Interesting Quotes

“...listen....”

Since: Jun 08

...hear that grass growin'?...

#11776 Dec 11, 2013
Tech_Bro wrote:
George W. Bush had important business to attend to on September 11th: reading a book, The Pet Goat, with second-graders in Emma T. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Florida, ostensibly to promote his "education program". Before entering the classroom around 9:02 AM he was aware of the crash of Flight 11 into the North Tower. Later he said:
And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said,'There's one terrible pilot.' And I said,'It must have been a horrible accident.' But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it." 1
Since the only known footage of the North Tower impact was not played on TV until much later, his statement being true would mean that his Secret Service detail had access to video from a secret camera trained on the North Tower at the time of the first impact.
At 9:06, as Bush sat in front of the class, Andrew Card approached him whispered something into his ear, taking less than two seconds. He is supposed to have told Bush that a second plane hit the towers. Bush looked momentarily befuddled. He did not ask his staff for further details. He remained seated and read out loud with the kids for at least eight more minutes, not leaving the classroom until 9:16.
While still in the classroom, Ari Fleischer signaled him, according to Bill Sammon:
"But--the--goat--did--som e--things--that--made--the--gi rl's--dad--mad."
"Let's clean that up," Mrs. Daniels said.
The president noticed someone moving at the back of the room. It was
White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, maneuvering to catch his attention
without alerting the press. Mr. Fleischer was holding up a legal pad.
Big block letters were scrawled on the cardboard backing: DON'T SAY
ANYTHING YET. The remarks drafted earlier would be woefully inadequate.
"The--goat--ate--things. "
After leaving the classroom, Bush remained in the school to delivered a brief scheduled speech, starting at 9:29 AM. Then at around 9:33, his motorcade departed from the school en route to Sarasota Airport. 3
peace sam.
both our presidents these past 16 years have been well'
always oz.
....yeah, but he read that book HISOWNSELF....!

"What's wrong with being a boring kind of guy?"

George H. W. Bush

“Bryant Park”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11777 Dec 11, 2013
"You have the right to free speech as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it."
Know Your Rights - Joe Strummer

Since: Aug 08

Ashburn, VA

#11778 Dec 11, 2013
... lf they were wize men how come they came late ...

... job ...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11779 Dec 12, 2013
Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.

Henry David Thoreau

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11780 Dec 12, 2013
Let the magic happen. It's always there. Abundance and love are always there. Believe in the highest good. There is a higher essence to everything. The realm you're in has a heaviness that mutes energy. You can penetrate through it, no matter how dark and heavy. Sometimes it has nothing to do with karma. Just don't forget to keep it open. Don't get too bogged down, don't limit the brightness. Reach through the dark energy and grab it. You might see the smoke coming out of the chimney and you'll even see the smoky sky. You need to reach through the smoke and bring the light to you. Remember the possibilities of something greater then are right here. Be willing to go to the lightness. Don't feed off what is not right in the world. ~ Lena Lees

Location hidden

#11781 Dec 12, 2013
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#11782 Dec 12, 2013
How can you be content to be in the world like tulips in a garden, to make a fine show, and be good for nothing.
Mary Astell

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11783 Dec 12, 2013
How's it on stains?.......Outlaw Josey Wales

Location hidden

#11784 Dec 12, 2013
Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.

Wallace Stevens

“...listen....”

#11785 Dec 12, 2013
"I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house."

Lewis Grizzard

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#11786 Dec 13, 2013
"I take it not only a day at a time, but a moment at a time, and keep it at that pace. If you can be happy right now, then youíll always be happy, because itís always in the now." -Willie Nelson ~

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#11787 Dec 13, 2013
"Skin that one, pilgrim, and I'll get you another."

Bear Claw (in Jeremiah Johnson)

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11788 Dec 13, 2013
Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find "tomorrow" on the calendars of fools. Forget yesterday's defeats and ignore the problems of tomorrow. This is it. Doomsday. All you have. Make it the best day of your year. The saddest words you can ever utter are, "If I had my life to live over again." Take the baton, now. Run with it! This is your day! Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead at midnight. Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.~ Og Mandino

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#11789 Dec 13, 2013
"There is no city in the United States in which I get a warmer welcome and less votes than Columbus, Ohio."

John F. Kennedy

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#11790 Dec 13, 2013
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings.
Heinrich Heine
Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#11791 Dec 13, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
....yeah, but he read that book HISOWNSELF....!

hope your doing well.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

always, Oz.

Location hidden

#11792 Dec 13, 2013
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

John F. Kennedy

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#11793 Dec 13, 2013
" The question isn't who is going to let me; it is who is going to stop me."
Ayn Rand
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#11794 Dec 13, 2013
If a sixpence is equal to 2 dollars, then what is 2 dollars equal to? Two dollars duh- heard In a rural central school of NYS

“...listen....”

#11795 Dec 13, 2013
Tech_Bro wrote:
<quoted text> yes sam, he read the book all by himself.
hope your doing well.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
always, Oz.
...backatcha, oz.........

"When they are alone they want to be with others, and when they are with others they want to be alone. After all, human beings are like that."

Gertrude Stein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 6 min Parden Pard 41,926
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 9 min NotaGoth 5,995
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 10 min NotaGoth 141,153
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 12 min whatimeisit 9,284
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 30 min Trunketeer 10,161
Thought-provoking > Lyrics-Poems-Quotes: (Nov '08) 32 min Just Roxie 32
Word association (Jun '07) 34 min Trunketeer 3,327
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 167,057
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 1,882
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 42,078