France 17 min PFfff 1
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 18 min Judy 123 7,191
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 20 min Judy 123 77,956
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 23 min Judy 123 8,732
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 25 min Judy 123 2,488
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 32 min Shaddup 38,439
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 35 min PFfff 28,572
"man" words 35 min Judy 123 211