Interesting Quotes

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12560 Mar 11, 2014
"I'm always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I'm listening to it."

George Carlin

Level 9

Location hidden

#12561 Mar 11, 2014
"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."

Bertrand Russell

Level 9

Location hidden

#12562 Mar 11, 2014
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12563 Mar 11, 2014
"If my poetry aims to achieve anything, it's to deliver people from the limited ways in which they see and feel."

Jim Morrison

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#12564 Mar 11, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent people always find one.
~ Independent ~
:^`}
:D

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#12565 Mar 11, 2014
If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.
Douglas Adams

Location hidden

#12566 Mar 11, 2014
"Each of us has a Will of eternal import, necessarily related to everything that exists, and all our conscious desires are so many masks—one fixed expression concealing our infinite variety."

Aleister Crowley

Location hidden

#12567 Mar 11, 2014
"Our normal expectations about reality are created by a social consensus. We are taught how to see and understand the world. the trick of socialization is to convince us that the descriptions we agree upon define the limits of the real world. What we call reality is only one way of seeing the world, a way that is supported by social consensus."

Carlos Castaneda

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#12568 Mar 11, 2014
“Anyhow, she didn't care, that people called her a bitch.'It's just another word for feminist,' she told me with pride.”
&#8213; Gayle Forman, If I Stay

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12569 Mar 11, 2014
“No matter how many people believe or don’t believe in you, you must be
the ultimate believer in yourself!”
&#8213; Pablo

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12570 Mar 12, 2014
Being happy is the cornerstone of all that you are! Nothing is more important than that you feel good! And you have absolute and utter control about that because you can choose the thought that makes you worry or the thought that makes you happy; the things that thrill you, or the things that worry you. You have the choice in every moment.~ Abraham Hicks

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12571 Mar 12, 2014
“Don't waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.”
&#8213; Paulo Coelho

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12572 Mar 12, 2014
“There are two sides to every story, as if that explains and justifies everything! You know what I say when someone tells me that? I say well of course there are two sides to every story, and one side is WRONG!”
&#8213; Nikki Sex, Carmen's New York Romance Trilogy

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12573 Mar 12, 2014
“that there are many things that we cant understand. the past. the bad things that happened... and we become afraid. of what might happen in the future. its okay to be afraid. but we have to keep hoping and believeing... to keep hoping and trying our best to be good and do good. even when we're afraid”
&#8213; Nafisa Haji, The Writing on My Forehead

“...Life, Liberty, and the....”

Since: Jun 08

...Pursuit of Happiness....

#12574 Mar 12, 2014
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it."

Malcom X

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12575 Mar 13, 2014
“Be an independent thinker at all times, and ignore anyone who attempts to define you in a limiting way.”
&#8213; Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12576 Mar 13, 2014
We cannot give what we do not have: We cannot bring peace to the world if we ourselves are not peaceful. We cannot bring love to the world if we ourselves are not loving. Our true gift to ourselves and others lies not in what we have but in who we are. ~ Marianne Williamson

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12577 Mar 13, 2014
“ABC of a wonderful life: A man of the right ATTITUDE is GOOD; A man of the right ATTITUDE+the correct BEHAVIOR is BETTER; But, a man of the right ATTITUDE+the correct BEHAVIOR +an upright CHARACTER is THE BEST human.”
&#8213; Anuj Somany

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12578 Mar 13, 2014
“Perverts chase, men don't”
&#8213; Rahul Kumar Gola

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12579 Mar 13, 2014
“Don't ever confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude always depends on who you are.”
&#8213; Ziad K. Abdelnour, Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California couple married 75 years dies in each... 1 min andet1987 6
usa women's scoccer 3 min TALLYHO 8541 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min CJ Rocker 165,455
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 4 min andet1987 2,706
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Blitzking 168,977
ISIS’ slick recruitment propaganda. 4 min Kid_Tomorrow 4
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 4 min Iblis 15,565
The Gettsburg Address 49 min Kid_Tomorrow 108
Child Sex Offenders 1 hr greymouser 48
News Internet horrified by photo of giant 'Texas Red... 2 hr greymouser 4