Interesting Quotes

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10808 Sep 29, 2013
I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.

Ken Venturi
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#10809 Sep 29, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I had not read this great quote for a while. Thanks for posting it here!
you and aWitchintheWoods can thank Old Sam, it was his post that brought it to mind

“trump doesn't wanna be pres...”

Since: Jun 08

his pride won't let him quit..

#10810 Sep 29, 2013
"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else."

Charles Dickens

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10811 Sep 29, 2013
Until you get comfortable with being alone, you will never know if you are choosing someone out of love or loneliness.

Level 8

#10812 Sep 29, 2013
There is no exercise better for the improvement of our world than reaching down on a daily basis to lift someone up.

Level 8

#10813 Sep 29, 2013
Everyone's life has positive and negative aspects whether you're happy and successful or not depends greatly on which aspects you focus on.

Level 8

#10814 Sep 29, 2013
What is love?
In English, a language;
In Math, a problem;
In History, war;
In Geography, a mountain;
In Chemistry, a reaction
and
In a painting, a heart.

Level 8

#10815 Sep 29, 2013
You never know what life is going to throw at you so don't be afraid to take a chance because it might just be the best thing to happen to you!

Level 8

#10816 Sep 30, 2013
Know yourself before you decide to go around analyzing and judging other people.

Level 8

#10817 Sep 30, 2013
You don't have to know exactly where you're going every single second to be headed somewhere great.

Level 8

#10818 Sep 30, 2013
It's too easy to love hate, but it's not too easy to hate love.

Level 8

#10819 Sep 30, 2013
Nothing is more beautiful than a person whose heart has been BROKEN but still believes in LOVE.

Level 8

#10820 Sep 30, 2013
When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power.

Level 8

#10821 Sep 30, 2013
No matter how you decide to act or how good you try to live it, others are always going to talk shit, criticize and have their own opinion about your life... But always remember that only God can judge you...

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10822 Sep 30, 2013
When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully. When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light. When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it. When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway. When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back. When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some. When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going. When times are tough, dare to be tougher. When love hurts you, dare to love again. When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal. When another is lost, dare to help them find the way. When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand. When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile. When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great, too. When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best. Dare to be the best you can — At all times, Dare to be!~ Steve Maraboli

“Grateful,Humble, and Blessed!!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10823 Sep 30, 2013
“Its hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want.” – Unknown

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#10824 Sep 30, 2013
When a person doesn't have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity.
Elie Wiesel

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10825 Sep 30, 2013
“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro”

Hunter S. Thompson
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#10826 Sep 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for posting.*with tears in my eyes*
Sagan was not blind to our faults but he had such hope for our species.
I can remember Sagen talking about SETI not finding "anything" meaning it could be construed that the technical age may not survive, one of the thoughts that drew me to low cost self sustainability

I cant find the quote

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#10827 Sep 30, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>I can remember Sagen talking about SETI not finding "anything" meaning it could be construed that the technical age may not survive, one of the thoughts that drew me to low cost self sustainability
I cant find the quote
Could this be it?
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology." - Dr. Carl Sagan

From what I have read of Sagan, he believed that technological civilizations would self-destruct before maturing into spacefaring ones.

"Sagan believed that the Drake equation, on substitution of reasonable estimates, suggested that a large number of extraterrestrial civilizations would form, but that the lack of evidence of such civilizations highlighted by the Fermi paradox suggests technological civilizations tend to self-destruct. This stimulated his interest in identifying and publicizing ways that humanity could destroy itself, with the hope of avoiding such a cataclysm and eventually becoming a spacefaring species."

He was very hopeful but still a realist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min Roxie Darling 12,677
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min DanFromSmithville 197,402
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 6 min SUG here 4,248
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Old Sam 190,798
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min Old Sam 7,369
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 10 min Old Sam 2,553
One Word (Jan '09) 12 min Mega Monster 15,687
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 30 min KNIGHT DeVINE 2,351
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Old Sam 144,812
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Ricky F 32,120