Level 9

Since: Mar 10

Memphis

#10787 Sep 28, 2013
" You know it's been a good day, when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys"

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10788 Sep 28, 2013
Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.

Level 8

#10789 Sep 28, 2013
Together forever,never apart, maybe in the distance, but never in heart.

Level 8

#10790 Sep 28, 2013
Beating yourself up about a mistake you made is only going to make you more inclined to do it again. Just accept that it happened and move on.

Level 8

#10791 Sep 28, 2013
There is no easy shortcut to anywhere worth going. You must be willing to make sacrifices. It's a process!

Level 8

#10792 Sep 28, 2013
For all of you who gossip about me: Thanks for making me the center of your world !!!

Level 8

#10793 Sep 28, 2013
Happiness is a shadow. If you chase it, it moves further away. But if you turn to make others happy, it will follow you. Make other Happy and be Happy.

“Old Dinner Bell”

Level 6

Since: Mar 13

" Home Sweet Home "

#10794 Sep 28, 2013
They say marriage is made in Heaven. But so are thunder and lightning.

*Clint Eastwood*

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10795 Sep 28, 2013
"He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave."

Andrew Carnegie

“Fishin" in the Moonlight”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

#10796 Sep 28, 2013
We don't like their sound and guitar music is on its way out.

~~Decca Recording Company, rejecting the Beatles in 1962

“....winter time is....”

Since: Jun 08

....."numba TEN!!!".....

#10797 Sep 28, 2013
"The race of mankind would perish did they cease to aid each other. We cannot exist without mutual help. All therefore that need aid have a right to ask it from their fellow-men; and no one who has the power of granting can refuse it without guilt."

Walter Scott
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#10798 Sep 28, 2013
Those worlds in space are as countless as all the grains of sand on all the beaches of the Earth. Each of those worlds is as real as ours. In every one of them, there's a sucsession of incidence, events, occurences which influence its future. Countless worlds, numberless moments, an immensity of space and time. And our small planet, at this moment, here we face a critical branch-point in the history. What we do with our world, right now, will propagate down through the centuries and powerfully affect the destiny of our descendants. It is well within our power to destroy our civilization, and perhaps our species as well. If we capitulate to superstition, or greed, or stupidty we can plunge our world into a darkness deeper than time between the collapse of classical civilization and the Italian Renaissaince. But, we are also capable of using our compassion and our intelligence, our technology and our wealth, to make an abundant and meaningful life for every inhabitant of this planet. To enhance enormously our understanding of the Universe, and to carry us to the stars

Carl Sagan

“....winter time is....”

Since: Jun 08

....."numba TEN!!!".....

#10799 Sep 28, 2013
"There is a higher law than the law of government. That's the law of conscience."

Stokely Carmichael

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#10800 Sep 29, 2013
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

President Ronald Reagon.

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#10801 Sep 29, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
Those worlds in space are as countless as all the grains of sand on all the beaches of the Earth. Each of those worlds is as real as ours. In every one of them, there's a sucsession of incidence, events, occurences which influence its future. Countless worlds, numberless moments, an immensity of space and time. And our small planet, at this moment, here we face a critical branch-point in the history. What we do with our world, right now, will propagate down through the centuries and powerfully affect the destiny of our descendants. It is well within our power to destroy our civilization, and perhaps our species as well. If we capitulate to superstition, or greed, or stupidty we can plunge our world into a darkness deeper than time between the collapse of classical civilization and the Italian Renaissaince. But, we are also capable of using our compassion and our intelligence, our technology and our wealth, to make an abundant and meaningful life for every inhabitant of this planet. To enhance enormously our understanding of the Universe, and to carry us to the stars
Carl Sagan
Thank you for posting.*with tears in my eyes*
Sagan was not blind to our faults but he had such hope for our species.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10802 Sep 29, 2013
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#10803 Sep 29, 2013
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Robert Frost

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#10804 Sep 29, 2013
Good Sunday Morning DC.

"until it stops"
HH

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10805 Sep 29, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
Carl Sagan
I had not read this great quote for a while. Thanks for posting it here!

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#10806 Sep 29, 2013
Top of the day to you as well, Hoos.

True that, so here is some advice:

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."

Ben Hogan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min ms_Sweeter 157,738
Obama takes control of Internet 3 min Another One Down 76
Narcississtic Personality Disorder 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 10
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 149,187
Word Association (Jun '10) 7 min skybobbie 26,614
Last Post Wins II (Nov '09) 9 min Concerned_American 4,843
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 15 min skybobbie 382
Couple filmed 'having sex on Charlton Athletic'... 26 min Wolftracks 5
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 3 hr dragoon70056 39
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Denny CranesPlace 39,191