Interesting Quotes

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#12106 Jan 20, 2014
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will always hurt me. Bones mend and become actually stronger in the very place they were broken and where they have knitted up; mental wounds can grind and ooze for decades and be re-opened by the quietest whisper.”
― Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12107 Jan 20, 2014
Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#12108 Jan 20, 2014
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.– Thomas Jefferson in the debate over the Re-charter of the Bank Bill (1809)

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.”– Thomas Jefferson

… The modern theory of the perpetuation of debt has drenched the earth with blood, and crushed its inhabitants under burdens ever accumulating.-Thomas Jefferson

History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance.-James Madison

If congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to use themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations.-Andrew Jackson

The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principles, the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity.-Abraham Lincoln

Issue of currency should be lodged with the government and be protected from domination by Wall Street. We are opposed to…provisions [which] would place our currency and credit system in private hands.– Theodore Roosevelt

Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.-Woodrow Wilson

Years later, reflecting on the major banks’ control in Washington, President Franklin Roosevelt paid this indirect praise to his distant predecessor President Andrew Jackson, who had “killed” the 2nd Bank of the US (an earlier type of the Federal Reserve System). After Jackson’s administration the bankers’ influence was gradually restored and increased, culminating in the passage of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Roosevelt knew this history.

The real truth of the matter is,as you and I know, that a financial
element in the large centers has owned the government ever since
the days of Andrew Jackson…-Franklin D. Roosevelt
(in a letter to Colonel House, dated November 21, 1933)
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12109 Jan 20, 2014
the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12110 Jan 20, 2014
“They always say they didn't. I never heard of one who said,'You know, I deserve this.' Never happens.”
― Michael Crichton, Disclosure

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12111 Jan 20, 2014
“I thought I understood what was best. I knew too little and believed too soon.”
― Gloria Whelan, Angel on the Square

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#12112 Jan 20, 2014
La Sunshine wrote:
“The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren't the ones people see on the outside. They're the ones that make us bleed internally.”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Infamous
That is such "victim" mentality.
I would rather be in control of my mind and life.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~~Eleanor Roosevelt

”Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out!”~~Robert Tew

"Your life is your garden, your thoughts are your seeds,
if your life isn't awesome, you've been watering the weeds." ~~Terry Prince

“The mind is everything. What you think you become." ~~Buddha.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12113 Jan 20, 2014
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12114 Jan 20, 2014
"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Jack London

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#12115 Jan 20, 2014
"Three cords and the truth - that's what a country song is" -Willie Nelson ~

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#12116 Jan 20, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
Mahatma Gandhi
Ghandi was a racist pervert.

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12117 Jan 20, 2014

“One can talk good and shower down roses, but it's the receiver that has to walk through the thorns, and all its false expectations.”
~ Anthony Liccione

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#12118 Jan 20, 2014
"Stupid is as stupid does." ~~Forrest Gump (?)

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you 've always gotten." ~~Anthony Robbins

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12119 Jan 21, 2014
“That's what careless words do. They make people love you a little less.”
― Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12120 Jan 21, 2014
“If you never see a fool
You'll always be happy.

The one who keeps company with fools
Will be sorry for a long time.
It's painful to live with fools,
Like being always with an enemy.”
― Anonymous, The Dhammapada

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#12121 Jan 21, 2014
“If you put your hand into a fire, does anyone have to tell you to move it? Do you have to decide? No: When your hand starts to burn, it moves. You don’t have to direct it; the hand moves itself. In the same way, once you understand, through inquiry, that an untrue thought causes suffering, you move away from it.”
― Byron Katie, Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12122 Jan 21, 2014
Though we can't always see it at the time, if we look upon events with some perspective, we see things always happen for our best interests. We are always being guided in a way better than we know ourselves.~ Swami Satchidananda

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#12123 Jan 21, 2014
I know it sounds corny, man, but I like to bring folks joy, and I like to have a good time. I know folks like to be with somebody who's having a good time. You sure as hell don't want to be with somebody who's having a bad day.
Wolfman Jack
Independent

United States

#12124 Jan 21, 2014
It would be a bitter cosmic joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination

-Martha Gellhorn-

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA lady..

#12125 Jan 21, 2014
"Sometimes you
just have to
shut the
world out,
close your
eyes and....
turn up the music!"

~unknown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 7 min Princess Hey 8,879
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 32 min grace-fallen 3,051
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min wichita-rick 169,153
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 40 min Chimney1 173,332
News Colorado Police Chief Helps Deliver Own Daughte... 46 min wichita-rick 2
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grandma 43,338
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 1,159
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 4 hr andet1987 591
More from around the web