Location hidden

#12255 Feb 4, 2014
Woman's at best a contradiction still.

--Alexander Pope

“Better he should think before”

Since: Jun 08

he shoots his mouth off......

#12256 Feb 4, 2014
"If there are things you don't like in the world you grew up in, make your own life different."

Dave Thomas
Independent

United States

#12257 Feb 4, 2014
"My dad has a weird hobby, he collects empty bottles, which sounds so much better than alcoholic, doesn't it?"

-Stewart Francis-

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#12258 Feb 5, 2014
“He was the kind of young man whose handsome face has brought him plenty of success in the past and is now ever-ready for a new encounter, a fresh-experience, always eager to set off into the unknown territory of a little adventure, never taken by surprise because he has worked out everything in advance and is waiting to see what happens, a man who will never overlook any erotic opportunity, whose first glance probes every woman's sensuality, and explores it, without discriminating between his friend's wife and the parlour-maid who opens the door to him. Such men are described with a certain facile contempt as lady-killers, but the term has a nugget of truthful observation in it, for in fact all the passionate instincts of the chase are present in their ceaseless vigilance: the stalking of the prey, the excitement and mental cruelty of the kill. They are constantly on the alert, always ready and willing to follow the trail of an adventure to the very edge of the abyss. They are full of passion all the time, but it is the passion of a gambler rather than a lover, cold, calculating and dangerous. Some are so persistent that their whole lives, long after their youth is spent, are made an eternal adventure by this expectation. Each of their days is resolved into hundreds of small sensual experiences - a look exchanged in passing, a fleeting smile, knees brushing together as a couple sit opposite each other - and the year, in its own turn, dissolves into hundreds of such days in which sensuous experience is the constantly flowing, nourishing, inspiring source of life.”
― Stefan Zweig, The Burning Secret and other stories

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12259 Feb 5, 2014
“It's way too easy to see the real face of a person. They're amiable and full of pretense when they want something from you, but the minute you don't give in, back away or put yourself first (like they do) is the minute they show you who they really are.”
― Donna Lynn Hope

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12260 Feb 5, 2014
Happiness blooms in the presence of self-respect and the absence of ego. Love yourself. Love everyone around you. Love everyone in the whole world. Know that your own life is of infinite importance, as is every other life. ~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#12261 Feb 5, 2014
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

#12262 Feb 5, 2014
"Doo wah diddy, diddy dum, diddy doo."

Manfred Mann

Since: Aug 08

San Jose, CA

#12263 Feb 5, 2014
... ram a lam a ding dong ...

... chuck berry ...

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#12264 Feb 5, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Have always loved this quote!

#12265 Feb 5, 2014
"If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."

Mickey Mantle

(and a few other folks......)

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#12266 Feb 5, 2014
..." there comes a time in every mans life ... and i had plenty of them " ...

...casey stengel...

#12267 Feb 5, 2014
"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

Yogi Berra

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12269 Feb 6, 2014
“There's a difference between playing and playing games. The former is an act of joy, the latter — an act.”
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12270 Feb 6, 2014
“The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.”
― Criss Jami

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12271 Feb 6, 2014
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12272 Feb 6, 2014
"There are no facts, only interpretations."

- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#12273 Feb 6, 2014
Where there is life, there is hope. Where there are hopes, there are dreams. Where there are vivid dreams repeated, they become goals. Goals become the action plans and game plans that winners dwell on in intricate detail, knowing that achievement is almost automatic when the goal becomes an inner commitment. The response to the challenges of life — purpose — is the healing balm that enables each of us to face up to adversity and strife…

Dennis Waitley

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12274 Feb 6, 2014
Hoof Arted wrote:
"The Broncos are struggling in the Super Bowl." ~ Nobody Ever
(too soon?)
Definitely too soon, if you ask those Bronco fans that I flew with on Sunday night, from Dallas to Denver.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12275 Feb 6, 2014
"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you."

Phil Hartman - Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Scent with Love 71,186
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 min swampmudd 1,260
News Cops warn of cows trying to sell dairy products... 3 min Parden Pard 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min honeymylove 211,396
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 3 min Princess Hey 48,965
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 8 min honeymylove 3,222
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 10 min honeymylove 149,523
A to Z songs by title or group! 23 min wichita-rick 969
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 8 hr wichita-rick 241
More from around the web