Interesting Quotes

Since: Aug 08

Ashburn, VA

#11554 Nov 20, 2013
... money does me no good ... unless you find a store that sells time ...

... me ...

“the Democrats have become”

Since: Jun 08

the Party of NO!!!..their turn

#11555 Nov 20, 2013
"I wasted time, and now doth time waste me."

William Shakespeare

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#11556 Nov 21, 2013
"Blues is easy to play but hard to understand." -Jimi Hendrix ~

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11557 Nov 21, 2013
The happiness which brings enduring worth to life is not the superficial happiness that is dependent on circumstances. It is the happiness and contentment that fills the soul even in the midst of the most distressing of circumstances and most bitter environment. It is the kind of happiness that grins when things go wrong and smiles through the tears. The happiness for which our souls ache is one undisturbed by success or failure, one which will root deeply inside us and give inward relaxation, peace, and contentment, no matter what the surface problems may be. That kind of happiness stands in need on no outward stimulus. ~ Billy Graham

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11558 Nov 21, 2013
Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.

William Blake

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#11559 Nov 21, 2013
"When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance." -Freddie Mercury ~

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11560 Nov 21, 2013
Courage can't see around corners but goes around them anyway.

Mignon McLaughlin
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#11561 Nov 21, 2013
"Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul."
-Charlie Chaplin, in a letter to his daughter Geraldine

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#11562 Nov 21, 2013
"All hail the American night! What was that? I don't know. Sounds like guns... thunder." -Jim Morrison ~

Location hidden

#11563 Nov 21, 2013
It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.

Helen Keller

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#11564 Nov 21, 2013
If you can take the hot lead enema then you can cast the first stone.

~Lenny Bruce

“the Democrats have become”

Since: Jun 08

the Party of NO!!!..their turn

#11565 Nov 21, 2013
"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future."

John F. Kennedy

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#11566 Nov 21, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
... money does me no good ... unless you find a store that sells time ...
... me ...
"At our hospitals, leading cancer technologies are combined with natural therapies to help you fight the disease and maintain your quality of life."

http://www.cancercenter.com/

I'm sure you've seen their commercials and the promise of the insurance companies they've "worked" with...

Level 7

Nehwon

#11567 Nov 21, 2013
"The House of Representatives voted Thursday to open an impeachment inquiry against President Bill Clinton, which makes him only the third president in American history to face such an investigation.

The vote was 258 to 176. All but one of the 228 Republicans voted to authorize the House Judiciary Committee to open an investigation that will be unrestricted in time and scope."

New York Times
October 9, 1998

In hindsight, this was a bellwether of things to come...

Location hidden

#11568 Nov 21, 2013
Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.

Confucius

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11569 Nov 21, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future."
John F. Kennedy
Sam, We sure could have used him now...RIP JFK

Level 7

Nehwon

#11572 Nov 21, 2013
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu

"America is a great power possessed of tremendous military might and a wide-ranging economy, but all this is built on an unstable foundation which can be targeted, with special attention to its obvious weak spots. If America is hit in one hundredth of these weak spots, God willing, it will stumble, wither away and relinquish world leadership."

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah."

Last two by Osama bin Laden

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11573 Nov 22, 2013
Being a friend is to like a person for who they are, even the parts you don't understand. The reasons you like them makes the things you don't understand unimportant. You don't have to understand, or do the same, or live their lives for them. If you truly care for them, then you want them to be who they are; that was why you liked them in the first place. ~ Terry Goodkind

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11574 Nov 22, 2013
Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Location hidden

#11575 Nov 22, 2013
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

John F. Kennedy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 9 min Mr_FX 3,455
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 14 min Mr_FX 1,763
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min syamsu 217,141
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 34 min Mr_FX 2,476
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 35 min Mr_FX 40,892
2words into 2new words (May '12) 37 min Mr_FX 6,887
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 53 min Mr_FX 5,897
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Are You Nuts 67,348
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Turnip 2,491
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Aussie Kev 10,704