Interesting Quotes

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11986 Jan 9, 2014
"Of all the things a man may do, sleep probably contributes most to keeping him sane. It puts brackets about each day. If you do something foolish or painful today, you get irritated if somebody mentions it, today. If it happened yesterday, though, you can nod or chuckle, as the case may be. You've crossed through nothingness or dream to another island in Time."

Roger Zelanzy

Level 9

Location hidden

#11987 Jan 9, 2014
"“It wasn't a beautiful face. But it was a nice face. It wasn't a face that could launch a thousand ships. Maybe two ships and a small yacht. That was, until she smiled. When she smiled, her eyes lit up like a pinball machine when you win a bonus game. And she smiled a lot.”

Grant Naylor (Red Dwarf)

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#11988 Jan 9, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
"“It wasn't a beautiful face. But it was a nice face. It wasn't a face that could launch a thousand ships. Maybe two ships and a small yacht. That was, until she smiled. When she smiled, her eyes lit up like a pinball machine when you win a bonus game. And she smiled a lot.”
Grant Naylor (Red Dwarf)
Rimmer: "Step up to Red Alert!"
Kryten: " Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#11989 Jan 9, 2014
"We create our own unhappiness. The purpose of suffering is to help us understand we are the ones who cause it." - Willie Nelson ~

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Here Today,Gone Tomorrow..

#11990 Jan 9, 2014
Im proud of my heart,its been played ,stabbed,cheated,burned and broken but some how it still works...

“Is Trump still POTUS?”

Since: Jun 08

..just so long as SHE isn't...

#11991 Jan 9, 2014
"Hollywood is a place where they place you under contract instead of under observation."

Walter Winchell

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#11992 Jan 10, 2014
“Be warned: A person content to sit with you and criticize others will speak critically of you out of earshot.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#11993 Jan 10, 2014
“A sign of a lover of wisdom is his delight in not running his mouth about things he doesn't know.”
― Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11994 Jan 10, 2014
Don’t get stuck with a particular vision of how things should look. Choose a big, bold, and inspiring aspiration. Allow it to change over time. Sometimes on the way to your dream, you get lost and discover a better one. ~ Stephen Shapiro

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#11995 Jan 10, 2014
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#11996 Jan 10, 2014
“Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done, and have not done.”
― Hubert Selby Jr., Requiem for a Dream

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#11997 Jan 10, 2014
Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.
George Washington Carver

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11998 Jan 10, 2014
“Do not indulge in dreams of having what you have not, but reckon up the chief of the blessings you do possess, and then thankfully remember how you would crave for them if they were not yours.”

Marcus Aurelius

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11999 Jan 10, 2014
“Is your cucumber bitter? Throw it away. Are there briars in your path? Turn aside. That is enough. Do not go on and say, "Why were things of this sort ever brought into this world?" neither intolerable nor everlasting - if thou bearest in mind that it has its limits, and if thou addest nothing to it in imagination. Pain is either an evil to the body (then let the body say what it thinks of it!)-or to the soul. But it is in the power of the soul to maintain its own serenity and tranquility....”

Marcus Aurelius
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#12000 Jan 10, 2014
"In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress."

~John Adams~

Level 9

Location hidden

#12001 Jan 10, 2014
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is."

Francis Bacon

Level 9

Location hidden

#12002 Jan 10, 2014
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

Alexander Hamilton

Level 9

Location hidden

#12003 Jan 10, 2014
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."

Aldous Huxley

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Here Today,Gone Tomorrow..

#12004 Jan 10, 2014
Smart is when you believe half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#12005 Jan 10, 2014
" Parents wonder why the streams are bitter, when they themselves have poisoned the fountain."
- John Locke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min quilterqueen 8,475
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min Sublime1 25,007
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Jennifer Renee 24,299
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 21 min SweLL GirL 8,414
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 22 min SweLL GirL 37,041
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 24 min SweLL GirL 11,005
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 34 min Camilla 1,269
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 1 hr Boink face 9,305
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr Boink face 2,964
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Boink face 5,402
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Mustang GT Girl 221,936
More from around the web